Looks great Paul!  Tons of detail and curves on top of a very robust and functional chassis.  Definitely some of your best works yet!  :) 

1 hour ago, Theo van Vroenhoven said:

Really nice MOC, looks great to me!

Makes me reconsider to buy the Porsche after all...

Is it a one set MOC or do we need a lot of extra (orange) parts as well?

Definitely more parts than only one set. I see many orange #3 angle connectors.

This car looks great. I've been waiting to see someone do the new orange parts justice. The rear end is perfect and my favorite view is from above looking into the cabin. Great chassis and excellent bodywork. Can we get a video? 

Lengendary build alltogether :thumbup:! Great to see the car moving in 1st gear with minimal friction. Would love to see more details of the drive train and gearbox. 

Amazing build, look forward to sacrifice one of my Porsche to build it :thumbup:

(shame that lego will no longer support LDD as well as they did before though)

Edited by charlesw

Sorry I haven't posted in this topic yet.  This is a great car and I think the instructions will probably follow pretty quickly.  I'll keep you posted!

16 minutes ago, Blakbird said:

Sorry I haven't posted in this topic yet.  This is a great car and I think the instructions will probably follow pretty quickly.  I'll keep you posted!

Awesome! Would really like to see the inner workings of this beast :wub:

For anyone interested, Eric(Blakbird) and I have been collaborating over the past coupe months doing instructions for this new model.. Eric has a ton of time involved in these and we made dozens of changes throughout the process to enhance the building experience.. They are free to all.. All I ask is please share them with everyone as I know there will be thieves trying to make a profit off of them..

Happy New Year Everyone..!

Rebrickable

CLICK HERE FOR INSTRUCTIONS AND BSX File

800x447.jpg

Edited by Paul Boratko

43 minutes ago, Paul Boratko said:

For anyone interested, Eric(Blakbird) and I have been collaborating over the past coupe months doing instructions for this new model.. Eric has a ton of time involved in these and we made dozens of changes throughout the process to enhance the building experience.. They are free to all.. All I ask is please share them with everyone as I know there will be thieves trying to make a profit off of them..

Happy New Year Everyone..!

Thanks Paul and Eric !!!  A good start in the year of our !!! Happy New Year!!!!

Edited by dokludi

Amazing Paul! Very creative and solid looking chassis. Love the random use of the shifter piece! Clever! 

Great car with nifty gearbox-mechanism - thanks a lot (to you and Blakbird) for giving the HQ BI for free!!

Great build, wonderful that there is now instructions.... and I was happy to see it also posted on mocpages. 

Sorry if this has been addressed already, but there is obviously a lot of the body work parts from the Porsche.  If one would like to build this car, how close to the Porsche is the parts list?  I get is not a "B" model, but if one already has the Porsche, and they want to do this build in orange, do they share 50, 60, 70% etc... of the same parts?  Even if you are not sure exactly, do you have a good estimate Paul? 

Thank you very much for sharing the instructions. I would love to build this, but since I have never venture out from kits, would a standard Porsche GT3 cover most of the parts needed?

Thank You very much, Paul and Eric. And Happy New Year.

I've got 97% of parts for this Scorpion, and think, that made right choice and bought Porsche before NY. :sweet:

7 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Sorry if this has been addressed already, but there is obviously a lot of the body work parts from the Porsche.  If one would like to build this car, how close to the Porsche is the parts list?  I get is not a "B" model, but if one already has the Porsche, and they want to do this build in orange, do they share 50, 60, 70% etc... of the same parts?  Even if you are not sure exactly, do you have a good estimate Paul? 

The model has 2485 parts.  If you part out the Porsche, then there are 785 more parts remaining.  So having 42056 covers 68% of the parts and 73% of the cost.

Incidentally, this model can ONLY be built in orange because it uses the Porsche fender panels.