Bregir

[COR-FB] Her Majesty's Winged Cuirassiers, King's Harbour

30112957100_9c94ceacd3_c.jpg

The defence of a Corlander naval base on a largely uncharted island cannot be left to green troops. Thus, a troop of Her Majesty's Winged Cuirassiers has been assigned to King's Harbour.
Outside the settlement, a barracks and stable has been erected, fortified against minor threats. Here, we see three cuirassiers riding out of the main gate, likely going on another patrol to map and survey the surrounding areas.

30323914141_554bafd4e7_c.jpg

The Winged Cuirassiers derive their name from the winged banners they carry atop their long battle-lances, and the breastplates (cuirasses) they carry on their chest against small arms fire and lances. Each section of four Cuirassiers is lead by a bannerman, who, instead of the wing, carries the banner of her Majesty, Queen Anetta.
They are elite, shock-troops, and have often been known to turn the tide of battle with their largely unstoppable charge.
Armed with a battle-lance, a long-sword, and a  cavalry carbine, they are versatile and highly trained troops.
Recruited from the universities, and offered good pay and overall conditions, they often transition into important positions in the colonies as their tour of duty ends.

Sometimes, you just need to figbarf and build some troops. C&C welcome.

The build will be licensed as a small residence.

Nice archway, and good-looking troops (especially from head-on)! The only issue I see is that their battle lances are actually axes, but that's just an issue with the description. Overall, excellent build. I like! :thumbup: 

12 minutes ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Is this the first time someone has presented a decent cavalry corps here?

I presented a glimpse of my Eslandolan musketeers in this post, which serve both mounted and on foot.

Nice Cuirassier's Bregir! I expected when reading the title for them to have their 'wings' on their back, similar to the Polish Winged Hussars, but the lance works as well I think. A very ornate gate for the barracks as well!

6 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Is this the first time someone has presented a decent cavalry corps here?

5 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

I presented a glimpse of my Eslandolan musketeers in this post, which serve both mounted and on foot.

Or the Queen's Own Hussar's here :pir-classic:

These looks pretty gorgeous! I really like the combination of weapons and armour here. They represent a rather unrepresented time in history. Very good! :classic: :thumbup:

On 4.11.2016 at 8:51 PM, Capt Wolf said:

Nice archway, and good-looking troops (especially from head-on)! The only issue I see is that their battle lances are actually axes, but that's just an issue with the description. Overall, excellent build. I like! :thumbup: 

Right, I missed that.

On 5.11.2016 at 3:02 AM, Ayrlego said:

Nice Cuirassier's Bregir! I expected when reading the title for them to have their 'wings' on their back, similar to the Polish Winged Hussars, but the lance works as well I think. A very ornate gate for the barracks as well!

And I did not see that post at the time - the Hussars are excellent!

The use of those yellowed bricks lends a sense of realism to the scene.

Would I be correct in assuming these are Corrington Army cavalry, and that they are commanded by a colonel? I ask because the character I have receiving the 'Corrington documents' bottle will likely be the second in command of this unit.

Thanks all! :pir-grin:

On ‎04‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:22 AM, blackdeathgr said:

Elegant troops!

Thanks, BD, that was what I was aiming for. They are supposed to be some of the Queen's finest, and should inspire respect! :pir-grin:

On ‎04‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 8:51 PM, Capt Wolf said:

Thank you Capt Wolf, but I must disagree:

30798385766_15ca311385.jpg

It is a versatile weapon, but while mounted it will mainly be used as a lance. :pir-wink: (Although mounted on the saddle with the axe-head upwards when not in use, as shown in the original post)

Liked your musketeers, btw, although they are a very different type of troops.

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 3:02 AM, Ayrlego said:

I know - and I experienced a bit with that too, but as I wanted the cuirasses, I decided to go this route instead. :pir-blush:

And I might build the whole barracks/stable one day, but for now, that is at the bottom of a VERY long list... :pir_tong2:

Liked those Hussars, btw.

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 9:40 PM, TitusV said:

These are so gorgeous! You ought to figbarf more ser

Perhaps so! It is always fun - and if we had all the time in the world, we should have a "troop index"!

Come to think of it, perhaps at least official corlander troops should be indexed... Hmmm.

On ‎06‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 1:52 AM, Littleworlds said:

These looks pretty gorgeous! I really like the combination of weapons and armour here. They represent a rather unrepresented time in history. Very good! :classic: :thumbup:

Thanks, LW. Cuirassiers is an interesting concept, lodged between the knight and the dragoon (ish) and Corrington needed some shock-troops! :pir-laugh:

21 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Right, I missed that.

And I did not see that post at the time - the Hussars are excellent!

Thanks, Captain. Btw, I think @Elostirion had some mounted Nellisei or something like that. :pir-blush:  Scratch that, they were infantry! :grin:

2 hours ago, gedren_y said:

The use of those yellowed bricks lends a sense of realism to the scene.

Would I be correct in assuming these are Corrington Army cavalry, and that they are commanded by a colonel? I ask because the character I have receiving the 'Corrington documents' bottle will likely be the second in command of this unit.

Thanks - those yellowed bricks are totally a choice and not a result of my old collection! :pir-tongue:

As this is only a troop of 24 riders, they are commanded by a lowly captain. But either he or his 2iC can receive the bottle, if you believe it of military nature. Otherwise, a political official would be more suited. :pir-blush:

1 hour ago, The Architect said:

These guys look armed to the teeth! The cobbled pavement is a nice touch too, really compliments the build.

Thanks - they are indeed ready for almost anything! :pir-laugh:

4 hours ago, Bregir said:

Thank you Capt Wolf, but I must disagree:

30798385766_15ca311385.jpg

It is a versatile weapon, but while mounted it will mainly be used as a lance. :pir-wink: (Although mounted on the saddle with the axe-head upwards when not in use, as shown in the original post)

And displayed in this manner, I stand corrected. I did not immediately see the dual use capabilities of the lances. Clever design! It presumably serves as an excellent counter-balance, too! This view also shows the "wing" in action. Very nice!