Sign in to follow this  
Capn Frank

(OL-FB) Inn in Astrapi

Astrapi is looking to attract higher society.  This new inn will allow important people to have a proper place to sleep.

30139301953_b335f3b454_z.jpg

30774728775_251fe5b7fc_z.jpg

30139300923_711f27d504_z.jpg

Thanks for looking. :pir-classic: 

Very elegant! It looks like a fine place to stay if I find myself in Astrapi! I like the use of the curved slopes at the top of the columns, and I like the smoke coming from the chimneys. The colors work well together, particularly the tan of the walls, which really highlight the white columns. And setting the building at an angle on the base always improves things. Excellent! :thumbup:

I like the use of so many classic bricks. Very Retro-Modern. Especially the basic red doors and windows vs the small delicate touches of the top of the coloumns and the minifig bases in the mansard roof. :thumbup: It is an outstanding example on how to make your MOCs Classic.  And the round 2x2 flat tile above the door, simple and effective. Widely available bricks opens up the possibility for others to include it in their stories. Well done!

Constructive critisism: The only thing is that the rock looks a bit bad from the backside. If it is part of a setup I understand completely. Alone from, that angle. Not so good.

7 hours ago, Sir Stig said:

If it is part of a setup I understand completely.

This build is made to be part of my Collaborative Build Standard. That part of the rock wall will be out of view and covered by the next row of builds.  The rock wall looks a lot better on the other side. :pir-classic: 

Thank you for the complements. I think this build was my best attempt using the old basic windows and doors. I will make more attempts since I have so many of those types of windows and doors sitting around. :pir-grin: 

A great looking inn! I particularly like the roof shape and those columns.  The figure in black is a great combo as well! Great job!

The angle really adds to this already nice build! Good job, on the cobblestones as well as the house!

Great looking inn, Phred. I like how you have combined such relatively simple bricks and techniques into such a harmonious building. It looks really classy!

Looks really elegant! Red windows and door makes a good combination withthe rest of the building. I'd have to dress my nicest outfit for this place... 

The first episode in my new AMRCA takes place in the function room at the Astrapi Inn. Hope you approve of my decor: