CopMike

EB Xmas Raffle 2016 - Your ideal Snow entry thread

This is my entry.

Snow reminds how I played "Fetch" with our dog with snowballs.. Our dog ran after the snowballs...but wondered always where that snowball ended...

He and me had a great time.

31067616111_4ae0ca768f.jpg

Thanks CopMike for hosting this one again!

Edited by Covi
Picture too small

30362815174_cc287e5678_o.png

My ideal time in the snow has always been sledding. Whenever it does actually snow here then we all hurry to the park or school to sled down the hills. 

What do I think about regarding snow? Something from a movie most likely, I haven't seen snow for 20 odd years - and definitely not near this time of year. Since I don't have a lot of white available at the moment, this is as good as it gets:

DtqzvU7.jpg?1

But thanks for a raffle again!

Here`s my entry, as a Tolkien fan, this was a great theme to work with :classic:

Based on the scene from The Fellowship, the heroes are struggling on the snowy sides of Caradhras, as Saruman uses his magic to increase the snowstorm.  This eventually forces the Fellowship into the Mines of Moria with all the dire consequences.  

But the comical part of that sequence in the film is that while they are all struggling in the chesthigh (of head high for the hobbits and Gimli) packed snow, Legolas lightly darts on top of it, and that`s what I wanted to represent.

P1150329.JPG

Hope you like it!

Snow makes you think about the Christmas period, with you in your cozy interior, surrounded by family, all gathered for a nice meal. It makes you long for those things when you're not that lucky too. Hans Christian Andersen's The Little Match Girl is one of my favorite fairy tales. It's one of the few fairy tales that truly touch me and one of the few that doesn't have a Hollywood ending in my head. It's so full of emotion it's hard to capture it with a build. But that shouldn't prevent you from thinking about the little match girl and everyone that can't have a cozy Christmas family party and wishing them love.

800x450.jpg

Thanks again CopMike for organizing this raffle and everyone for filling my day with lovely little builds.

Do you wanna carve a snow gnome?

30390807133_3de9cf97c9_z.jpg

Even though I've been busy lately, the Christmas Raffle is TRADITION!  Thanks, CopMike for making it possible again this year.

I always enjoy making snow sculptures.  Here's one Emmet made in the Bricksburg town square.

Thanks, CopMike, for all of the time you put into this to make it happen.

30381543804_10c4d74850_c.jpg

I always wake up in the winter and see the snow covered bushes outside my windows and enjoy looking at them, before actually having to get up and walk / ride to work through the cold.

SnowBush.jpg

Edited by S.I
Fixed tags

Two questions, do I have to be a regular member, and not a new member? And what do you mean by two original lego pieces? Thanks!

Edited by TheLordOfBricks

Thank you CopMike for the Raffle !

Here is my entry :

30845917450_108803c4f5.jpg

Snow is mainly fun in the snow ! Surfing, Skiing, building a snowman and fighting with snowballs !

Edited by Faladrin

I was wondering what to build until the idea of snow sculptures suddenly popped up. Snow sculpturing is after all a bit like LEGO building.

30847433740_51a82bfd42_z.jpg

Thank you for organizing the raffle CopMike, it's always a fun event!

When it snows, I like to sit inside and watch a good movie. Like the 15th reboot of Spiderman:

31103994791_379cce8540_c.jpg

(this was a great excuse for me to show off my custom Spidey)

3 hours ago, Swan Dutchman said:

I was wondering what to build until the idea of snow sculptures suddenly popped up. Snow sculpturing is after all a bit like LEGO building.

Awesome!