That is also a good choice. Perhaps London bus tires would be cool for front and 43.2  x 22 for rear (as an alternative to have tires with more street-like pattern :wink:)

Positive on smaller mocs is that they are lighter and more playable :thumbup:

Yes, those tires from London Bus would look better, but on BrickLink there are just 3 sellers, all from USA. Maybe later ... first I have to build up to some kind of beta version with full body.

6 minutes ago, Jurss said:

Yes, those tires from London Bus would look better, but on BrickLink there are just 3 sellers, all from USA. Maybe later ... first I have to build up to some kind of beta version with full body.

I know that. I as planing to use them on my telehaldler "project" but to pay shipment from U.S.A. more than tires; I'll wait when they will be available i some smaller set...perhaps in Technic, who knows...

I had made allready front and rear axles with independent suspension (for rear soemthing like that), but then I disassambled them (just was in that mood, for some month it was laying on the table). Yeasturday (after some two weeks) I decided, that they take too much space (maybe not a problem for front), and I won't return to them (at least for now), and started to build again from start. 

Now I use my front axle with almost ideal pivot point, and just fixed axle with differential for rear. Got so far

800x339.jpg

Not shure for rear part, because they dont fit together.

Front parts looks like R5, not bad at all at this small scale :thumbup:

As you once said - first I have to make some beta version of bodywork; about bodywork IMHO it looks like roof is to high or tires are to small. Perhaps you have to make "bluprint" in desired scale to see which part is not properly build...at least I'm doing that way. Hope I was helpful

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

about bodywork IMHO it looks like roof is to high or tires are to small.

With Sariel scaler total height is 12.5 to these tire size. Now the height is 13. Maybe it's perspective problem, because from side it looks ok.

I need to move B-pillar more to front, and also rebuild C-pillar. Of course, it would be nice to rebuild "front window" also, so it is like rounded.

Just now, Jurss said:

With Sariel scaler total height is 12.5 to these tire size. Now the height is 13. Maybe it's perspective problem, because from side it looks ok.

I need to move B-pillar more to front, and also rebuild C-pillar. Of course, it would be nice to rebuild "front window" also, so it is like rounded.

Perspective could give us wrong impression indeed...and distribution of crucial parts could give us the same misunderstanding 

I agree with Igor, it looks a bit too tall. But if you say it looks good sideways, then it must be a perspective problem. And I love the rear, instantly recognisable!

10 minutes ago, jotta93 said:

I agree with Igor, it looks a bit too tall. But if you say it looks good sideways, then it must be a perspective problem. And I love the rear, instantly recognisable!

Both front and rear are typical R5, but I see that you also notice the "roof problem". At such small scale even 1/2 stud can make difference...but it is nice effort and specialy suspension is very good :thumbup:

4 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Both front and rear are typical R5, but I see that you also notice the "roof problem". At such small scale even 1/2 stud can make difference...but it is nice effort and specialy suspension is very good :thumbup:

Yes, the front is really good as well but I just love the rear view. But with such major renovations, let's wait and see what Jurss has done :wink:

10 hours ago, I_Igor said:

and specialy suspension is very good

In this model there is no suspension, at least, at the moment. Front suspension could be installed pretty easy, but, if I put that thing in the back, then there won't be place for any kind of engine.

5 hours ago, jotta93 said:

But with such major renovations, l

Maybe I'll try to put some half stud beam on doors, but 6l black ones are still in box of 42056, because I promised to my self to open it only on Christmas. Maybe I'll rebuild doors, because they are too flat now, maybe I'll add more system bricks to the car because of this (at the moment this is allready my MOC with most of the system bricks).

Yes, maybe it would look beeter, if the roof was by some half stud lower, but it would be really challenging. I will consider also this option.

But I still have a lot of the work inside - steering wheel and HOG steering, some kind of engine, maybe some roll cage, but there is not so much space anymore left, to make something nice (it seems so)

I still want to keep as Technic model, not make as model team.

21 minutes ago, Jurss said:

In this model there is no suspension, at least, at the moment. Front suspension could be installed pretty easy, but, if I put that thing in the back, then there won't be place for any kind of engine.

I thought that this was for R5

That would be too wide, only If I would keep the first scale/size, also hubs are not for these wheels.

For this scale I already had mad some other, with 3L swingarms and floating differential (I even didn't made picture), but, as I wrote, then there wont be space for some engine. Maybe It would be even hard to make correct back slope.

2 minutes ago, Jurss said:

That would be too wide, only If I would keep the first scale/size, also hubs are not for these wheels.

For this scale I already had mad some other, with 3L swingarms and floating differential (I even didn't made picture), but, as I wrote, then there wont be space for some engine. Maybe It would be even hard to make correct back slope.

Perhaps shocks and frame should go backwards to fit the engine in the middle (on engine's last cylinder will be between seats) :wink:

On 10/1/2017 at 7:11 PM, I_Igor said:

Perhaps London bus tires would be cool for front

Ordered today :blush: with lot of other things

On 12/11/2017 at 9:51 AM, I_Igor said:

Perhaps shocks and frame should go backwards to fit the engine in the middle

Could try to put some kind of semidependent

like this

6fd62cbd17cb1f79ddff73fff6543505.jpg

but with some kind of floating differential

33 minutes ago, Jurss said:

Ordered today :blush: with lot of other things

Could try to put some kind of semidependent

like this

but with some kind of floating differential

That could work

Made main structure for HOG steering. Rebuilt seat fastenings, also filled middle part of floor. 

800x521.jpg

Had a good progress:

• HOG steering finished
  • engine compartment finished (at least v1)
  • C pillars rebuilt (some 3rd version)
  • B pillars moved one stud forward, now seems better
  • some changes to front "wings"
  • small changes to roof front sides 

800x632.jpg

to do

• dashboard
  • maybe A pillars
  • front hood/bonnet
  • 800x550.jpg