Siegfried

Your dream Lego theme

I think an Avatar (James Cameron, not the last Airbender) license would be cool. We could get a lot of new foliage and plant parts and Na'vi minifigs would be kind of cool. The second and third movies in the trilogy are supposed to come out in 2013 and 2014, so there is a chance that we might get a license then. I've also heard that James Cameron doesn't give licenses that often, but Steven Spielberg put his name on some Studios sets, so you never know.

I think an Avatar (James Cameron, not the last Airbender) license would be cool. We could get a lot of new foliage and plant parts and Na'vi minifigs would be kind of cool. The second and third movies in the trilogy are supposed to come out in 2013 and 2014, so there is a chance that we might get a license then. I've also heard that James Cameron doesn't give licenses that often, but Steven Spielberg put his name on some Studios sets, so you never know.

^ This is a good idea, for Avatar 2. LEGO would make a killing!

Now a theme I personally would love to have. Lord of the Rings :sweet: Which may come into fruition.

It is not necessarily my dream license, but I'm surprised they haven't done something with Chronicles of Narnia. They already have a Disney deal and they have Minotaurs coming out in the new CMF series 6. They just need fawns and whatever other creatures in the movies. Granted, I think the movies haven't done as well lately like the original one, but it would make sense to continue on with some of the Fantasy idea.

A dream theme would be 1920/30/40s gangster era. They came out with the new gangster/mafia man in the series 5 CMF. To add that to a license, I suppose they would have to come out with another new movie/show. I haven't seen it, but Boardwalk Empire? maybe, or of course you think of The Untouchables or Public Enemies, but those are in the past so a license wouldn't come of it.

I didn't care for the movie, but I agree as mentioned, an Avatar theme might work well. It might be neat seeing blue lego people.

Dream Themes:

The Walking Dead - Different zombies, buildings ruined/overrun

James Bond - The "Goldfinger" bed scene :tongue: , "Moonraker" space station, endless posibilities

Pixar - The Incredibles vs the Giant Ball thing, The "Up" house with brick balloons :tongue: , etc

A man can dream eh? :cry_sad:

I'm curious as to how the Jungle Boy would go great with Pharoahs Quest sets. Great contrast with the themes.

-Omi

This long after my post I'm not sure what I was thinking when I said that, but I imagine I meant the minifigures from those sets, and perhaps aspects of the rest of the sets as well, and/or the rumored "XXX Quest" sets from future successors to these (sets set in India, etc.). A little imaginative building could easily enough make some "jungle adventure" creations, and the Jungle Boy (or whatever he'll be called) and Pharaohs Quest minifigures could complete them nicely enough, I think.

Pixar - The Incredibles vs the Giant Ball thing, The "Up" house with brick balloons :tongue: , etc

Indeed, I would love Pixar movie sets. Wall-E really seemed like something that Lego could have used, not to mention that minifigures of The Incredibles would be sweeeet.

What I would like to see includes the following:

TUFF Puppy

A Bug's Life

Some Anime themed stuff like Pokemon, Digimon, etc.

Sam and Max: Freelance Police

To name a few.

My only "dream" license would be "John Carter of Mars / Barsoom chronicles", that may, yet don't have to be, tied-in with Disney's 2012 movie of the material. And from just reading the first five novels of Burrough's series I imagine there being even more potential in such a line than Star Wars EVER had! You got red martians, green martians, black martians, yellow martians (colour-coded for your convenience!) a plethora of fauna (Riding thoats, zitidars, BANTHS!), vehicles of all kinds in all shapes and sizes, potential playsets in cities and a nigh negligible need for displaying Mars/Barsoom itself as it'S mostly deserted anyway.

So all in all we have an adventure-driven vehicle-based world full of strong and interesting characters and creatures, and noone taps it's potential!

Shame!

Be well all!

Cutty

Deffinately Lord of the Rings/ The Hobbit - so happy it's rumoured :sweet:

I think it would also be awesome if there were Video Game Licences such as Elder Scrolls

Eragon/Inheritance Cycle. So much possibility with that one. Dragons, elves, Shades, the Ra'zac. It would be amazing as LEGO, but sadly unlikely as the movie came out over 3 years ago. :cry_sad:

Considering that SW has really been a great boon for LEGO, one would think other SCIFI licenses would work as well. Granted, 1 to 3 sets per license would really all that is needed, if the license shows promise, bring forth more sets.

TOS BSG-CLASSIC COLONIAL VIPER, CLASSIC CYLON RAIDER

TOS BSG-MINIs-Battlestar Galactica, rag tag fleet--colonial movers, astral queen etc

TOS BSG UCS---Classic Viper, B. GALACTICA

Proposed continuing sets---Landram and GAL 356 and Hangar deck w/launch tube

TNG BSG---MK II, MK VII, Cylon Raider

TNG BSG Minis--BSG, BS PEGASUS, Rag Tag Fleet--Colonial Movers, Celestra, Colonial One, Ring Ship etc

TNG BSG UCS--BS GALACTICA, Cylon BaseStar

Proposed continuing sets--STEALTH STAR, Laura Viper, Cylon HEAVY RAIDER, Hangar deck, Raptor

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century

BR25C--Thunderfighter, Draconian fighter

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

UCS-NAUTILUS

The Adventures of Jules Verne

Basically, an interpretation of his classics with some steampunk thrown in.

2001:A SPACE ODSSEY

UCS-USS DISCOVERY

UCS-USS LEONOV

PROBE w/dave AND Monolith.

Orion transport

Moon bus

Aries 1B

Note new helmets would reflect 2001 theme.

Edited by TristanJones

Eragon/Inheritance Cycle. So much possibility with that one. Dragons, elves, Shades, the Ra'zac. It would be amazing as LEGO, but sadly unlikely as the movie came out over 3 years ago. :cry_sad:

This is what i was gonna say! It truly is a shame they ruined the movie so badly. it really needs to be made again at the same scale and care as LOTR was done by Peter Jackson. I've started reading the newest book, Inheritance, and it is REALLY good! Even if TLG didn't make a proper Eragon theme, at least something with different dragons, such as blue (Saphira), and gold (Glaedr).

How about Neon Genesis Evangelion? The new anime movies are coming out. You can build Tokyo 3 and it will move around and sink. You could build the NERV HQ, each of the Evas, and a few of the Angels. It would have brilliant colours and incredible detail with small pieces for the Evas. Anyone else think that would be awesome? I know of someone who started to work on Eva Unit 01, incredible:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=53378&st=0&p=953522&hl=evangelion&fromsearch=1entry953522

Considering that SW has really been a great boon for LEGO, one would think other SCIFI licenses would work as well. Granted, 1 to 3 sets per license would really all that is needed, if the license shows promise, bring forth more sets.

TOS BSG-CLASSIC COLONIAL VIPER, CLASSIC CYLON RAIDER

TOS BSG-MINIs-Battlestar Galactica, rag tag fleet--colonial movers, astral queen etc

TOS BSG UCS---Classic Viper, B. GALACTICA

Proposed continuing sets---Landram and GAL 356 and Hangar deck w/launch tube

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century

BR25C--Thunderfighter, Draconian fighter

Yep, these are the ones I agree on - old school sci-fi.....but has everyone forgotten the most classic of them all....

THUNDERBIRDS

F.A.B. ! :grin:

i would love a family guy and american dad series

the first set would be the griffen household which would include the all six of the family plus the family car. the same can be done for the smith family

the next set would be the clam which would include joe peter quagmire and cleveland.

the forth set would be the cia building

and the two final sets would be a peter vs chicken set and geoff and haileys camper van

i would also like to see a colectable minifigure series which has real celebrities.

some figures could be

the beatles, barack obama, the queen, micheal jackson, tom cruise, sly stallone and rick gervais

Yep, these are the ones I agree on - old school sci-fi.....but has everyone forgotten the most classic of them all....

THUNDERBIRDS

F.A.B. ! :grin:

I totally agree. My dad got me into the classic show, and I got a cross-section book while I was in the U.K. this summer. There's a lot of things there that would work great as sets. Pity it's too outdated to be made as a theme (maybe they could've done a theme if they hadn't botched the movie).

Don't know if there are any comic readers out there, but with the new DC licence appearing soon, I thought it might be cool to see some of the comics people actually STILL READ REGULARLY come into a Lego set!

Right at the top of that list is Invincible (Image). My favourite superhero comic of all time, closing in on 100 issues... so many characters, especially villians, I think it would actually make a really fun series! Alas, it won't make it into the likes of Lego until it does something silly like spawn a television show or have a boring movie with a tedious love plot. Sigh.