Miro78

[MOC] Winter Red Fox Hunt sculpture

I have posted this in the Town Snow contest thread, but I feel like it deserves it's own thread as well.

This is first of many wildlife sculptures I am working on, for an ultimate purpose, a coffee table book.

I have also created a Flickr group named Bricks of Wildlife for curating Lego creations of wildlife from the Lego community. Feel free to join, browse and add your wildlife Lego creations. I hope for it to be a great resource and an inspiration. https://www.flickr.com/groups/bricksofwildlife/

30899226015_bf57e9eef5_z.jpgWinter Fox Hunt by Miro Dudas, on Flickr

Miro

This is very beautiful, :thumbup:

What did you use for the downward triangles on the fox, I don't recognize the pieces.

50 minutes ago, Graham Gidman said:

This is magnificent.

Thank you.

36 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

This is very beautiful, :thumbup:

What did you use for the downward triangles on the fox, I don't recognize the pieces.

Thank you. It's part 15070 (1x1 plate, modified with tooth vertical, as described on Bricklink)

That is a very realistic fox, Miro!

The posing and parts usage is perfect!  I like the texturing of the fur.  The snow and weeds make a great backdrop to the fox.  The positioning of the fox make it look so much like it is searching for some critter that has disappeared into the hole in the snow.

I am definitely looking forward to more wildlife builds from you!  The other builds on the flickr wildlife group are interesting as well, but I tend to prefer builds that do not just use bricks as pixels (in the style that LEGO uses for models for LEGOLand and the such-like).  The style you used makes a more complex design and a much more realistic appearance!

13 hours ago, Slegengr said:

That is a very realistic fox, Miro!

The posing and parts usage is perfect!  I like the texturing of the fur.  The snow and weeds make a great backdrop to the fox.  The positioning of the fox make it look so much like it is searching for some critter that has disappeared into the hole in the snow.

I am definitely looking forward to more wildlife builds from you!  The other builds on the flickr wildlife group are interesting as well, but I tend to prefer builds that do not just use bricks as pixels (in the style that LEGO uses for models for LEGOLand and the such-like).  The style you used makes a more complex design and a much more realistic appearance!

Thank you. You have interpreted it exactly as I intended for viewers to do. I'll be building a whole series of woodland wildlife (mammals from North America), so stay tuned for the next one in not too long.

13 hours ago, carebear said:

It's like a Painting

the Colours, the Pose ( the drama )

Great Great Work!!!

Greetings

Thank you. I guess I didn't think of it that way, but it makes sense. I must be channeling my inner artist in me. I do enjoy other forms of art, like drawing, but I still have much to learn.

13 hours ago, The Architect said:

Brilliant! 

Glad you like it.

On 13-11-2016 at 0:54 AM, Miro78 said:

One more woodland animal sculpture to join the fox. It's another mammal from the canidae family, a wolf calling out to others.

Miro

30641019630_33c53404d0_z.jpgCall of the Wild by Miro Dudas, on Flickr

WOW, Again I feel the drama, Great Great Work!!!

Greetings

On 11/12/2016 at 4:36 PM, kjm161 said:

These are beautiful and truly capture the animal with very natural poses. Very impressive!

On 11/12/2016 at 4:51 PM, Littleworlds said:

They are supercute and just perfect little vignettes! :classic: :thumbup: 

On 11/16/2016 at 7:47 AM, carebear said:

WOW, Again I feel the drama, Great Great Work!!!

Greetings

Thank you for enjoying this series. Here is one more, a raccoon with a pinecone.

30956168552_5b0fc63df4_z.jpgRaccoon by Miro Dudas, on Flickr

Miro

6 hours ago, Miro78 said:

Thank you for enjoying this series. Here is one more, a raccoon with a pinecone.

30956168552_5b0fc63df4_z.jpgRaccoon by Miro Dudas, on Flickr

Miro

This one is great, the Raccoon it self is beautiful but the tree is in my upinion a little bit off ( i Like the branches but the tree-log looks to me more like a rock than a tree )

I hope to see more from you ( I realy like and admire the way you capture emotion )

Greetings

8 hours ago, carebear said:

This one is great, the Raccoon it self is beautiful but the tree is in my upinion a little bit off ( i Like the branches but the tree-log looks to me more like a rock than a tree )

I hope to see more from you ( I realy like and admire the way you capture emotion )

Greetings

Thank you. I agree with you. I ran out of dark brown bricks, and I wanted to add some context/story to the scene. It will be fixed soon. It bothers me quite a bit too.

Miro

13 minutes ago, Miro78 said:

Thank you. I agree with you. I ran out of dark brown bricks, and I wanted to add some context/story to the scene. It will be fixed soon. It bothers me quite a bit too.

Miro

I'd like to see when you fixed it ( love what you do!!! )

Greetings

On 11/18/2016 at 10:28 PM, carebear said:

Greetings

Have not had a chance to fix the raccoon, but I did build a little fox pup instead.

30520920994_5121b10646_z.jpgHunting Lesson by Miro Dudas, on Flickr

Miro

Edited by Miro78

6 hours ago, Miro78 said:

Have not had a chance to fix the raccoon, but I did build a little fox pup instead.

30520920994_5121b10646_z.jpgHunting Lesson by Miro Dudas, on Flickr

Miro

WOW!!! it looks great!!!

- I have treid to build something like this, but i find it to difficult

I love it!!!

Greetings