dimnico

[MOC] Jabba's Favourite Decoration

Hi guys, here is a little MOC I put together. 

29769737133_6e8702929d_c.jpgIMG_20161014_164521 by dimitrinicomanis, on Flickr

I had a few spare bits lying around and had recently acquired a Tauntaun so I thought I would put it to good use! 

29770844104_8529296490_c.jpgDSC_1899 by dimitrinicomanis, on Flickr

29770846314_5eec06b763_c.jpgDSC_1942 by dimitrinicomanis, on Flickr

I wanted to make this as movie accurate as possible so that is why the colour palette on this build is more grey, to reflect the night time setting of the scene, rather than the traditional tan colours of Jabba's Palace. I should point out the gungan head isnt movie accurate but I put that in for a bit of fun!

30104191980_da55216dae_c.jpgIMG_20161014_192613 by dimitrinicomanis, on Flickr

However I did also build a tan version using parts from the Jabba's Palace and Mos Eisley official sets. 

29770843594_0053502c24_c.jpgIMG_20161009_221534 by dimitrinicomanis, on Flickr

Which do you prefer, tan or grey? 

Hope you enjoy and as always any feedback, advice or suggestions for new MOCs are always welcome! 

I think the choice to go with grey fits a lot better than the tan. The tan version is a lot brighter and doesn't have the same polish as the grey version built. Nice work

28 minutes ago, Mutant Orc said:

I think the choice to go with grey fits a lot better than the tan. The tan version is a lot brighter and doesn't have the same polish as the grey version built. Nice work

Thanks mate, I think I agree with you! 

Looks very good! Its simple at first glance, but very well composed and the skylights do a great job making it look just like in the movie :classic: I really like how lighting, colours and the different surface structures work together!

Also bonus credits for that little trophy on the right hand side :wink:

I like the gray version much more.  While technically the wall might actually be tan, the gray replicates the lighting from the movie much better.

I just love it - exactly the the size and style I love for  a MOC like this.  The lighting effects really look fantastic, but I'd also love to see the tan version attached to Jabba's Palace.  I'd also completely forgotten about Jabba's stuffed Taun Taun head!

On 11/1/2016 at 6:55 PM, Bley Harvest said:

Looks great!  I agree that the grey looks better and more accurate.  Is the Gungan head a Disney Infinity reference?

Haha! No its not but I like your thinking! I just thought if Jabba was going to have anyones head stuffed on the wall then for me the only choice would be poor old Jar-Jar!