Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

The Joker set looks stellar

That's easily the best iteration of Harley Quinn so far

Joker and Batgirl look really good.

----

The Batmobile looks odd

Is that Man-Bat an old design?

Those "twins" are what nightmares are made of. Never heard of them until today.

And that Robin.... *huh*

Edited by Robert8

I think that Joker's car might be similar to Gotham City Cycle Chase price-wise. Not so sure about the Batmobile, it's missing another, smaller build for villains.

Joker's lowrider will most likely be in the price range of $20-$40. The Batmoble will be in the price range of $40-$60. I hope for the lowest on both.

I'd say about $30 for the Joker's Notorious Low-Rider. Anything more seems a bit off, given its a car and 3 minifigs. And even though this is technically liscensed, it's still an official Lego movie.

Thinking of the Fangpyre Truck Ambush, I can see Lego selling the Batmobile at a $60 price point.

What're we thinking price-wise on these?

$59.99 and $49.99 respectively:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/21/lego-batman-joker-set

Inspired by the film, the first set depicts LEGO Batman’s race through Gotham City in pursuit of Man-Bat and the Kabuki Twins in the Batmobile. The set includes the Batmobile with dual cockpit for Batman and Robin, two stud shooters and multidirectional wheels for three different modes — race mode, monster truck mode, and parallel-parking mode. The set, which features 581 pieces, will retail for $59.99.

The Joker’s Notorious Lowrider set depicts Batgirl’s pursuit of The Joker and Harley Quinn through the streets of Gotham City. The lowrider features bouncing suspension, handles for Harley to hang onto, and hidden double spring-loaded shooters (activated by pushing the buttons behind the stereo.) The set, which features 433 pieces, will retail for $49.99.

Edited by Sir Gareth

I think its manufacturing problem. All Batman minifigures that have face printed on black head (every Batman released since 2015) has this dark tanned skin tone. That's why Batgirl has this face.

Batgirl is modeled after her VA, Rosario Dawson, who is black. You can also tell by her hair; it is much closer to Rosario's hair color than comics Babs' red.

The Batmobile has ratchet joints connected to the front wheels. could they swivel forward to make some sort of bat trike?

The front's not wide enough for that. I'm thinking there's ratchets on the back wheel hubs too, and it will be able to strafe/rotate like the Arkham Knight Batmobile.

I'd say Batgirl's more based on her recent comic appearances than anything else

Kind of a cross between her classic purple and her current outfit, yeah.

http://www.ew.com/ar...atman-joker-set

I hope that's not the right final price on the Joker car.

The Batmobile I could see being $60, but Joker's car isn't that big at all and only has 430 pieces.

From the shots we've seen, I'd be hesitant to to say it's worth 40, never mind 50.

$50 for that car?! That's ridiculous, with that piece count and size it really ought to be more like $40. Also, only 3 figures in a $50 set? That seems kind of low... yeah, I know they're all new and really detailed, but still. Maybe all of these sets have low minifig counts-- I mean, the Batmobile has a repeat figure, so it's really more like 4 figures. Hmm.

I can't wait to see the rest of these sets! Woo-hoo!

That Joker set! :wub_drool:

Oh wow! That car may not be the greatest build ever produced, but there's a lot of purple, a lot of nice parts, and those mini figures! Harley in particular looks stellar! The rest of the figures are also really good. I can't wait to get my mittens on it! :thumbup:

http://www.ew.com/ar...ialflow_twitter

WHOA! $50. :wacko::cry_sad:

Also, that Harley Quinn shows us that the villains from that one movie photo we got are most likely the versions we'll be getting in the set. (Sadly)

I'm not a big fan of a lot of those villain variants (looking at you DeVito Penguin and Billy Dee Two Face) :thumbdown:

But that Clayface and big fig Bane look promising. :wink::thumbup: :thumbup:

I hope that's not the right final price on the Joker car.

The Batmobile I could see being $60, but Joker's car isn't that big at all and only has 430 pieces.

From the shots we've seen, I'd be hesitant to to say it's worth 40, never mind 50.

For the level of detail and quality we're getting in that, I'm okay with that. I wonder if we're getting a proper small $12 set or two like we did with The Lego Movie.

Also, the Batmobile's license plate is "Batitude". :snicker: It also appears Robin's gun has the words "Bat Merch" on it.

Did any one notice that Jokers torso seems to sit over his hip pieces. Might just be a trick of light or very well designed torso-hip painting.

Did any one notice that Jokers torso seems to sit over his hip pieces. Might just be a trick of light or very well designed torso-hip painting.

Yeah, they printed the vest to carry down into the hips. Need to see clearer pics to judge it fully but as of now I think that its a nice touch.

Edited by Legocity2713

Yeah, they printed the vest to carry down into the hips. Need to see clearer pics to judge it fully but as of now I think that its a nice touch.

No, it looks like the torso piece is new and extends a bit down over his hips to simulate an actual vest. I'd suggest looking at the picture on a phone and zooming in as far as you can.