Bonaparte

EB Event 2017 - Dates and Location

When: Sunday 23rd of April till Tuesday 25th of April 2017 (travel days are Saturday and Wednesday).
Where: Gunzburg, Southern Germany

More info later...

EDIT 29-12-2016: 

It seems that we'll need to look into other dates, so don't make any arrangements for the ones I posted before.

Right! Into the calendar it goes. Time to get to a Eurobricks event outside of Billund!

Are signups up? I am super excited to go and hang out with you all again!!

Sign-ups will start later.

Holodoc has confirmation that the place where we usually stay is free, so next is working out a booking system for our group.

And we need to start working on the program details, but you can count on a visit of Legoland Gunzburg and most probably a visit to the beautiful City of Munich (which also has many Lego stores incl. an official brand store).

The dates are indeed bad, right after Easter which marks the end of a rather busy period for me. Have a feeling I might have to skip this one, but we'll see. :cry_sad:

Well, I guess I might have to skip this one, too. :cry_sad: Which is a shame, with the event being so close to my family's place in Germany. A week later would have been perfect.. *hint* :look:
(also that new way of doing Saturday to Wednesday is VERY weird...)

My mom might want to take part though :classic:

Now to see if I can convince he wife we should hit up Legoland that weekend!

It would be an easier sell if this was on Saturday. Hopefully our kids school is out that week.

Edited by Poisso3
Hit post too soon.

9 hours ago, Rolli said:

(also that new way of doing Saturday to Wednesday is VERY weird...)

I thought the same thing... But good to know the date!

How would it work to come to part of the event but not all? I live 45 minutes away and my wife's grandmother lives at Guenzburg, so it'd be a shame not to at least come and say hi. While I'd love to come to everything, and will see if it's possible, I'm not sure it will be yet, so it'd be nice to know if that'd work. 

Check! Thanks for the heads-up!

Any particular reason for the new Sunday - Wednesday setup?

21 minutes ago, Jim said:

Check! Thanks for the heads-up!

Any particular reason for the new Sunday - Wednesday setup?

We had put the agendas of myself, Copmike and Holodoc next to each other, and turned out there are very few slots in the timeframe April-May that work for the 3 of us (especially for Mike and me). And we were avoiding holiday periods in Germany because then the park will be very crowded. 

But based on the feedback so far I started to look into other possible dates with Mike/Holodoc, but no conclusion yet.

1 minute ago, Bonaparte said:

We had put the agenda's of myself, Copmike and Holodoc next to each other, and turned out there are very few slots in the timeframe April-May that work for the 3 of us (especially for Mike and me). And we were avoiding holiday periods in Germany because then the park will be very crowded. 

But based on the feedback so far I started to look into other possible dates with Mike/Holodoc, but no conclusion yet.

Makes sense!

I'm cool with this setup and period, so no worries. Good luck planning the event. 

Well, I guess that's the first event I have to skip then :( One week later would have been perfect but on that weekend my brother is going to get married and coming for only one or two days will not be possible with the small one :/ 

See you in Billund the year after that then I guess ;) 

Cheers, Dana 

10 hours ago, Aredhel said:

Well, I guess that's the first event I have to skip then :( One week later would have been perfect but on that weekend my brother is going to get married and coming for only one or two days will not be possible with the small one :/ 

See you in Billund the year after that then I guess ;) 

Cheers, Dana 

Dana, we are still looking for alternatives for the dates, but no final conclusion yet.

6 hours ago, Bonaparte said:

Dana, we are still looking for alternatives for the dates, but no final conclusion yet.

Ok then I'll keep myself updated :)

That's great for LEGO fans. But to my mind the main event of 2017 is the forthcoming opening ceremony of the LEGO House in Billund as the Park will be 50. Don't you know how to win a ticket there?

I wish you success.

Dammit, I'm going to have to miss this event then as the 23rd is my final day off of uni. :sad:

On 8.11.2016 at 11:01 AM, Staslegomaster said:

Billund as the Park will be 50.

49 :) 

Opened in June 1968.

But the Eurobricks event is a relaxing and social event with lot's of fun <3

Looking forward to it already!!! Last year was our first eurobricks event to go to and it was brilliant. Count us in for sure!

Something's come up for that weekend, so it seems I might have to do what I did this year and arrive late on the Sunday. Still going to try to make it there though!