Siegfried

Your dream Lego theme

Hi all LEGO fans,

Just wondering what you guys think of turning the number 1 manga in Japan, One Piece, into a licensed LEGO series. I'm a big fan of LEGO as well as One Piece. Seeing this come to life would be a dream come true. Just wanna hear your opinions!

Hi all LEGO fans,

Just wondering what you guys think of turning the number 1 manga in Japan, One Piece, into a licensed LEGO series. I'm a big fan of LEGO as well as One Piece. Seeing this come to life would be a dream come true. Just wanna hear your opinions!

Despite LEGO was originated from Denmark, it seems that LEGO concentrate more on famous works from America and Europe. I'm not sure if they want to ask Asian publisher or animation studio.

There are two ways: one is that Asian comic/cartoon/movie/drama goes international and famous (eg, Nintendo games), the other is LEGO have established better rerelationships with Asia countries and LEGO would like to give regional licenses (that means you can only buy LEGO One Piece in Japan) or start their Japanese branch (eg, Megabloks Japan).

On the other hand, Japanese cartoons mostly cooperate with their local toy factories (ex, Bandai), we don't know if that the comic publishers or cartoon studios would love to cooperate with foreign toy companies.

Edited by Dorayaki

It Would have some sets Like these

Orc Ambush-7.99$

Includes:1 Peasant,1 Footman and 2 Orcs

Set:It Has a Catapult For Orcs and The Humans Have 1 Camp and campfire.

Undead Caves-12.99$

Includes:1 Cave Spider,2 Ghouls and Arthas (Undead)

Set:It Has a Undead Fortress A Little Cave and A little Secret Hideout for The Undeads.

Human Mines-18.99$

Includes:2 Peasants,1 Spider,1 Red Spider,And 2 Dwarf Miners

I know there arent Dwarfs But think There could be.

Set:Includes a Playable Mine with few Features And 2 Spider Egs

Night Elf Tree Base-25.99$

Includes:3 Archers,1 Druid,2 Wisps and 3 Ents

Set:It Would Have The Mine ofcoruse but With Trees like in the Normal Game,Then The Main Tree on it theres a Little Watchtower you can put 2 Archers In There The Main Tree Can Stand Normal Like in The Game.

you can put Ents Near A tree.And you get a Little Speel Book for The Druid.

Human Barracks-32.99$

Includes:3 Footmans,2 Knights,1 Peasant (Militian Suit),2 Orcs and Mountain King

Set:of Course a Playable Barracks with Features to.A Orc Camp,and a Small Mountain with a tree for The HERO Mountain King lol :sweet:.

Whel This Are my Ideas Hope You Like it :D

I agree, there could be a lot of cool sets to come out of a World of Warcraft theme. Unfortunately, Mega Bloks has got the WoW license already: http://warcraft.megabloks.com/

Although I agree that it's impossible for Lego to get any Warcraft license, please don't mix up the Warcraft strategy games (which is what the topic creator referenced, and they ARE very good games ) with World of Warcraft which came after it.

Warcraft 3 and expansions = Real time strategy games involving lots of micromanagement. Spent years playing it online. Very hard and intricate game.

World of Warcraft = MMO

Edited by SheepEater

I know :cry_sad: But i want Lego Warcarft Sets :sad:

TheJediKnight1, please take the time to capitalize, spell and punctuate properly. Some of your posts have been very hard to read.

One theme that actually seems like a good possibility (and would be a dream come true!) would be Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, since LEGO already has a working relationship with Viacom for the Spongebob theme. A TMNT theme would be great! :thumbup:

I would LOVE a Hunger Games theme, I already have some sets in mind:

Hunting in the Woods [9.99]

Minifigs: Katniss Everdeen, Gale Hawthorne

Set: Tree with cage, and some woodland animals (New molds of squirrels, rabbits etc?)

The Tribute Parade [19.99]

Minifigs: Katniss Everdeen, Peeta Mellark, Cinna, Caesar Flickerman

Set: Chariot with 2 black horses and flames

The Training Center [29.99]

Minifigs: Katniss Everdeen, Peeta Mellark, Marvel, Cato, Seneca Crane

Set: Targets with bow and arrows, Practice dummies, lots of weapons and weights.

The Reaping [59.99]

Minifigs: Katniss Everdeen, Peeta Mellark, Primrose Everdeen, Effie Trinket, Haymitch Abernathy, Peacekeeper x2

Set: Stage with microphone in middle, 2 big glass balls containing lots of 1x1 tiles

The 74th Hunger Games [99.99]

Minifigs: Katniss Everdeen, Peeta Mellark, Marvel, Glimmer, Cato, Clove, Foxface, Rue, Thresh

Set: Modular build. Part 1: Cornucopia with lots of weapons and other items in and around it and 9 starting plates. Part 2: Tree with Tracker Jacker nest in it, and campfire under it. Part 3: Cave where Katniss and Peeta kiss. Part 4: Clearing where Rue gets trapped and then killed. Seperate hovercraft with claw that comes out from the bottom.

Edited by MattieG7

Lego Narnia would be a great addition to Castle collections!

True, but that opportunity has come and gone with the films I'm afraid. Unless there are more Narnia films on the horizon, I can't really see them doing it. :sceptic:

True, but that opportunity has come and gone with the films I'm afraid. Unless there are more Narnia films on the horizon, I can't really see them doing it. :sceptic:

I agree with you on this. There wont be a Narnia film in a while and if there is it might be an indy film. Additionally, the Narnia franchise isn't as profitable as it once was. :sad:

I think a Lego Thundercats theme would be cool. Both the new and 80's show were quite good, and I think that Lego could make a lot of cool sets for them. Besides, I think everyone would love Berbil minifigs.

Above all dream licenses I want (Aside from DC/Marvel heroes, which came true!), I would be ecstatic if they created a James Bond theme. It would fit well with Lego, as long as they edit some of the more...inappropriate things. There's amazing vehicles, exotic locations, and a legion of characters both heroic and villainous. I would gladly pay for a cool Fort Knox attack set, or a boat chase, train fight, heck even a volcano lair. And while the old Agents theme kind of ripped off James Bond, there's still a part of me that hopes a true 007 theme will arrive at some point.

Futurama and the Simpsons.xD Oh, to see a Bender Minifig.XD However, at the same time, these are two things which a part of me would dislike seeing made into Lego themes, because for some reason, it just doesn't seem right. I also would have liked it if the Indiana Jones and PotC themes would have lasted longer...

Edited by lotryay

Dc and Marvel were dream licences for me but i'd like to see a nintendo licence covering everything nintendo related.Especially metroid.If i had to choose 1 nintendo franchise it would be metroid.So many different suits for samus,interesting characters and enemies and lots of key scenes.The best thing they could do would be with each set to give you a corridor piece so when assembled they would look like the map of the game.Starfox would suit lego.Spaceships and a character.Maybe add some kind of planet and BAM! you hit gold!There are many more licences that i'd like to see adapted into lego form but these are at the top of my head.

Edited by Darthkostis

Disney's Oz the Great and Powerful or MGM's original Wizard of Oz would be pretty awesome as a LEGO theme. Just seeing a theme based off the books alone would make me happy though.

Can you imagine what Emerald City would look like in LEGO? :sweet:

Lego Starcraft would be awesome. Terran (humans) and Protoss (aliens) units would be relatively easy to render in Lego form. Zerg (space bugs) would be a bit harder, but not impossible.

What, like Greek mythology and the Cat in The Hat mixed? :wink:

My Dr. Zeuss idea isn't fully baked but I've been reading some of the books with my son and thinking that it would translate well into Lego.

My Dr. Zeuss idea isn't fully baked but I've been reading some of the books with my son and thinking that it would translate well into Lego.

Do you mean Dr. Seuss? He's the author you're probably thinking about. :classic: I'd love Dr. Seuss sets!

Walter made the Greek mythology joke because the Ancient Greeks worshipped a god named Zeus.