Hi,

I'd like to present to you my latest MOC, the Ferrari 308 GTSi:

30720523836_6b5792e3cc_b.jpg

4 wheel independent suspension with anti-roll bars (the yellow parts in the picture below:)
Front suspension with realistic setup (kingpin inclination, Ackermann, caster)

30456658800_fc8afdaf0d_c.jpg

Pop-up headlights (operated with the lever in the dashboard)

30720518486_e80cd86763_c.jpg

3+R gearbox (with shifter in center console)

30757331695_a6bf264fba_c.jpg

Detailed V8 engine

30720519916_9f2a99f4d1_c.jpg

Opening doors
Opening trunk
Opening hood (with button in the dashboard)

30121721413_a0947595d3_c.jpg

Adjustable chairs (forward/backward + tilting backrest)

30125294054_cb3027b6ee_c.jpg

Removable rooftop

30757330355_f7af01d4b5_c.jpg

I build this car in commision with an exclusivity agreement. So there will be no building instructions available for this model.
If you are interested in commisioning a model yourself please send me a message or an email:
jjottens (at) onsmail.nl (replace the (at) with @)

Comments and questions are most welcome as usual. More pictures can be found on my Flickr page.

Leg godt,

Jeroen Ottens

In my opinion this is your best build yet. It's instantly recognisable & jawdroppingly beautiful :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by grum64

Thanks for sharing this surprising creation! Of course needless to say that I love it very much, not only because it´s a Ferrari :wub:!

Suspension – very unusual and therefore interesting, could be slightly lower for my taste. The curvy bodywork is so lovely, although I´m not entirely sold on the rear part. Tan interiour, spare wheel compartment, pop-up headlights, V-8 engine – all very neat details :thumbup::thumbup:! Working on commission can be very motivating from time to time :wink:… Congrats to your customer!

PM me if you need a few silver vinyl horses or other common Ferrari stickers (only for this one model).

Wow, that's incredible!  I can picture Tom Selleck's mustache from here.  I would love to have this in my collection because it is such a recognizable scale model.  Too bad about the exclusivity agreement.  Surely the buyer would be wiling to make an exception for me.  :laugh:

magnum-magnum-p-i-anne-1980-tv-series-19

4 hours ago, Blakbird said:

Surely the buyer would be wiling to make an exception for me.  :laugh:

An exclusive contract is only a one of build Blakbird and no exception for you. :grin:

What a great build Jeroen and good to see that you now also make exclusive models i do with ships. :thumbup:

Edited by Edwin Korstanje

Love the interior, and what I find interesting about this car is its so different. Even the colour scheme of the interior is rarely used. Would love to see a video. Congrats!!:wub:

Love it! The only area  that looks odd is the rear wheel arch. It looks like the flex axle should come down a stud in the front. Other than that it is great!

Impressive and surprising MOC (I thought you were working on the DB11 :tongue:)

So neat and very well proportioned.! Oh, and dat interior :wub:

Do you have a video?

Thanks for all the positive comments

On 11/3/2016 at 8:29 PM, brunojj1 said:

Thanks for sharing this surprising creation! Of course needless to say that I love it very much, not only because it´s a Ferrari :wub:!

Suspension – very unusual and therefore interesting, could be slightly lower for my taste. The curvy bodywork is so lovely, although I´m not entirely sold on the rear part. Tan interiour, spare wheel compartment, pop-up headlights, V-8 engine – all very neat details :thumbup::thumbup:! Working on commission can be very motivating from time to time :wink:… Congrats to your customer!

PM me if you need a few silver vinyl horses or other common Ferrari stickers (only for this one model).

Working on commission is definitely interesting. It set more boundaries for me since I had to fulfill the wishes of the customer as well as my own. I normally would never put so much detail in the car. The car is already in the box, so unfortunately I can't take up your offer, but thanks anyway

On 11/3/2016 at 8:33 PM, Blakbird said:

Wow, that's incredible!  I can picture Tom Selleck's mustache from here.  I would love to have this in my collection because it is such a recognizable scale model.  Too bad about the exclusivity agreement.  Surely the buyer would be wiling to make an exception for me.  :laugh:

Well, since you live outside time & space I am sure can you strike a deal with my buyer and have a parallel dimension copy of it :tongue:
(and otherwise you can always PM me for another iconic car for your collection)

22 hours ago, Edwin Korstanje said:

An exclusive contract is only a one of build Blakbird and no exception for you. :grin:

What a great build Jeroen and good to see that you now also make exclusive models i do with ships. :thumbup:

You're still way ahead of me on that path... But I like the experience so far

8 hours ago, Lox Lego said:

Love the interior, and what I find interesting about this car is its so different. Even the colour scheme of the interior is rarely used. Would love to see a video. Congrats!!:wub:

The interior is a copy of the real one of my customer. So I had not much choice. Luckily those small panels were just released in tan. No video I'm afraid, the car is already packed in the box for shipment.

5 hours ago, Jonfensu said:

Impressive and surprising MOC (I thought you were working on the DB11 :tongue:)

So neat and very well proportioned.! Oh, and dat interior :wub:

Do you have a video?

I am working on the DB11, but then the Rebrick contest came along, and then the pneumatic contest was more interesting, but before I could finish that this assignment came along. And the next assignment (a McLaren) is already taking shape on my desk... Still I have every intention to finish the DB11. So if I do not get new assignments it will be the next project after the McLaren.

5 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

As others have said,  beautiful model.  Specifically,  I like the interesting placement of the rear differential.

Credits to crowkillers for that. Since the width of the car was so limited I had to use the floating differential concept he showed a few months ago.

2 hours ago, GREG998 said:

Awesome work. Really like the choice of model. I've ever loved the 308/328 design and you recreated it perfectly.

You'll have to thank my customer for that, he wanted this specific car. But I must admit that once I started on it I just couldn't stop working on it. I first had the intention to finish my AT-AT for the TC10, but this beauty hooked me completely...

46 minutes ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

I am working on the DB11, but then the Rebrick contest came along, and then the pneumatic contest was more interesting, but before I could finish that this assignment came along. And the next assignment (a McLaren) is already taking shape on my desk... Still I have every intention to finish the DB11. So if I do not get new assignments it will be the next project after the McLaren.

Oh I see. But it's mind-blowing how fast do you build such great models. A Mclaren?! The DB11 can wait, don't worry  :laugh:....Sounds pretty exciting (Hope it's a P1, with those crazy curves in every side). Is it also a commissioned model,  or we could expect a WIP topic?:tongue:

8 hours ago, Jonfensu said:

Oh I see. But it's mind-blowing how fast do you build such great models. A Mclaren?! The DB11 can wait, don't worry  :laugh:....Sounds pretty exciting (Hope it's a P1, with those crazy curves in every side). Is it also a commissioned model,  or we could expect a WIP topic?:tongue:

The McLaren is not a P1, sorry, but it does have some very interesting features I promise you that. It will not have a WIP topic, but it is sold without exclusivity and with buildinginstructions...

It looks great - the rear part (from side view) looks a bit too high but model as whole is still instantly recognizable. The front is stellar and I really like "leather" interior :)

Some time ago I was thinking of starting small Technic Ferrari collection, seeing that red is the most common Technic color and the amount of Ferrari MOCs out there, but seeing that 2 of the best models are exclusive (Brunos LaFerrari and now your 308 GTSi), it might not be worth it at the end.

Anyway, great job, your customer must be a very happy person :)

1 hour ago, filuS said:

Some time ago I was thinking of starting small Technic Ferrari collection, seeing that red is the most common Technic color and the amount of Ferrari MOCs out there, but seeing that 2 of the best models are exclusive (Brunos LaFerrari and now your 308 GTSi), it might not be worth it at the end.

As far as I know your collection isn´t too bad at all, including a blue Pagani which is very exclusive as well.  It´s never too late to build up a Ferrari collection based on the 2 official Racers sets. You can at least try to obtain the other available such as Jorge´s F40, the new FXX from Loxlego and/or a 458 which I almost forgot :wink:. The myth lives on!

Edited by brunojj1

It's all been said above but just to add that I also think that you have done a really nice job on this MOC.  I was looking forward to the Aston though.  You were really getting there with the bodywork.