Good Day !

Finally got to dissasemble my 8649 and wanted to use all the beautiful lime parts for something. While searching for inspiration, I found this video about how canopies could save lives in F1 racing. After that the decision was done , I must make an open-wheel racer with canopy.

Horrible driving because for not overloading the receiver I connected an m-motor with worm drive to a 9v switch , which controls the Buggy Motor (what else can be used in a race car:tongue:) . The system works well apart from the fact that braking is very difficult due to slow feedback. I definetly will get a 3rd party bluetooth receiver soon, because I love using the buggy motor in my mocs.

In the exterior design part , a book about F1 came very handy. I fell in love with the old panels while building this car, they are so cool :wub:

For the power source, I used a 2000mah 9v battery with my custom adapter. 

As for the functions , I got :

• Working steering wheel
  • Openable canopy
  • Working front lights

Sorry for bad quality photos , my "studio" is too small for this car and the ones that I took outside were really bad.

30794352305_1a53673259_z.jpgFormula Future racer by Alaxaf, on Flickr

30794352235_d414113951_z.jpgFormula Future racer by Alaxaf, on Flickr

30757650916_91f03288ea_z.jpgFormula Future racer by Alaxaf, on Flickr

30158810383_faecce2f3a_z.jpgFormula Future racer by Alaxaf, on Flickr

30794310755_27e586f2d2_z.jpgFormula Future racer by Alaxaf, on Flickr

30162622404_cf9bbe776f_z.jpgFormula Future racer by Alaxaf, on Flickr

30794551155_59cf3aed59_z.jpgFormula Future racer by Alaxaf, on Flickr

30162855904_94a609bd46_z.jpgFormula Future racer by Alaxaf, on Flickr

Any feedback is appreciated; again, sorry for the crappy photos.

Edited by LXF
Added video

Very futuristic design,  well aside from the suspension which is very 70s of f1, that really is quite the colour to be working with too!  Oh how I need to get my hands on one of those buggy motors,  or two haha.  How do you like using the 9v battery adapter?  Does it last long and power the motors properly? 

2 hours ago, DugaldIC said:

Very futuristic design,  well aside from the suspension which is very 70s of f1, that really is quite the colour to be working with too!  Oh how I need to get my hands on one of those buggy motors,  or two haha.  How do you like using the 9v battery adapter?  Does it last long and power the motors properly? 

Thanks! The adapter works perfectly , the weak part is the receiver, the buggy motor overloads it. 

So if you use an s brick would it be better?  I'm curious about the buwizz that's coming out,  seems like a good idea to me