Sign in to follow this  
CM4Sci

[MOC] 70904 Clayface Splat Attack "MOD"

Alright so the new LEGO Batman Movie set was found today, and I really dislike the design 

So I spent the last hour and a half designing one I find more accurate and better. Lemme know what you think.

The left hand is a stud shooter so you can shoot the fingers :wink:

22745998928_f7fb4c6a3e_o.png 

Wow, that's quite the improvement and you may have convinced me to buy this set after all. Care to post the LDD file for when it comes out?

I like this one better than the official one

This is what I was expecting, something similar to  Infernox from Nexo Knights. 

Good job and thanks for sharing :classic:

14 hours ago, Actor Builder said:

Poor Clayface. He only has so many fingers to explode. Unless he grows fingers often. Does Clayface often grow fingers?

Yes, he can shoot every part of this body, and it will grow again

Edited by Robert8

See, this is why I love Lego. If you don't like the official build: change it. Very well done!

At least lego went for a brick build version you can mod which fit the character very well. A regular mining or bigfig simply wouldn't give the right vibe. They made that mistake with sandman which just looked wrong as a minifig holding som sand pieces. His powers simply didn't show like it does with a brick build Clayface. 

Edited by Tupiaz

7 minutes ago, Tupiaz said:

At least lego went for a brick build version you can mod which fit the character very well. A regular mining or bigfig simply wouldn't give the right vibe. They made that mistake with sandman which just looked wrong as a minify holding som sand pieces. His powers simply didn't show like it does with a brick build Clayface. 

True

On 11/11/2016 at 7:31 PM, BigGuy4U said:

Wow, that's quite the improvement and you may have convinced me to buy this set after all. Care to post the LDD file for when it comes out?

Yes please do.

I would like to give him two sets of hands, but I can;t make out the colour. Would that be reddish brown or dark flesh?

Thanks for the comments everyone! I'll post the LXF eventually.

8 minutes ago, Cobb said:

I would like to give him two sets of hands, but I can;t make out the colour. Would that be reddish brown or dark flesh?

He is dark orange and reddish brown in the pic but it really should be nougat or something