Raskolnikov

Build Your Own Plus Size AT-AT

love the look of this AT-AT I think I will be doing this in the new year what with my UCS Falcon on the way

and a UCS Sandcrawler sat waiting for me for Christmas

but contemplating doing it in Black for my death troopers

Edited by roadstermatt

@H_Solo That's a good looking mod to the feet. A lot of people have suggested modding them, but I think this may be the first time I've seen it done.

I've thought about doing something similar, i.e., inserting one brick in between the macaroni bricks and using an 8x8 dish, but the price of those 8x8 lbg dishes is fairly annoying. Also, I'd want to increase the size of the ankles above them somehow, and that presents its own issues. Anyway, thanks for sharing!

@Kozikyo86 Good luck on your gorilla walker, looks like a decent start to me.

On 9/17/2017 at 10:12 AM, roadstermatt said:

contemplating doing it in Black for my death troopers

Sounds interesting, any precedent for that in the universe?

3 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

Sounds interesting, any precedent for that in the universe?

none other than it might look cool in a sinister way 

plus they were on the game star wars comander

hqdefault.jpg

1 hour ago, Kozikyo86 said:

First look on my PlusSize head of AT-M6 :classic: any comments, advises? :classic:

Looks great, I like it a lot!

And yes, create a new topic with AT-M6 please!

Edited by bricksmarlin

On September 20, 2017 at 10:59 AM, dulsi said:

There is the Shadow AT-AT as well.

This right here is why legends was getting out of hand :tongue: Simultaneously awesome but ridiculous. It makes sense from a tactical POV and yet just seems so cartoonish.  

11 hours ago, Forresto said:

This right here is why legends was getting out of hand :tongue: Simultaneously awesome but ridiculous. It makes sense from a tactical POV and yet just seems so cartoonish.  

Do you think the new continuity will have only good designs? One could say they already did cartoonish by making a black X-wing or a planet sized Death Star. I like both Legends and new material. I was listening to the Star Wars radio drama. It tells a different story of how Leia got the plans than Rogue One. Both are well done. I personally wouldn't make a black AT-AT but more power to the people who want to.

14 hours ago, Kozikyo86 said:

I created a new topic, check on main page :classic: my gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsm97P5CD

I could be sworn you had a post on EB as well. I did find your flickr page but do enjoy reading your updates alongside, is the project done?

Time to get this project going again. Just placed an order for much of what I still need (I was at 64%). Hopefully I can get everything gathered in the next few weeks and then get building. :classic:

This MOC looks fantastic.  Similar to my question in the Mortesv CR-90 thread, I currently have both the 74054 and the 4483 official AT-AT walkers, both unbuilt.  I plan on building the Cavegod AT-AT someday and would like to build one or two smaller ones in the meantime.  Should I sell the official ones and build this one (if I want the best)?  Are any of the official ones worth keeping if I do build this model and plan on the Cavegod version someday?

3 minutes ago, saxman717 said:

This MOC looks fantastic.  Similar to my question in the Mortesv CR-90 thread, I currently have both the 74054 and the 4483 official AT-AT walkers, both unbuilt.  I plan on building the Cavegod AT-AT someday and would like to build one or two smaller ones in the meantime.  Should I sell the official ones and build this one (if I want the best)?  Are any of the official ones worth keeping if I do build this model and plan on the Cavegod version someday?

Raskolnikov essentially took the last version of the AT-AT to come out and significantly expanded upon it. I believe all the pieces from that set are used in this MOC. 

Now he also added a lot of his own brilliant techniques to the mix then just the original build because it's suped up.

1 minute ago, Forresto said:

Raskolnikov essentially took the last version of the AT-AT to come out and significantly expanded upon it. I believe all the pieces from that set are used in this MOC. 

Now he also added a lot of his own brilliant techniques to the mix then just the original build because it's suped up.

Great --- so would it be worth it to keep the 75054 (that is the one that Raskolnikov built upon, right?) for the parts and sell the 4483?

Just now, saxman717 said:

Great --- so would it be worth it to keep the 75054 (that is the one that Raskolnikov built upon, right?) for the parts and sell the 4483?

I would wait to hear from @Raskolnikov before you get rid of anything but if you have the latest one for sure keep that. 

When I was buying from scratch it seemed some of the pricier parts came from the prior AT-AT released.

@saxman717 I would definitely keep 75054 for its parts. I built my 75054 before tearing it down and using the parts for the plus-sized AT-AT.

You can go to rebrickable and compare the part lists of the 75054 and the plus-sized AT-AT and there are quite a bit that you can re-use for the plus-sized AT-AT. 

Happy bricking! :)

13 hours ago, Azrielsc said:

You can go to rebrickable and compare the part lists of the 75054 and the plus-sized AT-AT and there are quite a bit that you can re-use for the plus-sized AT-AT. 

Yeah, I'd definitely recommend this, it's very useful.

Without checking rebrickable myself, my guess is that it makes sense to scrap 75054 if it's open/used and you plan to make use of the minifigs. If a 75054 is sealed, you can probably sell it for a hefty markup on ebay and pay for the whole plus size AT-AT at once. Prices be crazy.

Is there any special feature to compare the parts list in Rebrickable? Or you mean to put one tab with the 75054 part list and another tab with the Raskolnikov's part list?

7 minutes ago, vded said:

Is there any special feature to compare the parts list in Rebrickable? Or you mean to put one tab with the 75054 part list and another tab with the Raskolnikov's part list?

There is a compare function in the menu.

I did the comparison for you and copied the link:

https://rebrickable.com/sets/compare/slow/?1-set=MOC-6006&1-inv=13198&1-user_list=&2-set=75054-1&2-inv=13311&2-user_list=

On 30/3/2018 at 10:07 AM, Azrielsc said:

On 30/3/2018 at 10:09 AM, Theo van Vroenhoven said:

There is a compare function in the menu.

I did the comparison for you and copied the link:

https://rebrickable.com/sets/compare/slow/?1-set=MOC-6006&1-inv=13198&1-user_list=&2-set=75054-1&2-inv=13311&2-user_list=

Oh, that's great!! Thanks guys for your answers. Found thins compare function in Rebrickable, it's very helpful. Much appreciated. :)