That's really awesome! It's a great feeling when others take your own design and modify it into something (arguably) even better. Congrats!

1 hour ago, Beck said:

That's really awesome! It's a great feeling when others take your own design and modify it into something (arguably) even better. Congrats!

I feel honored indeed. Personally I prefer the manual version, also because of all the work I put in the gearbox and shifter. Nevertheless, I would love to see this model drive by itself.

Thank you very much for rewarding me with a first place in your Top (20)17 @Thirdwigg! Like I commented on your website: I hope to someday build something in the same collaborative way again. Thanks!

Edited by Didumos69

I'm working on some cutaways as presentation material. For those interested here's a cutaway showing all functional elements of the chassis. Here's the LXF-file (also contains the door locks).

960x270.jpg

I have started building this fantastic car and have to chime in saying that it is has an awesome design, without doubt!

I noticed a small inconsistency between the LDD/building instructions and the cut away quoted above. In the picture above there is an 8L axle with stop sitting right below the HOG steering mechanism. Whereas in the LDD and the instructions there is a standard 8L axle without stop. Has this been changed deliberately over the course of time (IMHO, the axle with stop makes more sense here)?

Edited by Woodstock89

9 minutes ago, Woodstock89 said:

I have started building this fantastic car and have to chime in saying that it is has an awesome design, without doubt!

I noticed a small inconsistency between the LDD/building instructions and the cut away quoted above. In the picture above there is an 8L axle with stop sitting right below the HOG steering mechanism. Whereas in the LDD and the instructions there is a standard 8L axle without stop. Has this been changed deliberately over the course of time (IMHO, the axle with stop makes more sense here)?

Thanks for building this model. You are right, the 8L axle with end-stop was replaced with a normal 8L axle. The reason was to make the building order more practical. The point where the axle is installed (step 88) does not allow for the installation of the axle with end-stop. If you see a way to install the axle with end-stop, you could (it is possible :wink:), but it's not necessary. It stays put also without the end-stop.

2 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

Thanks for building this model. You are right, the 8L axle with end-stop was replaced with a normal 8L axle. The reason was to make the building order more practical. The point where the axle is installed (step 88) does not allow for the installation of the axle with end-stop. If you see a way to install the axle with end-stop, you could (it is possible :wink:), but it's not necessary. It stays put also without the end-stop.

Thanks for the fast response! I managed to install the axle with end-stop, but I agree, it was a bit difficult ;-)