Sign in to follow this  
Lord Valgor

Queen Anne's Revenge Sterncastle Modifications

Hey guys,

I finished my QAR (4195) Mods and added specific descriptions to each of the photos. I didn't change much on the whole of the ship (unlike my mods for the 10210 IF, which you can see Here if you like). However, I did make some fairly extensive mods to the sterncastle while trying my best to keep the look and feel of the ship the same. Also I would like to make a disclosure:

My mods to the QAR (and just about any mods I make to sets) are not designed to be the best or to rival any of your guy's MOC level designs (they never could! :P). I instead try to focus on the spirit of the set itself. I like to add elements that enhance the play factor, embellishments, overall asthetic, or (if I am feeling bold) include what the set was "supposed" to entail. I say this not to as any sort of insult, but simply because I sometimes see relatively simple additions that seem to make the set feel much more "alive".

Now that that's out of the way, here's what I modded/ added :P

• Widened the captain's cabin by 4 studs.
  • Added a wall and door to enclose the captain's cabin.
  • Added a bed to the captain's cabin.
  • Added a desk and the shelf from 4191 to the captain's cabin.
  • Added ladders to the cabin door "deck" and another bone ladder to the poop deck.
  • Added stern chase cannons (optional).
  • Other miscellaneous embellishments.

Anyways, let me know what you think!

PS- I wasn't smart enough to figure out how to add the photos here in the thread, but I might be able to be convinced to try it again :P.

Edited by Lord Valgor

The topic title said "Stern Castle Mods" and I was expecting it to be about ZCerberus or Ecclesiastes or another Castle Moderator.

8 hours ago, Actor Builder said:

The topic title said "Stern Castle Mods" and I was expecting it to be about ZCerberus or Ecclesiastes or another Castle Moderator.

I edited you title to make it more clear :P. Also changed "Stern castle" to "sterncastle" to be correct. I thought Google spell check was supposed to know these things lol. 

You made a great improvement. Queen Anne's Reevenge impresses very much. I wonder what kind of ship there'll be in Pirates of the Caribbien in 2017.  Jack has Black Beard's fleet in his boats - if it didn't  seem to him when he finished his rum.