goatman461

Episode XIII: Setting of the Black Sun

shadowsofeurobricks_titlecard.png

30598085272_1f32ce510a_b.jpg[

30571068405_05064dceba_t.jpg Lord Vader, we've been able to identify Black Sun assets in six systems that could spoil our plans against Xizor. Our teams are ready. Do we have your permission to strike?

30483121101_64d4143a22_t.jpg Leave none alive.

30385467891_e5404ce32a_b.jpg

Orders just came in, boys. Let's move out!

30571068715_af9da67c4a_t.jpg Sir, our teams have actionable intel on Black Sun vigos in six systems. We are ready to move in on your command, sir.

30483120641_b6e46a5253_t.jpg It's not an order I like to give, but the Alliance itself is at stake. Deploy your troops, Captain. 

medium.DSC_0048.JPG.6bde8f4fad36d3203dd7

The goal for each side is to show their agents acting covertly to capture or kill targets on each of the controlled planet. This could force the rebels to get their hands dirtier than they're used to, and force the Imperials to question the loyalty and motives of those around them... 

The Rules:

• Both factions must quietly nullify Black Sun operatives on each of the following planets: 
    • Empire:
      • Tatooine
      • Naboo
      • Hapes
      • Kuat
      • Commenor
      • Bespin
    • Alliance:
      • Hoth
      • Sullust
      • Fondor
      • Ord Mantell
      • Mon Calamari
      • Bothawui

• Each faction must build separate entries on every planet [controlled by their faction] above (fly-bys do not count). Multiple planets can be depicted, but the target planet must be predominately featured and identified in the title, as specified below.
  • All entries must be posted as a new topic in the Nar Eurbrikka subforum, the title prefixed by, "[SoNE Ep. XIII]" and the Planet depicted (For example, "[SoNE Ep. XIII] Bespin - Black Sun Shakedown") If your build takes place across multiple planets, only the planet identified in your title will be credited towards your faction. The appropriateness, accuracy, and creativity involved in your interpretation of the identified planet will weigh heavily in the points you are rewarded.
  • All rules in the Core Rules topic apply unless otherwise stated in this explanation or the rules above.
  • There are no restrictions on the size/form/content of the builds, as long as they follow the above described goals.
  • The Episode will run from November 1st to December 1st. As long as it is still December 1st somewhere in the world, you can still enter. 
  • Entries posted after the deadline will be disqualified from the episode and will not be eligible to receive points or XP.
  • Entries will be judged according to the Core Rules:
    • Your build will be scored in two stages, to make it easier on the judges by lessening the number of builds that must be scored in greater detail:
      • In the first stage, the judges will award a score from 1-10, with a '1' being "Minifig on a Plate", a '5' being "Your Average MOC" and a '10' being "Flawless Concept and Execution".
      • In the second stage, the top five builds of each faction (so ten in total) from the first stage will be scored based on basic predetermined criteria: up to 10 points for the concept and appropriateness to the objective, up to 25 points for your execution of the build, and up to 5 points for your presentation of the entry.
      • If we don't have more than 10 players per team, we will skip the second round of judging. That means both teams need at least 10 players for the second round to happen.
      • For builders who make it to the second stage, their second stage total is added to their first stage points, and that total is divided by two and a half. You can earn a maximum of 20 points in each episode.
    • The amount of points you earn is also the amount of XP your character earns.
  • This episode/contest is open to all players of Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka, even if they joined EB or signed up for the game after the episode has begun, with the exception of the Star Wars staff, who are not eligible to win XP or prizes; the EB admins and moderators, who are not eligible to win prizes but may earn XP; and the episode host, who is not eligible to win prizes but may earn XP. Neither can they partake in discussions about what the clue parts of the other faction would be or about what the hidden model could look like!
  • All entries must be new creations, not posted anywhere else prior to being entered in the episode. You may be asked by a staff member to change your entry if it is too similar to an earlier creation.
  • All entries must be built from real LEGO or with Lego Digital Designer. No clone brands, no third-party custom parts.
  • Post pictures no larger than 1000x720, as specified in the EB Member Guidelines.
  • You may do a 'full-blown photo edit' with all the text, effects, background compositing, support erasing, and other effects on one picture. All your other pictures may have no editing other than color adjustment or background removal for a solid-color background. For obvious reasons, any photo editing that changes the shape, functionality, or color (not tint or adjustment, but actual color) of a LEGO piece is prohibited,.
  • All entries are considered WIPs (Works In Progress) until the deadline passes. Until the deadline has passed, you are allowed to change and improve your MOC.

The Prizes:

• The winning faction will be determined by adding the following: 
    • the faction's highest score on each planet;
    • the number of faction builders submitting a qualifying build;   
    • -10 times any faction planet not featured
  • All the players on the winning faction will receive this tag 30113710974_29a2623050_o.jpg (tag subject to change) to commemorate their victory. You can only have one of these tags or one of the Community Build tags at a time, but a log will be kept of all the tags you've earned in your profile in the Player Index.
  • The winning team will get to choose a planet to take control of. The winning team must pick a planet that is currently controlled by the opposite team.
  • The player who receives the most total individual points, regardless of team, is guaranteed a spot among the next set of the blog's Showcased MOCs. (This member must still be able to provide a picture big enough and of suitable quality to be used in the Showcased banner.)
  • You will receive XP equal to the number of points you are awarded from the judges.

Yes, we are happy to have goatman running this episode! Let's show them that we can finally break our loosing streak Rebels!

Awesome!! A new episode! And a new gamemaster, nice one Goatman!! :thumbup: :classic:

Just to make sure we're clear. The Rebellion has to get rid of the Black Sun vigos on the Empire planets as well?

Haha, great! I was wondering when the next episode would start! One month is a tight schedule for me, but I'm determined to enter nevertheless. :grin:

3 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Let's show them that we can finally break our loosing streak Rebels!

Quoted for truth. Save the rebellion! Save the dream!

/* Kicking it off with my 100th post, I see? Guess I've gotta enter now :laugh:

Edited by Cody Startale

5 hours ago, WickNole said:

Oh wow!

Really like the episode, and really like the new gamemaster. :wink:

3 hours ago, Zaael said:

Awesome!! A new episode! And a new gamemaster, nice one Goatman!! :thumbup: :classic:

Just to make sure we're clear. The Rebellion has to get rid of the Black Sun vigos on the Empire planets as well?

The episode was Lucas's idea, our other new gamemaster, I'm just the one that typed it up, but I'm glad y'all seem to like it. 

No, the Rebels only have to build on their 6 held planets

• Alliance:
    • Hoth
    • Sullust
    • Fondor
    • Ord Mantell
    • Mon Calamari
    • Bothawui

...and the Empire has to build on their 6

• Empire:
    • Tatooine
    • Naboo
    • Hapes
    • Kuat
    • Commenor
    • Bespin

I'll edit the rules to try to make that more clear

A little question: are 2nd stage (if both factions get to 10 builders) scores used for the first bit of the formula?

On 11/2/2016 at 4:12 AM, goatman461 said:
  • The winning faction will be determined by adding the following: 
    • the faction's highest score on each planet;
    • the number of faction builders submitting a qualifying build;   
    • -10 times any faction planet not featured

3 hours ago, Zaael said:

A little question: are 2nd stage (if both factions get to 10 builders) scores used for the first bit of the formula?

Yes

About 10 hours left to go. So far 9 Rebel builds on 5 planets and 8 Empire builds on 5 planets. Be sure to post your final posts by 11:59 American Samoa time (last time zone in the day).

Ep. XIII is now closed. Looks like both sides got ten builds posted and covered all the planets. Judging has started and we hope to get y'all results ASAP. Thanks for filling the forum with a lot of great builds. 

The 11 Rebel and 11 Imperial covert operations against the Black Sun have been successfully completed. With an overall score of 104, the Empire was more successful at spreading it's assets across the galaxy and eliminating the criminal syndicate. At 83 points, the Rebellion did complete it's mission on all of it's planets, but two of the most successful teams were stationed on Sullust, so their highest scores were not distributed as efficiently.

The Rebel's total score was 11 participants + 18 + 16 + 4 + 13 + 6 + 15 = 83

The Empire's total score was 11 participants + 7 + 19 + 16 + 18 + 16 +17 = 104

Spoiler

Bothawui WickNole 17.8
Fondor Zaael 16.1
Sullust Ninja Nin 14.6
Sullust Jannik 14.1
Mon Calamari Cody Startale 13.2
Ord Mantell TTROOPER 6.0
Bothawui MKJoshA 5.7
Hoth Forresto 4.0
Mon Calamari Brickmasterben11 2.7
Ord Mantell MontyPython 2.7
Fondor Green Rhubarb 2.0

Commenor Goatman461 19.2
Kuat LucasLaughing 17.7
Tatooine Merc4Hire 17.3
Hapes Puvel 16.3
Naboo Artizan 15.5
Bespin Kodan Black 7.0
Naboo Commander Beltar 6.7
Bespin Thebeeze111 4.7
Tatooine Tariq 4.3
Hapes Mads Heering 3.7
Naboo Brickwolf 3.7

Congratulations to the Empire. Let us know below if you want the new tag 30113710974_39acff79e1_t.jpg (I would like one, please) and start discussing which Rebel planet you would like to take in the secret PM. Your choices are:

• Hoth
  • Sullust
  • Fondor
  • Ord Mantell
  • Felucia
  • Mon Calamari
  • Bothawui

Thanks Lucas for coming up with the idea for this episode and letting me write it up. And thank you to everybody that posted builds or just enjoyed the forum.

Enjoy your holidays and work on some Bounty Hunter builds and Freebuilds. We probably won't have another episode start until at least January, but we'll try to keep you posted.

I'll take the tag please.

Thanks for the great challenge and the fast judging. Congrats to all the builders, some really fantastic and creative entries. Nice to see the individuality while keeping to the SW feel.

Great fast judging on the judges part! It's a been great contest, since there were so many planets to choose from we had an amazing array of entries.

Congratulations to the Empire. Thanks for running this episode Goatman and LucasLaughing! It was fun one!! I'm excited to see where the story takes us next.

Fantastic contest with a lot of great builds to look at and lots of intruiging stories to read. Congratulations to the Empire; I really would have liked to see our team victorious this time around, but your outcome ahead of us was well deserved with a lot of impressive builds. Personally, I am very satisfied with the results, I honestly didn't see me score that highly and it was a pleasant surprise which encourages me that my approach to the game is a good one even though I don't feel like a very good builder.

Great work from everyone involved! I am looking forward to the next chapter, plot-wise it really feels like the stakes are being raised with hunting down the Black Sun and such!

I'd like the tag please!

This has got to be one of the fastest judging of an episode that I've seen, so thanks to the judges! There were also great builds all around, from both sides. Thanks for hosting this episode! Perhaps since there won't be an episode for awhile, I'll try to catch up on some freebuilds.

~Beltar