byMartin

Humans and Energy

30779243005_b53361bea4_z.jpg

Ever since a first burning tree has been spotted by humans, we were fascinated by fire - that emazing source of energy. Our caves become the labs of that time and soon we were full of ideas on how TO USE this energy.

Homo erectus, ~400 000 BC.

30478417000_67d0826fa0_z.jpg

30779239855_a5aef5d08f_z.jpg

Ages passed away and new energy sources were discovered. Some of them safe, some of them not. We could heat our meal, we could break the stone. Many people died because of the power hidden inside nitroglycerin and many more would follow if Alfread Nobel would not discover a simple way TO CONTROL it.

Alfred Nobel's lab, 1867.

30143713823_4ab445eab4_z.jpg

30662524772_21354b1597_z.jpg

It must be some kind of irony inside us that now, and only now, when we know how to use it and how to control it, we are finally putting all our energy "just" TO UNDERSTAND it.

LHC, CERN, today.

30742726536_1b65dd2b26_z.jpg

30690957671_4412437e87_z.jpg

30143712103_603bfcb097_z.jpg

Its really good. Have you thought about a fourth, between #1 and #2. Maybe with a waterwheel or windmill, or four animals turning a wheel.

Edited by gotoAndLego

I really like this, don't think I've seen anything like it before. I would also like to see a fourth corner to complete your square of energy. Well done!

Wow! I love the concept and how you realized it! The colours are spot on and go very well with the build quality, which I can only describe as fantastic. This really makes me want to build a technology-inspired display like this too! :classic: :thumbup:

I would swap the guy at the cern model with someone looking a bit less like an imperial officer. Is he modifiying it? And if so, is he pointing it at alderaan? :wink:

Thanks all for comments! Actually I planed to build 4th corner as well, however, time was limiting factor, since the plan was to submit the build to the "science lab contest" :)

What a beautiful collection of wonderfully displayed scenes! so very nicely done and stunningly drawn from one to another!!

On 11/6/2016 at 3:59 PM, byMartin said:

Actually I planed to build 4th corner as well,

This is great, both the idea and execution.

I think a fourth future/space corner would fit in nicely.

Agree with above written, original and very well executed MOC! I love all the fine details in all scenes. :thumbup: :classic: