Hello everyone,

Today I present you LEGO Set 21307 Caterham Seven 620R MOD 16+

I made my MOD based on Carl Greatrix's modification of this set.
A lot of modifications here, but most important is steering. 
To do so I cut Rigid Hose 3mm to fit .(see pictures).
Other modifications:
Ground clearance, seats, hood tilted, narrowed rear arches, front axle is wider,  windshield, strengthened dashboard, rollbar supports are connected to the body, lowered on one plate front part of the body...
Part (61409) slope in order to join upwards to the hood: lipstick (93094) and pneumatic hose 4mm were cut. (see pictures). 
Features / disadvantages: Positioning of headlight is like on Donkervoort or Lotus Seven. 
Instructions: http://bricksafe.com/pages/NikolayFX

LEGO Set 21307 Caterham Seven 620R MOD 16+LEGO Set 21307 Caterham Seven 620R MOD 16+LEGO Set 21307 Caterham Seven 620R MOD 16+LEGO Set 21307 Caterham Seven 620R MOD 16+LEGO Set 21307 Caterham Seven 620R MOD 16+LEGO Set 21307 Caterham Seven 620R MOD 16+

Full gallery is here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/132639540@N05/albums/72157676136261485/with/30146728884/

A quick note about parts that should be replaced (LDD 4.3.10 do not have them).

- 2 Plates 1 x 2 (Item No: 3023) Light Bluish Gray and Plate Modified 2 x 2 with Pin Holes (Item No: 2817) LBG - should be replaced by Plate Modified 2 x 4 with Pin Holes (Item No: 26599 NEW) LBG. On each side, like in original instructions.

- Tile 2 x 2 undetermined type (Item No: 3068) Yellow and Tile 1 x 2 undetermined type (Item No: 3069) Yellow - should be replaced by Tile 2 x 3 (Item No: 26603 NEW) Yellow At the bottom of the model on each side.

- 2 Tiles 1 x 3 (Item No: 63864) Black - should be replaced by Tile 2 x 3 (Item No: 26603 NEW) Black On each side of rear arches.

Edited by FX6000

Was it a difficult mod?  I have the set and haven't built it yet.  It would be nice to implement this change you made.

Edited by technic_addict

Great work. You've managed to turn a turkey into a peacock, I'll definitely be buying it now. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

9 hours ago, therealjustin said:

The addition of working steering completely changes my opinion of this set. It looks so much better, nicely done!

Thank you! I was impressed by original model from Carl Greatrix and when this set appeared I already knew what to do with it:) 

7 hours ago, technic_addict said:

Was it a difficult mod?  I have the set and haven't built it yet.  It would be nice to implement this change you made.

No, but you will have to cut some hoses:) When you build it you will want to do something with it:)

2 hours ago, grum64 said:

Great work. You've managed to turn a turkey into a peacock, I'll definitely be buying it now. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks! I would definitely recommend this set. Almost any set from LEGO needs some mods ;)

I already like this set, I found it to be a really enjoyable build. The addition of posable wheels (I think steering may be a slightly misleading description ? ) will improve display options. I'm not sure that I'm in favour of cutting hoses but, that's just the purist in me ?

4 hours ago, Boulderer said:

I already like this set, I found it to be a really enjoyable build. The addition of posable wheels (I think steering may be a slightly misleading description ? ) will improve display options. I'm not sure that I'm in favour of cutting hoses but, that's just the purist in me ?

Me too, thanks!  Yep, you're right it is not really steering, but a sort of it:) Long ago Lego instructions offered to cut hoses by yourself. ;) 

24 minutes ago, Kmuffin said:

After seeing this made me interested in buying this too bad. This is very hard to find in my country.

I ordered it online and advise you to do the same;)

Just now, FX6000 said:

I ordered it online and advise you to do the same;)

Guess eBay. Might have a look on them and i also have to find a good deal. Paying much isn't worth.

1 hour ago, Kmuffin said:

Guess eBay. Might have a look on them and i also have to find a good deal. Paying much isn't worth.

No, I ordered directly from Lego.com/ca with free shipping + small gift from lego. Another source where I usually make my orders is bricklink.com

Just bought the set and really new to the scene.

I downloaded the file, but I only have drawings, not instructions how to modify the Caterham.

Possible to enlight me which parts I need and how to modify everything, explained in the first post?

Thanks!