21 hours ago, schraubedrin said:

The problem is the bracing of the wheel:

Because of this i wouldn't use this solution personally

This means the motorbike tires are a no-go. Thanks for investigating this!

21 hours ago, Kumbbl said:

Didumous, i'm speechless... it's a new kind of supercar IMHO - and i have already build many (TLGs and MOCs of some "star"-designers)...

May i ask you if you are planning instructions, maybe for some fee?

Thanks! I guess it is kind of new - as in unprecedented - however I do think there won't be a wide audience for this. I don't think I will do full-blown instruction, unless I find someone willing to do that for me, but I will certainly share the final LDD-file and maybe a photo sequence.

20 hours ago, Ludo Visser said:

It reminds me a bit of 8880; a modern incarnation :classic:

That's a great compliment! To me 8880 was epic and served as the bridge between old Technic and new Technic.

16 hours ago, drakmin said:

Loving this "minimal use of panels" -theme! You've pulled it off really good! (I've had a panelles Technic car on my design queue for years. Your take will speed up my current project to get started sooner with the car design)

Your design is so good that I couldn't help but roughly photoshop some ideas on top of it :) Hope you don't mind me posting this image. For my eye the front end could be even more interesting if it didn't have fully connected red areas (horizontally whole car width). The rear is already like this. I also think that your design might benefit from having slimmer tires on front and thicker on the back. Lets say 2 motorcycle tires on front on 3 on back. Of course it might not be possible to find correct tire and rim combination to achieve this.

Good luck with the final details and thanks for this thread!

Thanks for thinking with me! Great to know you have plans for something panelless too! I have taken your advice and completed the black split in the front. I did however hold on to the H in the grill :wink:

15 hours ago, Lipko said:

The more I see it the more I love it. It is going to be epic.

That's also a great compliment Lipko. I would never have thought this project would evolve the way it did.

Short update:I lifted the spoiler (as was suggested by @schraubedrin) by one stud. It's still not a wing, but I think it looks better and it gives some space between the rear lights and the spoiler. For the rear light I took @agrofs idea, only a little higher so it does not collide with the wheels when the suspension is fully compressed. I also had to move the slanted red lines more inwards, but I think it still perfectly fits the overall lines - very nicely emphasized by @proran - of the car. Next step will be to add a trunk door. Would be nice if I could integrate a red H in it.

960x540.jpg960x540.jpg960x540.jpg960x540.jpg

Let me show you my a-s-s :laugh::

960x540.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

If You ask me, forget trunk door, and such. It would ruin the base concept in my opinion.

I do think, this is on the right direction already, from now on I would focus on cleaning the lines, revise the connections, remove / replace unnecessary parts, etc... :wink:

edit: looks awesome!

Edited by agrof

9 minutes ago, agrof said:

If You ask me, forgot trunk door, and such. It would ruin the base concept in my opinion.

I do think, this is on the right direction already, from now on I would focus on cleaning the lines, revise the connections, remove / replace unnecessary parts, etc... :wink:

I agree with this.

Hints:

Unbenannt.png

https://www.lego.com/hu-hu/service/buildinginstructions/search?initialsearch=75525#?text=75525 :wink:

EDIT: OOOPS - I just see, it is the cross-axle version 6123815.jpg, sorry.

Also if You don't find an alternative to remove the connectors, I suggest to move them to the bottom with 2M axle, and replace the upper axles for 8M (if I see it correctly).

Edited by agrof

7 hours ago, agrof said:

If You ask me, forget trunk door, and such. It would ruin the base concept in my opinion.

7 hours ago, Lipko said:

I agree with this.

Okay, thanks again for thinking with me. I agree, but I couldn't help incorporating the idea I had. The spoiler had to be fixed better anyway; it's position relied on a single friction point. So I made a few changes to support the spoiler better and at the same time replaced the black liftarms that hold the spoiler with bent liftarms and between the slanted ends of these liftarms I inserted the H-logo. So now the spoiler and the logo-extension together serve as openable trunk cover. And finally I added 4 exhausts. And this is where I will stop... from now on only cleaning, revising, removing etc., i promise :wink:.

960x540.jpg960x540.jpg

@agrof, I moved the connectors to the bottom the rear window. For a single axle i would need an 11l axle, which are not available in black.

5 hours ago, DugaldIC said:

Well this is definitely looking rugged,  I second the 8880 modernized comment!  Looks good :) 

Thanks!

Here's a cutaway showing all bent liftarms I used :wink:. I count 42 instances.

960x540.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

This car looks simply amazing. I'm curious to look how many parts i need to build it, this is on my must-build-list :grin:

Have you thought about lowering the rear apron to the same level as the exhaust pipes?

Okay, if You want so...:classic: I was hoping for some nice exhaust pipes instead of the trunk... 

What about DBG for the H logos? In my opinion they would blend a bit more in, thus let the focus on the nice red curves. You also mentioned, that DBG is kind of your "trademark". :wink:

I would check both, with thin outer lines and thick one, delete the LBG axle from the grill, use a normal 3M pin in black instead:

K_pkiv_g_s2.png

K_pkiv_g_s.png

One more note, the visible bushes beside 6153686.jpg in the rear, would look better in red, would bridge the rear curves nicely.

When do You plan to build it?

Edited by agrof

this is such a great project :)
even if i'm not a fan of non rc models im absolutely amazed by this car

10 hours ago, piterx said:

this is such a great project :)
even if i'm not a fan of non rc models im absolutely amazed by this car

Thanks!

15 hours ago, agrof said:

Okay, if You want so...:classic: I was hoping for some nice exhaust pipes instead of the trunk... 

What about DBG for the H logos? In my opinion they would blend a bit more in, thus let the focus on the nice red curves. You also mentioned, that DBG is kind of your "trademark". :wink:

I would check both, with thin outer lines and thick one, delete the LBG axle from the grill, use a normal 3M pin in black instead:

One more note, the visible bushes beside 6153686.jpg in the rear, would look better in red, would bridge the rear curves nicely.

When do You plan to build it?

Great suggestions! I made the H-logo DBG. I also tried the narrow H with thin liftarms, but that looked way to fragile for this car. To make this look okay in the grill I replaced the 7L LBG axle in the grill with two dark tan 3L axles with knob. That gives a little more contrast with the DBG H. I also colored the two bushes just above the rear bumper red, but I'm not completely convinced. I also like the idea of having a split between the left and right red curves, just like in the nose of the car. I will decide on all these small twists when I'm building the real body. I'm about to order the parts I need and when I have them I will start building right away. I'm really excited to build this in real life!

About the exhaust pipes you were hoping for, I did attach pipes directly to the engine, a bit similar to what @Paul Boratko did in his Scorpion. I'm not so much into these kind of decorations. I like the trunk and especially the black copy of the Porsche luggage bag as an ironic wink to the Porsche :wink:. Btw, here's the latest copy of the LXF-file. Feel free to comment on things or change things. One thing I'm not happy with yet, is the way the doors are mounted. I'm a bit reluctant in sharing it, because I didn't build the body yet, so things will probably change. So please don't share it with others. (There are still old copies of my ultimately playable Porsche moving around the internet, which can be quite confusing for people that are interested.)

960x540.jpg960x540.jpg960x540.jpg960x450.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: outstanding - simply outstanding...

one remark to the H-symbol: the gray version of the H feels like the odd man out, especially the front one - the red version is much better integrated in the overall look - but of course this is just my personal taste...

Edited by Kumbbl

3 hours ago, Kumbbl said:

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: outstanding - simply outstanding...

one remark to the H-symbol: the gray version of the H feels like the odd man out, especially the front one - the red version is much better integrated in the overall look - but of course this is just my personal taste...

Thanks! I tend to agree with you. The idea was to have the logos blend more, at least that was as I understood @agrofs suggestion, but the effect appears to be the opposite. I will revert to the red logo's.

2 hours ago, tomek9210 said:

Do you prefer 1:8 scale more than 1:10?

I do not have a real preference. I needed the Porsche wheels and wheel hubs to realize AWD with ackermann steering, so the choice to go large scale was quickly made. However, the exact scale is 1:9 in this particular build.

Update: I made some renders with open doors and open trunk, but in the process of doing that I noticed I had some cleanup to do in the area just underneath the spoiler. I updated the LXF-file behind the link I shared a few posts back.

960x540.jpg960x540.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

2 hours ago, tomek9210 said:

All black would make great batmobile :)

All black would be an option. I scanned quickly and believe all parts exist in black (maybe in this case DBG logo's would look better :wink:).

960x540.jpg960x540.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

The all black is amazing:wub: (you forgot - 2l axles, 3l pins and maybe 2l axle pins - which all exist in black :laugh:

Edited by LXF

Put some yellow accents on the hood, and it will be a fancy civil version of the Batman's Tumbler :laugh:

Black looks awesome, the best option in my opinion.

I would add one or two liftarms to the doors to make them more full.

36 minutes ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Can you add a yellow line accent to this black version at the bottom to see if you can make it a true successor of the 8880?

Agreed, that would look awesome.

Personally I like the black version better.

4 hours ago, proran said:

Put some yellow accents on the hood, and it will be a fancy civil version of the Batman's Tumbler :laugh:

I don't think I will, but it's a nice thought :wink:.

4 hours ago, tomek9210 said:

Black looks awesome, the best option in my opinion.

I would add one or two liftarms to the doors to make them more full.

Personally, I like the red curves in the red one better, but when others would build this it can be done in black. I'm not going to add the liftarm to the door. It is a concept car with minimal body and I promised some guys not to ruin that concept.

3 hours ago, LvdH said:

If you were to build it in black, you should use black 2L axles. I bet they would look a lot better.

I thought black 2L axles were quite rare, but it would certainly look better.

3 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Can you add a yellow line accent to this black version at the bottom to see if you can make it a true successor of the 8880?

2 hours ago, JJ2 said:

Agreed, that would look awesome.

Personally I like the black version better.

The resemblance is indeed stunning! I must admit I had a good look at 8880 when I started with the body, but I never realized it evolved into something that has so much in common with 8880. This was not intended, But now that it looks so much like 8880, I would like to take this opportunity to make this version my Technic 40th anniversary present to the LEGO community! The only thing I had to do to make these renders was some recoloring and dropping the panels in the site skirts. Click to enlarge.

960x450.jpg960x450.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

Ohh this is awesome,  I live the comparison between the two.  It's a very welcomed studless alternative 

I am going to go against the grain here and offer my 2 cents.  I like the red better than the black.  If the bodywork is beautiful, and indeed it is, why hid it with the same color as the chassis, tires, etc.  It is too difficult the curves, beginning and end, etc of the body from other aspects of the car.  I like the red version more.  :thumbup::thumbup:

27 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

I am going to go against the grain here and offer my 2 cents.  I like the red better than the black.  If the bodywork is beautiful, and indeed it is, why hid it with the same color as the chassis, tires, etc.  It is too difficult the curves, beginning and end, etc of the body from other aspects of the car.  I like the red version more.  :thumbup::thumbup:

I'll double that. Black version looks too plain. All the beautiful lines are gone. Although, I should admit, I like the idea of the tribute to 8880. But that can be a MOD. My vote goes for the red one.