WiredIT

[MOC] Game of Thrones - The Iron Throne Room

15 minutes ago, Jayoheazy said:

Are these all custom made mini figs? Who is the guy in the middle?

Looks great!

Yep, all custom minifigures. The guy in the middle would be King Robert Baratheon

I'm too much of a purist I think. The overall throne room works well, but too many non-LEGO pieces for my taste. It's more fun for me to create things only using LEGO to see what I can come up with.

I'd also love to see purist GoT figures, but I know how difficult that is. Did you make or purchase these custom figures? (also, they do make a Sean Bean figure head considering he was Boromir).

1 hour ago, TheLegoDr said:

I'm too much of a purist I think. The overall throne room works well, but too many non-LEGO pieces for my taste. It's more fun for me to create things only using LEGO to see what I can come up with.

I'd also love to see purist GoT figures, but I know how difficult that is. Did you make or purchase these custom figures? (also, they do make a Sean Bean figure head considering he was Boromir).

I sent the minifigure parts to someone else to print (I don't have a pad printer) but I did create the designs. 

This is excellent.  You did a great job of capturing the setting.  Also the customs are well done.

Good looking throne room. Perhaps even better if you could make the black iron bars above the throne out of LEGO.

But still well done. :)

Excellent!!!! I, too, would like to see the whole thing built sorely out of LEGO but this is as close to perfection as it can get! Also if i hadn't read the comments i wouldn't have thought these minifigs aren't "pure" (from LoTR line tbh). I believe their designs are so close to LEGO prints. In any case sir, you made my day!

First off I'm gonna tell you that this looks great. The figures really are very well done. Next, I'm gonna jump on the purism bandwagon for a moment. If you're familiar with me and my work, you'll understand the significance of this move and hopefully respect my criticisms hereafter in that light.  

There is a time to give up on purism and introduce other elements in order to take the system to places it wasn't intended to go in ways it was never meant to go. When the center point of a creation, however, isn't Lego, it seems to fail to be a Lego MOC. I know myself, and I imagine many others, clicked on the link hoping to see what, and be impressed by, the method you used to construct the seven pointed star only to find it a completely custom or otherwise non-Lego element. I have to say it was disappointing. It looks great, and if it is custom you did a fine job, don't get me wrong.  

By contrast, whatever those swords hanging horizontal one the wall are, I think, really add something positive to the display. The effort put forth on the throne itself shows. 

The lion/Lannister banners really don't bother me, clearly they are well made customs, but perhaps it would have been more Lego-y (?) to use something like this: 

Over all I think it’s a neat scene, and don't begrudge you for sharing it. Perhaps I just felt like climbing on my soapbox and playing at "the voice of reason". Don't let a curmudgeon like me ruin your spirit. Keep bricking and customizing! Thanks for sharing.

Those are some nice custom pieces.... Man... really lovely banners and swords there.