Siegfried

Your dream Lego theme

Why Lego never made more Nickelodeon-esque sets still surprises me, especially Danny Phantom and Avatar: The Last Airbender (okay, more sets with the license instead of two. I want a Toph fig gosh darn it!)

A Few Danny Phantom Set Ideas

Vlad's Laboratory- Includes Danny Phantom, Dani Phantom, Dani Fenton Vlad Masters and Vlad Plasmius. The various panels and machinery have exploding functions, as well as a ghost portal with opening doors. Small set- Approx. $25-$30

The Fenton RV vs. Ember Mclain's Portable Stage- Includes Jack Fenton, Maddie Fenton, Danny Fenton, Ember Mclain and two roadie ghost. Flick-fire missles galore, interior for the Fenton RV (including seating for four) and ghost hunting equipment. The Portable Stage and it's transport truck can detach, and the stage includes speakers and lighting equipment. Approx. $55-$60

Freakshow's Train Escape- Includes Danny Phantom, Tucker Foley, Sam Manson, Freakshow, two performers, and two Guys in White minifigures. The train includes a locomotive with tender, a passenger car, a box car, and a caboose full of treasure. Also included are two motorcycles for the guys in white, and various jewels and treasures for caboose. $110-$120

So I have been reading the Percy Jackson Books, and i was thinking it might be cool to have a licensed Disney Lego Percy Jackson. Seeing as Disney has the right to both the novels and the movie(which is releasing the second movie this summer) it might be cool the release Legos based on this theme i thought it would be cool. Lots of potential.

@samxsteal- I've merged your topic with this one.

Sorry and thank. you took me a while to find it. But this is better. again sorry

Darned Lego is really missing out on Star Trek and Doctor Who...

I haven't been tempted to buy non-Lego sets since Ninja Turtles (which thankfully they have now).

I'd love to see Lego making Pokemon sets :laugh: Especially now, when Charizard is back in the anime. I guess the sets could appeal to both older and younger Lego fans :classic:

Also, maybe Scooby-Doo Mystery Inc. ? I know that Character Building has the license, but my cousin and probably lots of other children would love it :classic: Looney Tunes would be cool too, I guess...

I don't think you could do justice to Pokemon. I'd want them to be unique minifigures. Not stupid little ugly built things (building is awesome but not for characters most of the time IMO).

That wouldn't be a problem if there wasn't over 640 of the suckers. Probably 800 by the time X and Y come out later this year.

Breaking Bad, Walking Dead and Game of Thrones. And don't tell me that it's not for children because it's my dream, not the dream of children ! :laugh:

As for video game licenses, what about Sonic The Hedgehog? My son is a huge fan of the franchise, but Meccano has the license and it might interfere with Chima because of the anthropomorphic animals.

I'd love to see these licences made into lego:

Bioshock:Infinite

Spawn

Alien

Predator

Valve (half life, portal, team fortress)

Darksiders

Sony (ratchet&clank,sly,jak&daxter,uncharted,god of war,infamous)

Halo

Nintendo (mario, metroid, zelda)

Mass Effect

But If I had to choose my top 3:

Bioshock (1,2 and Infinite)

Valve

Mass Effect

Zelda. Star Trek. Doctor Who.

Character Building in the UK stole Doctor Who and Lego can't get it. Star Trek... well besides the new moving coming out it's pretty old :P. And I think another building thing owns the license. Zelda won't happen because Cuusoo sucks. :)

Character Building is an extension of Character, who've had the Doctor Who license since the show returned, there was no way LEGO where going to get their hands on that.

Indeed there was no stealing involved. The large sets have serious issues but the smaller Tardis exterior and the figures of that range are really impressive and blend and fit in well with Lego's. As much as I'd like to see doctor who Lego. The current owners are doing a bang up job and as it is the only doctor who construction line it will have to do. Besides they are getting better with the sets as time goes on and the figure moulding is fantastic. I prefer Lego for sure but these fit in quite nicely in the place Lego can't go (rather like the trenzalore of building products). The star trek Hasbro stuff is garbage though. The figures look like terrible Lego rip offs at least character's figures look original.

My dream licenses:

1: LOTR sets based on Tolkien's books (Tom Bombadil's Hut? Escape with Glorfindel? )

2: Despicable Me

3: The Hunger Games (again, this is what I WANT.)

4: classic TMNT

5: Percy Jackson and the Olympians

Edited by Tolkien

Breaking Bad, Walking Dead and Game of Thrones. And don't tell me that it's not for children because it's my dream, not the dream of children ! :laugh:

Sign me up for the UCS Red Wedding set!

Back then, I would have said Transformers. However, since hasbro started doing their own thing, Their Kreons (minifigures) have a good and unique style to them. I like em. The sets, are still pretty damned crappy. But then again, I expect Lego would take the whole "rebuilding" route to tackle transformation too, lest one mode ends up looking way worse.

So I guess I'll go with Doctor Who. The license is currently held by Character, the group that makes the action figure. But honestly, it's just a COBI rebrand. Now i have no issue with the COBI quality, but the design is downright bad. The minifigures can barely fit on stairs due to the bad leg design. The way sets are made too, its structurally unstable, and mostly bland looking. At least Hasbro's KREO stuff actually holds up.

Also, I like what Megablocks is doing with Halo. I've got no space for the big sets, but I collect the minifigs. The sculpting there is excellent. Paint is great too.

I would LOVE sets based on the Inheritance Cycle. Farthen Dur would make a really great set, and who doesn't want Saphira, Thorn, Glaedr, Firnen and Shruikan as LEGO!

First of all, sorry if this isn't the place this thread belongs, or if one has been made already.

I was wondering what you guys thought would be good themes that LEGO hasn't picked up yet. I was thinking LEGO WWE (They are both aimed at kids, and it might translate good) and Ghostbusters, which might be becoming a reality due to CUUSOO.

What are your picks?

I'd love it if the Macross Cuuso project actually got released as it would be the closest to Lego Transformers considering Macross made Jetfire.

Also I'd love it if Dragon Ball Z got made into a Lego set although I'm not such a big fan as I used to be the buildings would be brilliant in Lego.

Lego Mario (Highly Unlikely) Yes I'm a huge Mario fan and if they made the levels in Lego that'd be amazing.

Lego Zelda (Again Highly unlikely) Lego would be perfect for Link's adventures and I'd love to own Link and Zelda as mini figures.

Doctor Who yes I know about Character Builder's sets but I mainly buy Lego and whilst I appreciate that they are trying to make their mini figures look different it just doesn't work for me. Also Daleks as Minifigures and a Huge set of one particular type of Dalek (IDK maybe one of the larger elite ones) I just love Daleks and they'd be amazing in the world of Lego.

That's it for now.

First of all, sorry if this isn't the place this thread belongs, or if one has been made already.

This topic has indeed been discussed already; I've merged them together.

Hey, so I've noticed that there are a lot of threads dedicated for future set ideas for themes like Super Heroes, LOTR and Star Wars, but there hasn't been one for the general scope of Disney.

I'm thinking this thread can be a place to talk about the possible LEGO themes that are under the Disney umbrella, but aren't part of any other preexisting property.

For me, I'd love to see some sets based on the upcoming Maleficent film. The movie comes out on July 2, 2014, and it might be the perfect movie to make sets that could appeal to all audiences. Plus, judging from what pictures of the title character we have seen, the possible figures would be immaculate.

I would love to see sets based on classic Disney animation. Aladdin, Jungle Book, Cinderella, Pocahontas.....the list goes on and on.

I'd love to see some Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, etc. minifigs! Maybe a Cinderella castle, a lot of Classic sets.

-Sci

Well, there was a thread like this a while ago, but that one has been dead for some time, so I think it's a good idea to revive this topic.

Yes, a Maleficent theme would be pretty neat. It could be the live-action Disney theme of next year and would allow us to get sets based on a Disney classic, sort of. But of course, sets that are actually based on the old animated Disney films would much better. And I'm not sure how likely a Maleficent theme would be since I don't think they are trying to make it into a film franchise like they were with the previous Disney films we got sets from.

Sets based on Big Hero 6 might be cool too, perhaps as part of the Super Heroes theme.

Another possibility would be a Muppets theme to tie in with Muppets Most Wanted. I for one am not a big Muppets fan and don't know if there is even enough potential for sets, but the sets might sell well due to the everlasting appeal of the characters.

And of course sets based on any past and upcoming Pixar titles would be more than welcome! :grin:

LEGO could definitely maximize their sales from the Disney license if they took advantage of all the material from the classic animated films (Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Aladdin, Little Mermaid, Lion King, Mulan, Jungle Book, the list goes on). They could make two waves of sets a year for a 'Disney Classics' sub theme, with each wave having a variety of sets based on all the different stories. No one wave would be solely focused on a single movie. That way the likelihood of all the classic scenes and characters getting sets is much greater.

With Maleficent, I wouldn't be that surprised if we see sets. Sure, most of the Disney live action stuff has been based on existing franchises (POTC) or hopeful franchise starters (PoP, Lone Ranger), both of which flopped at the box office and have no chance of sequels. So, while they may seem to focus on franchises, they've had more one-off themes than not. And I really think Maleficent will be a movie that lends itself perfectly for LEGO sets when it comes to structures and thematic elements. I can only imagine what some of the castles will look like, along with all the other possible fantasy locations.

Also, part of me just really wants a fig based on Angelina Jolie. Its something that seems so strange and impossible in the world of LEGO, yet there may be a chance. Very cool.

The classic Disney animation (including Little Mermaid, Cinderella etc) is being done as Duplo sets which I suspect LEGO believes will appeal more to the likely audience for these films than would either minifig sets or off-scale sets (i.e. Friends type figs)

That said, there are some items in other sets that are perfect for making classic animation stuff (for example the Genie in the Minifigures line is clearly a rip-off of the Genie from Aladdin)

I'd love to see more classic Disney characters in System form other than Duplo, but it makes sense. It is a good fit for that audience. My daughter has a few of the Duplo princess sets, but she has always been more interested in my LEGO or Friends scale, so it was kind of lost on her (she's only 3, so right within Duplo age range). I think if they released more Fairy Tale characters and/or Classic Disney characters they would sell well, at least in our house. But they would have to be in System scale to appeal to the masses.

It has been nice with the CMF as mentioned above. We get a simile to them without getting a full theme. I guess if they kept doing that it wouldn't be a huge deal. But I don't see a lot of princesses in CMF since they have their unique/iconic dresses that would be required.