Building up some rally car, its street (homologation) version

Should be looking like this at the end

640x426.jpg

Now it is like this

800x406.jpg

Still don't know what to do with rear wheels. Maybe there will be those from 42039-1: 24 Hours Race Car with some custom wheel covers, so that tyres look fatter. Some tumbler tyres would be nice, but then there's no match for the front.

Some kind of version 1.0 in the post (beginning of page 3)

800x423.jpg

Edited by Jurss

Looks promising - this is a real beast :) for those who are not familiar this small car had 1,4 liter Turbo Charged R4 engine with up to 350HP and only RWD :) now this is what I call DownSize :) :) 

3 hours ago, AOW said:

Looks promising - this is a real beast :) for those who are not familiar this small car had 1,4 liter Turbo Charged R4 engine with up to 350HP and only RWD :) now this is what I call DownSize :) :) 

Street version has "only" 160HP. Those 350HP was almost for one rally only. You can get also form one liter engine some 1000HP, but for how long it will last?

Be interested to see the final version, just need to make one point before you get further, the R5 Turbo had a mid mounted engine (roughly where the rear seat where in a normal R5) driving the rear wheels with the gearbox right at the rear of the car.

And this beast was AFAIK the car with the most deadly accidents...

Edited by Pat-Ard

16 hours ago, LucyCol said:

the R5 Turbo had a mid mounted engine

As You can see, it is almost there. 

I'm afraid, that with this will be like with x-bow, there will be some disassembling and rebuilding ...

Worked some hour on car yeasturday, added only some 5 parts ...

This car was my dream car when I was a kid. Nice to see someone building it and I'm looking forward to seeing the end result. Good luck!

17 hours ago, Jurss said:

As You can see, it is almost there. 

I'm afraid, that with this will be like with x-bow, there will be some disassembling and rebuilding ...

Worked some hour on car yeasturday, added only some 5 parts ...

Maybe try to make it modular, so if you need to rebuild something, it's not going to affect the whole model. Just a suggestion because I did see you had that problem with the x-bow.

awesome! rally cars are some of my favorite vehicles, can't wait to see what you make! will it be rc?

6 hours ago, Buddy010702 said:

Maybe try to make it modular,

At this moment I'm thinking about separate chassis and body, so they are some kind of modular. Not further.

With x-bow was different problem - the starting size was not right.

800x344.jpg

Will need bigger additional lights. At least d=3 studs. 2 seems too small for this scale.

Dont know what to use as main headlights ...

@Jurss perhaps it would be best to use silver champions wheel/tire combo at rear and 42039 (with custom chromed wheel) at the front, so transparent dish 4 x 4 would be good for fog light.

Of course I do not know your financial possibilities for chromed parts; it is just suggestion 

That would be different size (maybe too much), and chrome is not a must for this. In fact silver champion tyres/rim seems pretty expensive thing, but hey seems the same size as for 42000, which I have allready, and I have also 42039 tyres. They are almost the same width, but I need different widths.

I'm considering theses at the moment.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=56904c01#T=C

and

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=56145c01#T=C

that would be much smaller car, maybe even easasier to build (i like smaller creations). Good thing is, that I have them allready

11 hours ago, I_Igor said:

I do not know your financial possibilities

I just bought 42056, and it is not so much about financial capabilites, I'ts not so also that I could say, that it was cheap for me, but it's more about wife acceptance factor :classic:

Yes indeed silver champion wheels are expensive. Tires (from silver champion) are some 44 mm wide, so they are wider. Question is if they are not wide enough or are to wide... To make proper model, scale is usual 1:8 when we write about cars...but you will know certanly what is the best :wink:

My goal is not to make something in some standard scale, but to make it proportional. I use Sariels scaler, but I don't think about some specific scale. I just know after that how long beams to use :)

35 minutes ago, Jurss said:

My goal is not to make something in some standard scale, but to make it proportional. I use Sariels scaler, but I don't think about some specific scale. I just know after that how long beams to use :)

That could end up as good phylosophy :thumbup:

I personaly decide to make all my models (except cars) in same scale because (from now on) I'll keep them assembled, but every builder has a freedom of choice :wink: