Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

Even that Bane?! *huh*

It's alright, I can't tell if he has a sleeveless oversized jacked or what. The tubes are a bit excessive. Probably my least favorite to be honest...

Nice catch!

That's what I'm here for :wink:

Even that Bane?! *huh*

I mean I like him even though he's got the DKRises Jacket, making him Talon/Arkham War Bane. There's probably still room for the Tt Games Bigfig version...

So just to recap everything that could come from this movie set wave. A new belt mold. A ton of new batman suits (wether in a set or minifigure wave) pretty much new versions of a good chunk of batman villains we have already gotten. A new lobster mold. New batman villains we have never gotten before (clay face) . I don't know if I am forgetting anything but based on this I am super excited for this wave

Yeah, you could say (I hate myself for this) everything is awesome!

I really want that bane figure, having loved the idea of a big-fig bane since he appeared in Lego Batman 3.

Also, killer croc looks different than a big-fig. (compare his posture to bane's)

Knowing the animation style is like the Lego Movie's, if he was a big-fig, he would be in the same pose as bane is. So, how is killer croc being done this time around?

Looking at his legs, he could be done in a similar fashion as Leather Head from TMNT, or Axl from Nexo Knights, using normal mini-figure legs, but a large torso added on top, with separate pieces for the arms.

Then again, he is too big for that. Maybe something entirely new will be done for him?

Love all of the villains , along with the potential for sets for this theme! (Bat-cave set!)

I gotta say I feel really good about a physical Mr. Freeze!

With Clayface I could see happening a minifig size physical Clayface release that stop-motion morphs into big Clayface - which they might not give us if it's not deemed durable construction - and don't forget, there are bunches of parts used in the Lego movie that are in non existent colors, or super discontinued. New molds, generally safe. New figure prints, generally safe. Constructions, lots of omission and substitutions.

But not to be doom and gloom, I want it. Could happen!... but maybe realistically a little more dense and delicate than set designers' standards.

If that's Freeze, why does he look like a brick built figure?

For an imposing mech suit stature? Fun action range of motion? The possibility to finally use the proper part for Mr. Freeze? I've been wanting the Lex and Cyborg bigfigs from the game, and they're a head on a big suit. And Freeze has been depicted as reduced to a head-in-a-jar in some media, so his body in these cases is just a power suit, in which case why not go big?

Do you think he's just scenery?

(Not to get in an argument, but if you're thinking he does actually look like a figure and that he doesn't look like freeze, the check valve greebles, glowing icy white-blue shoulders and head dome, and a blast of that color where the arm would end, all says Freeze to me)

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

I personally like the new takes on mr. freeze and bane. Clay face will be interesting to see in physical form.

Comics adopted this a year or two ago - Knightfall mask and scale, Tom Hardy gear. It's odd, but it's a legitimate, non-permanent, alternate outfit. And far better than the unforgivable "Ultimate Spider Man" Green Goblin :sick:

That Bane is an interesting mix of classic Bane and The Dark Knight Rises Bane. His mask even has elements of both. I can't wait to see which of these we really get!

The guy that looks like Two-Face on the right, almost looks like he has Good Cop/Bad Cop's Scribble-Face head. That would be a twist.

Guys lets hope Mad Hatter is in this movie so we can finally get a figure of him!

I think there's a good chance we'll be seeing him in the near future. Notice the Penguin's new top hat in the pic?

Wow I'm really impressed by this villain lineup! Bane is the only one that looks weird , with that fur and oversized tubes. As for the rest , most of these bad guys are long overdue update. Penguin looks great with new top hat and fur, Riddler finally has his trademark cane instead of crowbar. Killer Crock looks different than summer version, not sure if I like him more or less. Cat woman with googles is looking great, Poison Ivy isn't that much different from last version. It's hard to see what Harlee and Two-Face look like though. Scarecrow looks same as the summer version of him. Brick built Clayface is intriguing to say the least. Hope most if not all of these bad guys will be included in sets. Next year looks great for Lego Batman!

Edited by benderisgreat

Let's just not get too excited about what is about to come... Because, you know, figures and builds in animated LEGO movies are surely not always doable in reality and we might just get very different variations and we all sure know that we can't and won't get every character that is seen. That would be sooo many sets and figures, I can't even imagine.

Let's just not get too excited about what is about to come... Because, you know, figures and builds in animated LEGO movies are surely not always doable in reality and we might just get very different variations and we all sure know that we can't and won't get every character that is seen. That would be sooo many sets and figures, I can't even imagine.

True. I was astonished we didn't get Green Lantern in a Lego Movie set. Hope we get all the main cast, though: new Batgirl, classic Robin, Alfred... maybe even a proper Commissioner Gordon... *fingers crossed*

Wow I'm really impressed by this villain lineup! Bane is the only one that looks weird , with that fur and oversized tubes.

Yeah, Bane doesn't look right. He looks like he's wearing a woman's wig.

25489032453_fc13778c10_b.jpg

Lots of new pieces. Riddler has a suit, a proper cane and a hat with hair. Penguin has a new top hat and I think a closed umbrella piece (Which I'm hoping means there's a new open umbrella piece). Catwoman is awesome, love those goggles. Poison Ivy is my favorite, the printing is fantastic, her face and torso look great. I love the dual molded arms, the skirt and the hair. Harley is my second favorite. It's like they crossed her Suicide Squad movie costume with her BTAS costume. And the roller skates are great, I had that same idea. Hairpiece might be a bit much, but I still kind of like it. Two-Face gives me a Batman Forever vibe with that purplish coloring.

Bane is strange, the collar feels like too much. Killer Croc is weird and I don't know that I like it that much. At least the mouth has a hinge I suppose. Hopefully they give us all these minifigures (I don't care one way or the other about these particular bigfigs).

Alfred is great, new collar, bald cap and a cloth element to represent coattails. I sort of hope they start using cloth elements more often for longer coats, it looks like it works pretty well. Batman's robe cloth piece is intriguing too, but complex enough that I'm doubting that I'm doubting we'll get one that matches (A simplified version maybe).

Edited by strangely