Sign in to follow this  
Kodan Black

[O - H04] - So Many Questions

Tags: Land Vehicle

Previously...

// PERSONAL DIARY //

I'd brought Dr. Hawkins up to the Axle my meeting with Dr. Long. It had been a chance meeting, but had left me quite perplexed. How did Dr. Long know about my robot dog and what ED-208 was up to with the dog? How did she know about the dog's programming? Why was she so concerned for a robot pet at all? I hadn't heard from ED-208 in a while and that was concerning.

Despite having so many questions to ponder I knew that I couldn't keep Dr. Hawkins waiting, that would be impolite. I went down to one of the engineering spaces on the Axle where I had Dr. Hawkins looking over a prototype speeder. I felt it would be a good addition to the corporation as it was small, fast, and efficient. It would be an ideal choice for getting between points on a planet that were not far enough to warrant a ship. The speeder was unarmed, but it had speed and agility to keep the user safe. The power output was such that it could also be used to recharge equipment or run a small individual encampment. Eventually it would be painted to best match the needed use, but for now it was just primer gray.

Dr. Hawkins had suggested increasing the size of the heat exchanger so that on hotter planets or ones with more dust there would be no degradation of performance. A wise insight. I was tempted to talk to him about some of the recent things that had been going on with the mysterious lab and most recently my run in with Dr. Long but I had to remind myself that he was from Mantis. Normally I'd talk to ED-208 but it seemed like there was something going on with him so that wouldn't be possible. I could try to seek some clarity from Dr. Long herself, but I know how busy she is.

30272417514_d21abd9d1f_c.jpg

Overhead:

30790453092_0f6f25dd1d_c.jpg

Axle Bay:

30870714116_9d79e0cda6_c.jpg

Speeder:

30906641375_fc55475a15_c.jpg

30272415554_9a8b0c40b0_c.jpg

30272415474_e18c04786e_c.jpg

I like the arrangement of the sport pieces with the tiles on at the rear, though I would have tried to get the 1x2 vents one plate lower to put them directly in between the sport pieces. Not sure that front end would pass Dr. Long's Health and Safety inspection though. :tongue:

Nice build! What's with all the recent Octan builds involving vehicles in hallways though? 

1 hour ago, Mesabi said:

Nice build! What's with all the recent Octan builds involving vehicles in hallways though? 

Corporate doesn't care that much about safety, we all had to sign legally binding safety waivers. The lawyers know the corporation is protected.