Sign in to follow this  
captaintau

Flick-Fire missiles

As the title says:

Am I the only person that thinks Flick-Fire missiles are dumb?

I'm all for anything that adds an element of play to a set. That includes parts that can be manually removed and used as projectile weapons. But Flick-Fire? Really? |-/

Do you find that most of the time, the flick moves the model so that the missile won't go anywhere near the target anyway?

I don't want to sound stupid, but I don't even know how they work! :-$

Could somebody explain? Thanks.

Well I don't have any but if LEGO feels they must have missiles in the sets, then I think the flickfire ones are better then the big bulcy ones.

Dr. Brick

Edited by Dr. Brick

As the title says:

Am I the only person that thinks Flick-Fire missiles are dumb?

Nope.

Steve

Well I don't have any but if LEGO feels they must have missiles in the sets, then I think the flickfire ones are better then the big bulcy ones.

Dr. Brick

There technic peices that you put a triangle brick on and you slip into a technic brick and flick it with your finger. There supposed to fire, but I don't think they work very good.

Edited by Indy565

You flick (hit them with a finger after using your thumb to resist, thus building up energy to spring forward) them from behind to make them fire

Hence "Flick-Fire"

Dr. Brick

don't worry...i don't either. haven't gotten a set with it yet so i don't know how it works.

i don't think it is silly though. flick stick is better than mega large spring loaded "cannon-magik-thingy," zamo spheres or flying squids. those are super silly. flick stick...not so much. :-P

I don't like them. I do like the fact that they are new pieces, not an axle, even though I could just make a million of em' with pins and lightsaber blades.

They should be called 'push-fire' missles. Why flick? ;-)

Are you talking about the flick fire that are in the Imperial Star Destoyer? (those are the only ones i know about) Ifso,i think those are preety cool.

Well, I guess you need a specific amount of play value in each set, and missiles make for great play value. But I assume the spring loaded missiles are too bulky and expensive for some sets, so flick fire missiles are a handy replacement. :-/ Just a guess. X-D

~Peace

Are you talking about the flick fire that are in the Imperial Star Destoyer? (those are the only ones i know about) Ifso,i think those are preety cool.

Those in the ISD arn't strictly-speaking Flick-Fire though they may have been marketed as such. For those, you hit a button to cause the launch. Those that I'm talking about are in the Batman Dragster and the TIE Crawler, just as examples. There will be plenty more.

I, myself, also hate the bulky spring loaded blunt shooter cannons. I have over 30 of them, and now it seems like every single set above 20 dollars has one. :-| (ok.. abit of exagerration.. but sheesh!)

Every single set I bought for christmas had some kind of spring loaded function in it.

I hate flickfires, but hate the spring shooters more. I would rather have flickfires, which are easily removable, than thos massive, heavily intergrated cannons |-/

Batbrick is Back! >:-)

I hate flickfires, but hate the spring shooters more. I would rather have flickfires, which are easily removable, than thos massive, heavily intergrated cannons |-/

Batbrick is Back! >:-)

X-O i love the springies! they fire hard and are good for smashing through endless troops, and they shoot accurately!

jifel

X-O i love the springies! they fire hard and are good for smashing through endless troops, and they shoot accurately!

jifel

I hate them! :-( I would never integrate one into my moc's, they are too big, and I have dozens of them. Id rather prefer using my imagination for battles :-D

I can understand, however, why lego puts them into their sets, so I cant complain all that much, and theyre easy enough to remove from any creation. They're usually pretty slapped on.