Siegfried

Your dream Lego theme

I really want to see a Lego range based on Discworld. The trouble is Lego ranges generally don't stay around long enough for them to still be around in the time between Discworld tvfilms, I guess.

Final Fantasy not so much. The sheer amount of plastic needed to sculpt the hair would cause oil reserves to disappear :p

Final Fantasy not so much. The sheer amount of plastic needed to sculpt the hair would cause oil reserves to disappear :p

You might be right about that! :laugh:

I really want to see a Lego range based on Discworld. The trouble is Lego ranges generally don't stay around long enough for them to still be around in the time between Discworld tvfilms, I guess.

Discworld would be so mag! Which reminds me, I need to get back into that series...where did I put that next book...

You might be right about that! :laugh:

Hey, look at Spongebob and Toy Story. :tongue: Not to mention Hero Factory.*

*No offense to any fans of those lines.

Is it official that LEGO got a license with DC to produce more sets next year? Link.

LegoGalactus

It looks legitimate, but those figures could be customized by others...

We'll see at SDCC :wink:

Alright ! :excited:

Goodness, who's going to ComicCon ? :excited:

This came out of left field, and must be true......Variety article

Bring on ComicCon I say ! :excited:

Quick edit.....

newslego201.jpg

Edited by lightningtiger

Alright ! :excited:

Goodness, who's going to ComicCon ? :excited:

This came out of left field, and must be true......Variety article

Bring on ComicCon I say ! :excited:

Quick edit.....

Gosh, I hope that's true! All of DCU would so fantastic!!!

My dreams are indeed coming true now that DC and Marvel are coming home to Lego. :cry_happy:

Warner Bros owns New Line Cinema and is splitting the cost of The Hobbit with MGM. I mean Peter Jackson is intending to give The Hobbit more childish feel like the book in comparison to the dark theme of Lord of the Rings. It would certainly be on par with Christopher Nolan's Batman movies or the new Harry Potter movie.

Well it would be my dream come true and I'm still hopeful. Combining my absolute 2 favorite things.

So what are your thoughts?

Warner Bros owns New Line Cinema and is splitting the cost of The Hobbit with MGM. I mean Peter Jackson is intending to give The Hobbit more childish feel like the book in comparison to the dark theme of Lord of the Rings. It would certainly be on par with Christopher Nolan's Batman movies or the new Harry Potter movie.

Well it would be my dream come true and I'm still hopeful. Combining my absolute 2 favorite things.

So what are your thoughts?

I'm really hoping that LEGO has a broader contract with the WB to produce movie-related sets and I'm really really hoping, like you, that they'll do a Hobbit series.

The whole batman/DC thing just shows you should never say never. :laugh:

And back on topic: Another theme I would love to see would be a Western Theme but based on famous western movies. I know it sounds silly, but can you just see Rooster Cogburn, the Lone Ranger, or Preacher from Pale Rider in Lego. :laugh:

i think all lego licenses are good.

brands,stickers,minifigures from realworld or tv,comics,books etc. are always nice for me.

maersk night train.

without the maersk blue and maersk brand name it would sell less.

or a batman set.

you cant sell your own story sets as much as batman sets..

so my point is i'm open for every lego licenses!

I would like to see LOTR or Tolkien theme....Just imagine all those new characters....I

would like to see POTC theme running in 2012 too.

Edited by nindja10

I'm shocked that nobody has suggested this yet: a My Little Pony license! :cry_happy: Just imagine all the great ponyfigs they could make!! :wub:

Nah, just kidding. :laugh: Not that Hasbro would ever let Lego make money off of their ideas. :hmpf:

Back on topic, I guess now that SDCC is over, any chances for a Tintin theme are dead. :sadnew: Although there is still hope, if the movie does well, but I'm not holding my breath.

It would be interesting if they made sets for Pixar's next movie, Brave, but it's not as much an obvious seller as Toy Story or Cars, and they might be too busy making The Avengers sets at the time. :sceptic: We'll see.

And of course it would be amazing if they would revive the Last Airbender theme to make Legend of Kora sets! :sweet: Although even that doesn't seem too likely. But then again, Harry Potter and Batman have made their miraculous returns too, so you never know.

I saw Back To The Future in here and couldn't agree more. God, I would love that.

Mega Man would work too. Anyone remember Mega Man from the NES? What a great series.

I saw Back To The Future in here and couldn't agree more. God, I would love that.

Was just going to say that! Apart from that, maybe some Star Trek things, and my life would be complete! (Talk about overstating :laugh: ) Another thing that I think is a good idea is visiting old classics that don't need licenses because they're in the public domain, such as Verne's and Wells' works. Wouldn't a Nautilus be awesome? And we wouldn't even have to pay for the licensing rights, so it wouldn't be as expensive!

Too late for Tintin? There a few toy shows late this year and early next year. Lego could still pull something out of the bag at those.

I've read that there's a new Tarzan movie in the works. A non Disney one. Live action. I think Tarzan could appeal to kids. Any Tarzan story contains action and adventure. Good vs bad. Animals. So it could work in Lego form. Tarzan's tree house would be a good place to start. Another jungle setting. Maybe a crocodile filled river. Then there's the usual port/trading post where scoundrels, hunters, and bounty hunters congregate. Also in Tarzan stories are lost cities and temples, bizarre communities like the ant men and apparently a man sized unicorn sea horse...

There are 26 Edgar Rice Burroughs books and 9 more authorised by Burroughs' estate. Plus almost 90 movie adaptations bearing the Tarzan name. There have been 7 TV series and 4 major theatrical productions. Countless comic books and a smattering of video games. Not to mention all the unofficial and bootleg stuff. Tarzan is a huge area of interest and for the most part family friendly. If Lego are looking for an idea to move their adventurers to next then Tarzan's jungle is perfect.

Reading your post about Tarzan reminded me of all the fantastic possibilities for Disney sets. Lego should really do a "Classic Disney" line and release sets from their vast selection of animated and live-action features. There's a gold mine of possibilities for Disney.

I caught some old school WWF on YouTube the other day. A Macho Man Randy Savage (RIP) or Hulk Hogan minifig would rule.

Disney won't issue licenses unless they intend to release a movie related to it. So, we won't have a tarzan theme unless there is a sequel or remake coming. Etc.