carebear

a Special Place to Visit ( modular building moc )

Hi there!!!

I Like to show you my finally finished corner modular ( a Special Place to Visit )

it's a combination of museum and research centre ( in the tower on top is a scope and some satellite dishes )

- it was a fun but time consuming build

I always build as i go, sure i make a plan but no drawings/instructions, ( my computer skills are not that great )  I learned a lot from watching the great buildings and technics from you eurobrickers ( thanks for that!!! )

a little bit of specs:

- baseplate 3 x 32 x 32
- hight : 60 cm
- pieces : lost count

Hope you like it!?

Greetings

img_001.jpg

img_001.jpgimg_003.jpg

img_006.jpgTanks for watching!

img_007.jpg

img_027.jpg

img_021.jpg

img_022.jpg

Thanks for Watching!

Edited by carebear

Nice way to start a Sunday, by seeing such a nice moc!  I like the inside floortiling a lot! The round shapes give the building a great look with grandeur!

I'm impressed, what a great building! It has a real 19th century natural history museum look and feel. The floor tiling is superb. Are those colors pearl gold, medium azure and dark red?

I'll definitely borrow some interior details for my next modular. :-)

1 hour ago, darkhorse00 said:

This is so beautiful!. Wowwwwwww...Awesome work there!

Thanks for the nice comment

1 hour ago, LegoSjaak said:

Nice way to start a Sunday, by seeing such a nice moc!  I like the inside floortiling a lot! The round shapes give the building a great look with grandeur!

Thanks, for the nice comment,

1 hour ago, dutchlegofan50 said:

I'm impressed, what a great building! It has a real 19th century natural history museum look and feel. The floor tiling is superb. Are those colors pearl gold, medium azure and dark red?

I'll definitely borrow some interior details for my next modular. :-)

Thanks for the nice comment, the floor colors are : - pearl gold - sand green - darkred

goodluck with your modular

An impressive build. The exterior looks nice and I like your idea of using the round pieces for the corner section. I do think however that you have oberdone it a little bit and should have a used a few less of them for a cleaner look.

The details on the backside are great and I like the workers with the ladders and stuff (something I have incorporated into my upcoming build as well :)). 

The interior is really lovely with some smart mini builds and a warm athmospheric color scheme.

Overall a great modular that should look impressive in every city layout.

The museum looks grand and impressive, both in and outside! The colours you have used fit very well, especially the tiling is surprising!

I'm curious what is exposed in the museum showcases.

What an amazing build!! I love all the little details (the workers and their scaffolding is a nice touch) The interior looks stunning too... I'd also like to see more of the exhibits!! If I was a minifigure I could up imagine spending hours in there!!! 

Thanks for sharing!!

Your museum looks really great. My favourite part is probably the roof allowing you to have a look inside the top floor.

...still searching for the right words... impressive, for sure one of it but there must be others... :wink:

Like the colurs you used. Amazing count of details for the interior. :thumbup:

IMO you've done a great job with the corner section, though I have to say that I'm not a great fan of the top part. I guess very usefull for all the scientific instruments but for me it doesn't really fit into the picture, Some kind of cupola would give a smoother touch.

But anyway, AMAZING job!

5 hours ago, peedeejay said:

An impressive build. The exterior looks nice and I like your idea of using the round pieces for the corner section. I do think however that you have oberdone it a little bit and should have a used a few less of them for a cleaner look.

The details on the backside are great and I like the workers with the ladders and stuff (something I have incorporated into my upcoming build as well :)). 

The interior is really lovely with some smart mini builds and a warm athmospheric color scheme.

Overall a great modular that should look impressive in every city layout.

Tanks for the nice comments

- I just love those round pieces ( but i agree it's a bit too much )

4 hours ago, Wesley D said:

The museum looks grand and impressive, both in and outside! The colours you have used fit very well, especially the tiling is surprising!

I'm curious what is exposed in the museum showcases.

Thanks for the nice comments

here you can see the inside of the showcases : http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=566866

4 hours ago, greg3 said:

What an amazing build!! I love all the little details (the workers and their scaffolding is a nice touch) The interior looks stunning too... I'd also like to see more of the exhibits!! If I was a minifigure I could up imagine spending hours in there!!! 

Thanks for sharing!!

here you can see more of the exhibits : http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=566866

4 hours ago, Dazz said:

Your museum looks really great. My favourite part is probably the roof allowing you to have a look inside the top floor.

- the roof is my favourite too

1 hour ago, henkderbob said:

I really love your details!

thanks for the nice comment

30 minutes ago, Zork said:

...still searching for the right words... impressive, for sure one of it but there must be others... :wink:

Like the colurs you used. Amazing count of details for the interior. :thumbup:

IMO you've done a great job with the corner section, though I have to say that I'm not a great fan of the top part. I guess very usefull for all the scientific instruments but for me it doesn't really fit into the picture, Some kind of cupola would give a smoother touch.

But anyway, AMAZING job!

- I agree, it looks a bit of, but that makes it more interesting

Jaw dropping build! So many incredible details and a great sense of style and color. 

I only wonder, why do the archaeologists wear hats indoors? :grin:

30 minutes ago, Svendp said:

Absolutely stunning

Thanx for the nice comment

27 minutes ago, gotoAndLego said:

There have been some pretty amazing MOCs recently, yours is wonderful.

that's a nice comment especially coming from you ( love your work )

8 minutes ago, Vorkosigan said:

Jaw dropping build! So many incredible details and a great sense of style and color. 

I only wonder, why do the archaeologists wear hats indoors? :grin:

Tanks for the nice coment

- I Know the hats has no purpose ( but I just love a woman in uniform with hat )

I think you should work windows and ornamentation into the upper sides because that building isn't always going to sit next to a tall modular like the Town Hall. Of course, if you have another big and beautiful MOC planned for the other side disregard my comment.

Edited by gotoAndLego

26 minutes ago, gotoAndLego said:

I think you should work windows and ornamentation into the upper sides because that building isn't always going to sit next to a tall modular like the Town Hall. Of course, if you have another big and beautiful MOC planned for the other side disregard my comment.

I see your point, ( I think i will build 2 different panels so i can change the sides if i wil change the city layout ) thanks for your input

35 minutes ago, carebear said:

I see your point, ( I think i will build 2 different panels so i can change the sides if i wil change the city layout ) thanks for your input

Good plan. You already bought 8,000,000,000,000 bricks so why stop now. :tongue:

Edited by gotoAndLego

15 minutes ago, gotoAndLego said:

Good plan. You already bought 8,000,000,000,000 bricks so why stop now. :tongue:

Yes, when you are building, and it goes well, you get the Build-Bugggggg and stopping is no option ( What do you mean!!! I have no Brick-Addiction :grin: )

17 minutes ago, RogerSmith said:

Brilliant!

Love the interior & exterior details. The scale is impressive, but completely fitting for a museum!

Thanks for the nice coment

12 minutes ago, Venunder said:

Excellent work! Lots of detail and plenty to see. :thumbup: :thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks for the nice coment