Sign in to follow this  
en_zoo

Laesonar 2 - Unexpected Encounters [Part 2] !! Pic heavy !!

Ep. 1

Laesonar - Episode 2

Unexpected Encounters – Part 2

Laesonar found the river easily, just as Ogrik said.

“It must be passed midday” he thought, trying to spot the sun above the dense foliage of the tree tops. He then focused on the water, drinking and washing his face.

This water smells of... something. Let me see if... ???”  His thought was interrupted. Something was wrong.

He looked at a big rock outcrop behind him, at a distance of around a hundred meters. He looked and listened hard: nothing. He wielded his katanas, ran quickly towards the rocks and up to the top, then jumped down to the other side: nothing. 

“Well, this is strange. I’m sure I felt a noise right here... Pity, I was hoping it was some sort of meat…” He started to go back to the river. “Hang on, ‘felt’ a noise? How exactly can you ‘feel’ a noise? Yet it was undoubtedly a noise, like a rustle. And I didn’t hear it, I ‘felt’ it.. …?” He was surprised and somewhat confused. He stood still for a while, trying to understand this new sensation, but his thought was interrupted again. This time, by the rumble of his stomach.  “Eh, skipping breakfast really IS bad. So let me see this water, it smells of... Of...” He started sniffing all over the bank and the water, a bit up river, where a small stream was flowing into the bigger one.

25324807559_c0920d8847_c.jpg

“Ah, here the smell is stronger. It smells of... Hmm Sniff Sniff... It comes from this little creek here. Hmm It smells of... Sniff Sniff Sniff... … Sausage!” He stood tall, looking at the stream, smiling and glowing with happiness for having found the way to some easy food. He started following the stream up at a fast pace.

He didn’t have to walk long before he could hear something: “I should’ve known, no sausage grows on plants, unfortunately.” He sighed and listened harder: “There’s three of them. And one is... punching a tree?? Man, this forest is really… Oh my! They are ladies!!” Grinning, he cleared his throat and passed a hand into his hair. After reaching the top of a hill, he could now glimpse the shape of a house through the vegetation. He stopped behind some bushes to check the situation.

30924914116_fa04bf8dd0_c.jpg

Three girls seemed to be the inhabitants of a semi-abandoned wooden house, the vegetation overgrowing all over and around it. One of them was chopping some wood with a big axe; she was big herself, with a bit of a masculine look. Another one was busy moving sacks and boxes around, a quiver with arrows attached to her back. The third was dressed in black and was, indeed, eating sausages.

“My my, they all look fantastic!” he thought “And so do the sausages! I need to play this one well!” He suddenly got out of the bushes right in front of the three, with a radiant smile:

“Good afternoon, nice ladies. I was wondering if you could lend me some clothes for the coming night, if you don’t mind?”

30872413031_4bf56cb6b0_c.jpg

The three girls were startled by the sudden appearance and rushed to reach their weapons. The black-dressed girl, pointing his short sword at Laesonar: “Now, don’t take another step! Who are you and what do you want?!”

22782113398_b3ff603361_c.jpg

“But of course. Why do I always assume that ladies are nicer than other people?” He thought, sighing in disappointment. Then replied: “My name is Laesonar, I happened to pass by and..”

The black-dressed girl: “Yes, ‘passing by’ in the middle of the forest, uh? You must be a bandit!”

Laesonar frowned: “A bandit? Do I look like one?”

The ‘archer’ girl, with an arrow ready at him: “I must admit, you look pretty good for a bandit…”

The black-dressed girl: “Are you a spy? Can you prove you’re not a spy?”

Laesonar raised his voice a bit: “Hey! How am I supposed to prove such a thing?”

A moment of silence followed, as everyone pondered the last point. The big girl approached slowly with heavy steps, wielding her axe: “Now now, girls, let’s not forget our good manners, shall we? The gentleman simply asked for something. And politely enough.”

The black-dressed girl: “What are you talking about, Helga? Are you going to parley with a..” She looked at Laesonar for a moment “... a random... armed... half-naked half-elf??”

“Helga, uh?” He thought, looking at the big girl and checking out her facial painting “What luck! Now let’s get some... sausages!”

Helga: “Well, the half-elf asked for clothes as he is, indeed, half-naked in the middle of the forest! He doesn’t have an aggressive pose and by the look of it, I say he could’ve taken the three of us down already, if he wanted to. Am I not right, Mr. Laesonar?” She said with a subtle smile.

22782104358_67f746aa5f_c.jpg

Laesonar: “Absolutely, Ma’am.” He replied proudly. “No harm meant here. And say, you’re called Helga, right? I might be able to prove that I’m not a spy after all: I’ve got a message for you from Ogrik.”

The ‘archer’ girl lowered her bow: “You’re the faun’s friend? So you’re an ally! Are you here to help us?”

Laesonar frowned. Helga smiled: “Now, Krisly, one thing at a time. So, what’s this message?”

Laesonar: “He thought that I might meet a girl with facial paintings called Helga in the forest. He asked me to tell you that he’s sorry about your brother. He’s going to Laelariel to take care of some business and then stay there as he believes this forest is not safe anymore. He would like you to join him there.’

Helga frowned and looked at the ground: “I see. When did you meet him?”

Laesonar: “A few hours ago, just uphill from here. We slayed a couple of boors together.”

Helga: “What? What happened?”

Laesonar: “Well these guys appeared and shouted something about surrendering and becoming their slaves, so we killed them. Ogrik said they were some of the bandits that proclaimed themselves owners of this area after the Avalonian Civil War.”

Helga: “Ah! Good that you’ve killed them! I thank you for your message, Laesonar. And for having taken some of those b******* down! Thanks to you, there’s going to be less of them when the moment comes. I think we can trust you.” She smiled.

The black-dressed girl: “You still want to go? Let’s just meet Ogrik instead and...”

Helga: “I’ve made up my mind, Elysande. I shall have my revenge.” She turned towards Laesonar: “So, which clothes do you normally wear?” She stressed the word, looking at the other girls, who seemed to remember something.

Laesonar: “Normally, brown trousers, a green coat and a very light chain mail. Then a light armour and a green cape.” Helga smiled while the other two looked surprised.

Krisly: “If we happened to have something like this, how could we be sure that they’re yours?”

Laesonar: “My armour has got a small ‘L’ carved in the inside. As for the clothes... Well...” He grinned “You’re going to have to smell me.”

Elysande: “How could you think that we...”

Helga interrupted quickly: “Come on now, Ely, you can see he means no harm.” She winked.

Elysande blushed slightly: “Oh, whatever! Let’s just give them to him.” She quickly got into the house. Laesonar grinned. Helga chuckled and got back to her wood-chopping, while Krisly smiled and put her bow away.

Elysande: “Here. Are these the clothes you mean?”

30659019110_05619aa61c_c.jpg

Laesonar: “Hey! Those ARE my clothes! And all of my stuff! How do you have them?”

Krisly: “They seem to have appeared overnight. We found them this morning, right here in front of the house.”

Laesonar: “Oh that makes sense.”

Krisly: “It does??”

Laesonar: “Well, I seem to have appeared around here this morning too, so...”

Elysande: “What are you talking about?”

Laesonar: “I just woke up in this forest this morning. I don’t know why or how. I guess the wizard might have something to do with it, but I forgot his name...” He picked up the sausages that Elysande had dropped: “You’re not going to have these anymore, are you?” He bit one and started chewing greedily. The girls looked perplexed and amused at the same time.

22782101158_f3329352f9_c.jpg

Krisly: “And how did you find us?”

Laesonar: “Oh that was easy, I followed the smell.”

The three girls were startled: “What smell?!” They all shouted together.

Laesonar “The smell of the sausages, of course. I assume you have washed your dishes in the creek or so?”

The girls seemed relieved. Elysande: “Actually, Krisly dropped few of them in the stream...”

Krisly: “I’ve already said I’m sorry.”

Laesonar, chewing: “Well, my turn with the questions, if you don’t mind. This house is obviously abandoned, what are you doing here? And how do you know the faun? Oh and... you don’t happen to have more sausages to spare, do you?”

Elysande smiled and went into the house, coming back with a bag full of salami: “Only these at the moment. And two rabbits that we’ve caught, but we haven’t roasted them yet.”

Laesonar bit a whole salami: “They’ll do just great, thank you very much! Oh, and rabbits are best stewed with some herbs and vegetables.”

Krisly looked surprised: “Can you cook?”

Laesonar: “But of course. Why? Can’t you?”

Krisly blushed slightly, looking at the ground: “Well, none of us can, actually.”

Laesonar sighed loudly: “Ehh. Modern girls. Not the good old times anymore, uh? No more good old-style girls, all meat-stewing and sex...”

Elysande got fired up: “Hey you don’t know that! You should see…” She realised the mistake and stopped.

Laesonar raised his eyebrows, smiling: “Yes?”

Elysande threw the bag of salami at him, watched him catching it and then looked into his eyes for a moment, pointing at him with her index finger, smiling slightly. She then turned around and disappeared into the house.

30844105992_d337870838_c.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Diary,

Today I’ve taken a bit of a risk: Laesonar almost caught me! I’m sure I made no noise, so he must’ve felt my presence or so. How did he do that? What’s wrong with that guy?? I need to be more careful from now on.

Love,

L

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ep. 3

So, ladies&gents, the MOC was ready almost a month ago but I couldn’t find the time for the story. When I found it, I realised that it was too long for only one chapter (sorry, I didn’t keep the promise :blush:), so I’ve decided to split it into two. What we have right here:

The house: my very first attempt! [LJ managed to have me going for timber, after all :wink:]. You’ll notice SK’s offset wall and windows [thanks for the tutorial, SK, I really like how it works!]. I do have a question: how do you guys normally keep the two parts of the roof together? I seem to have found a way by using 1x2 hinge bricks, but it was just a coincidence if it turned out with the right angle for the support, hence my question. Also, you’ll see that it doesn’t fit perfectly on the left-hand side right above the door – this is due to the small canopy that I stupidly added at the end. Speaking about the roof:

UoP credits: I’d like to claim credits for 1/3 roofing technique (weathered shingled here). I know it’ll look ‘basic’ to you guys, but for me it was the first time… Blush Also, if I understand correctly, the point of the University is for me to show mastery of a technique, rather than creating a new one, just as many people here did around 2 years ago [I did check :grin: - please do correct me if I’m wrong!].

As for the story… well, I hope you enjoy it :grin: Though there were reasons here, I do need to try and cut down on dialogues, I reckon? No worries, next part is definitely shorter! :blush:

More Pics [the house too]

All C&C more than welcome! Thanks for reading/watching! ^^

Edited by en_zoo

I put my main comment in the next section, where you have the overview, but I just want to reiterate how much I like your story, and especially the way that you illustrate the action by changing small things in the scenes (like minifig faces). Great work!

I fell asleep last night contemplating different Lego roofing techniques, and it occurred to me that I had some feedback to give to you about your roof. When I first saw it it seemed strange that I could see the sides of the shingles (when looking at the gabled end) with the uneven gap underneath. I realized that the reason it seemed odd was that there was no end board to hide it and make the whole thing look a tad prettier/more complete. I forget what the technical name for the end board is (rake, maybe? I know I read it in the UoP guidelines somewhere) but I think including one here would have cleaned up the shingle edge on the gable and made it look a tad nicer. It still works the way it is, but I think it would be better if it had that board (rake?). 

On 13/11/2016 at 8:44 PM, TitusV said:

lovely build, the vegetation is very good, as is the cottage :thumbup:

23 hours ago, The Architect said:

Nice MOC. The story is awesome and your minifigs are cool! 

Thanks guys, really glad you like it! ^^

On 14/11/2016 at 2:51 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

I fell asleep last night contemplating different Lego roofing techniques, and it occurred to me that I had some feedback to give to you about your roof. When I first saw it it seemed strange that I could see the sides of the shingles (when looking at the gabled end) with the uneven gap underneath. I realized that the reason it seemed odd was that there was no end board to hide it and make the whole thing look a tad prettier/more complete. I forget what the technical name for the end board is (rake, maybe? I know I read it in the UoP guidelines somewhere) but I think including one here would have cleaned up the shingle edge on the gable and made it look a tad nicer. It still works the way it is, but I think it would be better if it had that board (rake?). 

thanks for the detailed comment, HQ, this is the type of feedback I need! ^^ so, though I have an idea, I'm not 100% sure of what you mean - maybe you have a pic of someone's build to show me exactly? Is this what you mean?

link

Edited by en_zoo

Very cool addition to your storyline! Adjusting the minifig faces for each shot makes the story much more effective :thumbup:

On 18/11/2016 at 2:02 PM, soccerkid6 said:

Very cool addition to your storyline! Adjusting the minifig faces for each shot makes the story much more effective :thumbup:

thanks SK, glad you like it ^^