Sign in to follow this  
de Gothia

HSS Military Barracks of Sionnach

de Gothia was pleased when he saw the new barracks in the city of Sionnach. He was greeted by General Mathghamhain, an old man who had served de Gothia for a long time. He was responsible for the barracks and all the soldiers in Sionnach. 

30789152325_4783723927.jpg

30488048080_7f63b84016.jpg

30672205582_b338d0a73f.jpg

30752442066_715c3390e7.jpg

30700633101_fede34e182.jpg

30752445096_029a053025.jpg

30157385554_53385b29c2.jpg

30700635371_3b62c4b93f.jpg

C&C as always welcome!

Tried to do some interior as SK!  :classic:

Wall dragon design fron LD

Edited by de Gothia

Lovely set of interiors, the numerous arches really work marvelously here :wub: It's great to see LD's dragon design used again too!

Some of my favorite details: the wedge bricks used around the fireplace, stuffed bear trophy, and t-bar used for the tap on the barrel :thumbup:

Very nice! That black dragon is a nice touch, and so is the smoke from the chimney, the interiors look well though out, I especially like the underground part.:thumbup:

Looks great, DG! Glad to see you back with a build. The dragon on the side is fantastic! I love all of the different levels and all of the activity that you have depicted here, from the rat-infested dungeons up to the bat-infested rafters, and everywhere in between.

There are two minor areas where I think the build could be improved, though. The first is the street; since everywhere else you have taken extreme care in tiling it so nicely, I was a bit disappointed to see how bare and almost incomplete the street texture looked. More 1x1 round plates or tiles, different tans and browns and greys mixed in there, would improve it tremendously, I think. The second is the chimney; this is more of just a practical thought, rather than quality critique, but it just seems like it should have bigger or at least more openings at the top given the number of fireplaces using it down below. The two 1x1 rounds just seem inadequate to handle the venting of such a large building.

That being said, it is impressively large and exquisitely detailed. SK himself would be proud, I think, of the various floors and the care that you took in crafting the interior. Well done!

[edit: I see that SK replied while I was typing this up, and he is proud...]

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

Waw! This is great! Tough I have to agree with HQ on the street, the rest is amazing. So many lovely details... :wub: If I had to pick my favoured, I would say that the roof-supports are top-notch, and with that the whole wooden floor! The collumns on the outside of the first floor are great as well, and LD's dragon is sooo gorgeous, we should obligate every Avalonian to use it :wink: SK is rightly proud

Too many details!!!! :tongue: The amount of little things you have fit in this moc is astounding. The only things I would change slightly is the street texture as Henjin said, and give the stone walls some more texture. I thinks all it needs is maybe some 1x1 studs like I did in brofendurs kitchen. Apart frome those tiny nit picks this is a amazing moc. Can't wait for that winter castle :laugh:

Wow, that's a lot of arches :grin: Put to fantastic use though, a very solid looking build full of great details! As much as the exterior looks very nice, the interior definitely steals the show :wub:

Spectacular build. I love the use of the many arches, along with the way you mixed the wooden and stone sections. Your interiors are also really great. 

It's always great to see another build from you dG, and this one sure doesn't disappoint!  I really like this way of doing interiors - only wish we got more pictures!  The dragon design out front looks excellent, and this build has a great atmosphere - seems like a barracks that wouldn't really be such a bad place to live in!

The arches look attractive and the interior is well detailed.
I like the world building that is always present on your mocs and your proper depictions of DG retinue, allies and general characters that populate your realm.
Thanks for sharing. :sweet:

lovely build! really neat with a lot of activity and awesome details. speaking of which, I love the guy taking a bath! lol xD

Awesome build dG! I love the multilayered approach, its always fun to browse through all the different scenes!

Wow, that's a lot of interior rooms, dG! :laugh:  Very nice barracks here, the choice of gold for the lattices over the front was excellent, and the dungeons, kitchen, and sleeping quarters up top are some great details, just to name a few!  The wood and rafters up top, really, are probably my favorite part of this build.  Excellent job! :thumbup:

Nice big interior, lots of details to like here :classic:

One thing I like is how you've used the arches to create the impression of vaulted ceilings. Often people build cross-sections of interiors without considering how thick a medieval ceiling has to be to support the next level...

Excellent barracks, DG!

There are more details than can be fully appreciated in mere pictures, though the different views give so much to see!  I also like the vaulted ceiling technique with the arches as support for the levels above.  I agree with Henjin that the street could use a little more texturing.  The external arches over windows and doors and the shields set into the wall make for a very appealing facade.  The size and level of detail of this MOC is amazing!

Thanks! Prestty happy with the outcome of this! 

The road outside was a hard choice. Didn´t want to go all detailed in the road but perhaps it looks a little empty...

Great looking build dG! Love all those rooms, I could easily get lost inside those barracks. The woodwork really stands out here. Love the liveliness, and that dragon emblem on the exterior. Good to see you back, and just in time for Ch. V!

I love the cleanness of this build, with all those arches used in the interior, and minimal amount of texturing :thumbup: The way you stuck the 2x2 pillars into the wall so they only stick out one stud looks great, and the shields provide some nice decoration. Superb details inside as well, one of my favorites being the use of wedge bricks for the fireplace :classic: