Siegfried

Your dream Lego theme

Copied from the other thread:

Now that the Walt Disney World Castle set is out and a huge hit, I would like to reiterate my wish for an entire line of sets based on the Disney theme parks. The thing is, such a concept has the potential to fulfill almost everyone's wishes. You want pirates? They've got 'em. Fairy tales? In the bag. Jungle safari with lots of animals? Ever hear of the Jungle Cruise or Disney's Animal Kingdom? Architecture and world landmarks? World Showcase at Epcot. Old West? Frontierland. Classic-style Space? Tomorrowland. Vehicles? Disneyland alone has an iconic fire engine, double-decker bus, antique car, and famous train. Not to mention the infinite potential for crossover with Star Wars, Marvel, and Indiana Jones.

12 hours ago, Exetrius said:

So. Much. Yes. :cry_happy:

Although I have never played WoW or Elder Scrolls games, I think I would love to buy LEGO sets based on them. I love extravagant medieval fantasy characters with cool (magical) weapons/artifacts and mythical creatures! If you could get the player community to buy the sets, it should be a profitable line. However, an original LEGO theme of this concept would perfectly fine with me as well. 

Concerning the anime series, I would LOVE this so much! Just thinking of it gives me goosebumps, man! :excited: There are simply so many characters I would love to get, I'll list them under the spoiler tag: Edit: that doesn't work out at the moment...

Mystogan, Jellal, Gajeel, Natsu, Erza, Mirajane, Zeref  (Fairy Tail)

Shiroe, Akatsuki  (Log Horizon)

Saber, Gilgamesh, Archer, Lancer (Fate/Stay Night)

Luffy  (One Piece)

Kazuto, Asuna  (Sword Art Online)  

Mikasa, Eren  (Attack on Titan)

Saitama, Genos  (One Punch Man)

Kamina  (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)

Kaneki  (Tokyo Ghoul)

Alucard  (Hellsing)

Ryuko  (Kill la Kill)

:grin:

No way that it would be possible to get all of those, because of licencing issues and lack of interest among the TLG core target audience. If I could make those in a purist way to some extent, I could live with that. The problem lies often in the face and the hair style, it hardly ever looks right. I am quoting part of an earlier post of mine:

I still think this would be a really nice idea. Also, notice how #3 and #8 have (more or less) already appeared in Disney CMF Syndrome and TLBM Harley Quin. :classic:

The hairstyle samples you mentioned in your posts would be a dream coming true (more color variation the better), as it would enable making famous anime characters via MOCing (is this even a word) fairly easily.

I also agree with the fantasy theme, even for a non-licensed one. Honestly anything's good, as long as it has interesting sets, minifigures and weapons.

I probably allready mentioned this in the other thread, but I'd like to see a historical theme centered around the Mediterranean Sea:
Romans, Greek, Egyptians, Carthaginians, Gauls (or Celts in general), Moors,...

Edited by Humdrum

On 6/17/2016 at 0:03 PM, jasper44 said:

There are a few I'd love to see...

-Battle of the PLanets/G-Force/Gatchaman

-80's toon stuff like MOTU, GI Joe, Thundercats, SIlverhawks

-Hanna-Barbera like Space Ghost, Blue Falcon, Herculoids, etc...

-Finish out the A-Team with the van and the rest of the crew

-he Dukes of Hazzard. Great cast of Vehicles and Characters

a million more, but that should do for now

A Funky Phantom or Captain Caveman set would be cool.

Up until yesterday, I wasn't aware this topic existed! Now I know there is at least one other thread in this subforum that is similar to this one, but before we ring in the new year, I'd like to revive this discussion with at least one more post for 2017. 

While I have many wishes for a multitude of original in-house themes and licensed franchises, my quintessential dream theme would be for a Dieselpunk/Sky-Fi reimagining of the classic Adventurers theme, filled with fantastical warplanes, airships, advanced lost civilizations, ancient doomsday devices, evil barons with mechanical armies, and daring aviator heroes. I've shared this dream of mine on others topics here in the past, particularly on this one where I fleshed it out a bit more.

I think such a fantastical take on the classic Adventurers theme might be more successful in this day and age over a more traditional one, seeing how well a theme like Ninjago has done since 2011. 

On 9/1/2016 at 2:31 PM, Bugbot2008 said:

I commented a while back on this thread regarding my dream LEGO theme, Disney’s Atlantis: The Lost Empire.

Since then I went ahead and made a wave of 6 sets for myself based on the movie in the style of official sets. They are all rendered in LDD.

Hey, I didn't know you were on Eurobricks! I've seen many of your Ideas projects before, and have admired their set like quality and construction! Your renditions of Mole's Digger and the Ulysses's Sub Pod are my favorites, and I love how you recolored that canopy part from 8970 Robo Attack for the Sub Pod in Trans-yellow. Now that's a recolored part that we need to see! :sweet:

Also, even the many smaller expeditionary land vehicles seen in your set proposals would have been great standing alone as Adventurers sets! :thumbup:

My dream theme would be based around Trains and Cyberspace. Rail Network, get it? We could have a team of locomotive engineers that have seriously decked out cyber trains, each with their own speciality. Of course, it would be a team of six. Three men and three women. They would work like the security suite of a computer, hunting down nasty malware type villains who aim to wreak havoc upon the citizens of cyberspace.

My dream LEGO theme? I honestly just want Castle or Pirates to return, that'd satisfy me greatly.

Thinking just a wee bit outside the box, I wouldn't mind another Monster theme - but with less focus on gimmicky vehicles.

One of my dream LEGO themes would be a Super Mario theme. I still love playing all Mario games and it would be awesome to have sets involving Mario Karts, Bowser’s Castle and the comet observatory and Bowser’s flying ship from Mario Galaxy. 

Probably showing my age here but a Wild Wild West theme would be great. Western, steampunk, sci-fi, trains with a little castle thrown in for good measure. Still watch that show from time to time, corny as it is.  

On 12/31/2017 at 5:14 PM, Hive said:

My dream LEGO theme? I honestly just want Castle or Pirates to return, that'd satisfy me greatly.

Same here but for Space.

And not war oriented like Galaxy Squad. Something more like Classic Space.

Just now, danth said:

Same here but for Space.

And not war oriented like Galaxy Squad. Something more like Classic Space.

My dream Space theme would be for a Buck Rogers/Flash Gordon inspired one, with 1930's styled retro rocketcraft, jet packs, and ray guns. :snicker:

My dream would be to see a Cyberpunk theme. Something inspired by the likes of TRON or the excellent book Neuromancer.

But since that isn't likely any time soon, the IDEAS light cycle will have to suffice :)

On 01/01/2018 at 2:14 AM, Hive said:

Totally agree... +far west 

As far as licensed themes go, I have two particular wishes. The first would be for a System based Thomas the Tank Engine theme, as both the original stories and their television adaptations were a cornerstone of my childhood. The second would be for a line of sets based upon my all time favorite movie, Peter Jackson's King Kong from 2005. I know that both the character and the franchise have moved on to WB's Monsterverse, but still, Jackson's take on both the story and character are still the best for me. :blush:

World+of+Kong+-+A+Natural+History+of+Sku

Also, as far as recent movies go, I'm hoping we will see Pacific Rim come to Lego in near future, as the film's Jaegers and Kaiju would make for some incredible set material. :purrr:

I want Nintendo theme sets, so much there. Metriod for Space, Zelda for Castle, Mario and Yoshi.

I'd also like a return of Avatar / Korra. So many cool sets they could make. All we ever got were two rather weak sets before the franchise became popular.

Based on TV shows:

The Dresden Files

He-Man & She-Ra

Firefly

Fairy Tail

Charmed

Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Supernatural

Sabrina the Teenage Witch

Adventure Time (lots of minifigures like in the Lego Dimensions sets rather than the brick built set we've already got)

and based on video games:

Uncharted

Secret of Mana

Legend of Zelda

Super Mario Bros 3

Super Mario World

Banjo Kazooie

StarFox

5 hours ago, Killian said:

Based on TV shows:

He-Man & She-Ra

Adventure Time

and based on video games:

Legend of Zelda

Yes, please!

10 hours ago, Killian said:

Based on TV shows:

The Dresden Files

Ew, no!

Now if you had said based on books, then we'd be in business. ;)

13 hours ago, Karalora said:

Ew, no!

Hehe, yeah the books are way better than the TV show, but I've never heard of Lego making anything based on a book before?

Total Drama would work perfectly as a CMF series with maybe some basic sets or a D2C of Camp Wawankwa or the Jumbo Jet. With 80+ contestants it could go on for a while. Plus we’d get some pretty cool new hair pieces!!

Avatar: The Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra would be great to have back! I sadly never got a chance to pick up either of the ATLA sets and, admittedly, they’re pretty ugly and dated by now. Some proper redesigns would be much appreciated and there are plenty of potential sets and minifigs I could see Lego coming out with. 

Crash Bandicoot would be another great theme to have! Tons of mechs and villains, Crash’s house and maybe some Minecraft-like sets full of crates and wumpa colored apples that you can build and rearrange to make different types of levels for Crash to run through.

6 hours ago, Killian said:

Hehe, yeah the books are way better than the TV show, but I've never heard of Lego making anything based on a book before?

Does it count if they made something based on movies which were adapted from books that remain at least as popular as the movie adaptations? Because if so, then Harry Potter and LOTR, for a start.

On 1/10/2018 at 1:54 AM, Karalora said:

If you really want some characters from the Dresden Files books, I have some 600 dpi head and torso designs suitable for custom printing or decals on my webpage (near the bottom).

My dream theme would be fleshie minifig diversity packs. Four minifigs each; with each kit featuring light flesh, flesh, medium flesh, or reddish brown; including fleshie heads, arms, and hands; with 2 each of male and female figs.

Whilst I would dearly love for Castle to return, but only if it were at the quality of Fantasy Era or Kingdoms, my dream theme would be a sub-theme of Technic based around non-vehicle machines. Something like the Orrery made by JK Brickworks, or a clockwork mechanism (though making it accurately keep time would be pretty difficult).

Also Advanced Model Trains should make a comeback, a follow up for the Emerald Night that corrects some of the design issues. If they did a D2C Hogwarts Express of Emerald Night quality with at least two carriages (possibly two for passengers and one for owls and luggage), I would buy it in a second.

More trains are always welcome - bring back a full range as it’s own sub theme again, with track packs, stand-alone infrastructure (beyond stations), rolling stock... Definitely only a dream...

I’m sure it’s been suggested, but I’d love a Doctor Who theme, though it seems that ship has sailed. Probably just a ‘one and done’ but it could be great (albeit probably too niche).

Proper Victorian Steampunk - they dabbled in it with elements in Monster Fighter and Ninjago sets, but a full-on range of air, land and sea vehicles would be great!