CopMike

EB Xmas Raffle 2016 - Your ideal Snow entry thread

HI

this is my daughter´s entry for this year

Her description for the MOC

"A competition of snow sculptures 

the kids made a big building and the stormtroopers made a little snowman and they were surprised when they saw the kids´ building"

Thank you CopMIke, for this raffle. It is always funny and great to see this forum celebrating the christianity

merry christmas for all of you folks

IMG_0956.JPG

Thanks to CopMike for running this again this year :thumbup: 

My feeble attempt.... I was intending to do a nice little Christmas Wampa cave, but LDD only seem to have the arms for them! :laugh:

snowy.jpg

Just a quick build for this, living where I do I haven't seen snow in a while, so for me the most exciting part is probably realising it's actually snowing :grin:

31141375401_52ac6a52ab.jpg

So many fantastic builds this year, and thanks again CopMike!

I wanted to make an epic Antarctic vista in microscale, based on a scene from The Thing (1982). However, my son had other ideas. Instead we have a scene from the little known sequel: Albino Kong Vs The Thing (1985)...

31255667265_865140676c_z.jpg

Thanks to CopMike for hosting this again.

Thank you for continuing this tradition, CopMike. This year I will give my contribution for the first time.

At first it was hard to find an idea building on the theme "snow". Then I remembered my wife's first ride in a sleigh. She grew up in a tropic country, so she never had the chance to play in the snow, nor having a ride in a sleigh. After moving to Denmark, we had a winter with snow, so what else could I do than buying a sleigh? Then we had some hours of fun in the snow :grin: This memory gave the idea to my contribution in the Xmas Raffle 2016.

30889855340_0cc7448ec6_b.jpgEB_Xmas_Raffle_2016 by lakabricks, on Flickr

Good that I see this thread today, I wonder how I missed it since its creation... Thanks for doing it, I hope to win something nice like last year :)

Anyway here is a quick MOC, remembering when a Swedish friend published a photo of his car after people from Continental Europe were complaining having a little snow

3oZOllP.jpg

Snow then I think of childhood and sledging so my contribution is a sledge :classic:

Thanks to CopMike again for the great work with this great annual Christmas tradition :thumbup:

Good luck to all.

KURDP7f.jpg

There's nothing that I can't think of that would match Snow better than a good ol' Snowflake.

This was made using 4 LEGO pieces; I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas. :-D

30451352123_16b2be2db5.jpgLego Snowflake by Kez.

Edited by Kez

Thanks Copmike for this!
Good luck to all entries!
In my city snow is more a joke that something to play with ( no more than 10 cm in the best scenario, and only  few hours, was my best snow experience..and that twice maybe 3 in all my life), so my entry could not be "perfect" for some people, but when i was a child i wish this happend so many times, so....
Snow (a little too much...)
31116712772_83d8a410c1_z.jpg

by Casti 616, en Flickr

Safety regulators told me I couldn't deliver gifts on snowy rooftops, so I sent this poor idiot hero instead.

santa_shadows_with_portal_gun.jpg

I hope he doesn't fall off and break his neck, that might damage the Quantum Tunneling Device!

Merry Christmas from Aperture Science Laboratories!

Love, Cave

Snow... As a kid, I've always wondered what it would be like to experience a snowfall. Coming from a tropical country where there isn't any, it always carried a sense of bewilderment for me. Many say it's just ice, though it's always a wonder why something so cold can conjure up feelings of warmth inside... maybe it's the Holidays and all... <--- I hope it's not too cheesy.

Oh, but I wouldn't to be caught in a blizzard or an avalanche, or any other thing like that.

So, here's my entry... The first fall of snow.

30441502284_8fb60fa319_z.jpgEB snow by Orthobotrex, on Flickr

Guatemala is a snowless country, anyway I am in love with the penguin fig. :wub:
Thanks CopMike. :)

15203262_10206251048470028_1056400280816