Montoya's last location: Nova Terreli, Nellisa

During his visit to Terreli, a disconcerting letter arrived from Lady Elysabeth on Isla de Victoria.

My dear Lord Montoya,

Ever since that duel, I have regarded you as a friend of my house. Though the relations between our two nations have coolled down, which has made our contacts less fequent, I still regard you as an ally of mine. Undoubtly, you have heard of the recent military actions taken by my nation. I myself am fighting in the frontlines, and I can say you: the fighting is heavy. We still encounter more Mardierans every day, and recently our scouts have heard rumours of not one, but three Mardieran settlements. These are heavily protected, and the casualties at both sides are high. Tough I know that your nation view us as the agressors, and have taken steps in the blue direction, this is about human lives. Since I know from first hand experience the wonders your medical knowledge can achieve, I hereby ask you, no beg you, to come help me.

Yours sincerely,

Elysabeth

30658610216_2ac2752794_c.jpg

Therefore, Montoya has lead a group of medical and surgical gentlemen of the Royal Society of Natural Philosophy on a mercy mission to bring Corlander medical knowledge to the battlefield.

30578617222_7b027f26ce_c.jpg

Principally against getting involved in politics, the mercy mission is treating all casualties, regardless of nationality, without prejudice. Only the nature of your injury will decide your treatment.

30658609866_26b237436a_c.jpg

Montoya is leading the mission, and has been joined by several surgeons and physicians, as well as his research assistant, young Mr. Baker.

30578616652_2e3bf1d7ae_c.jpg

While mainly a mission of compassion and mercy, the chance to further the medical sciences through hands-on experimentation and the ability to test the newest treatments might also have helped motivation. After all, why not take this chance to improve the world for generations to come?

C&C is, as always, welcome! :)

Excellent MOC! I would say this was a lovely scene, but the subject matter and casualties prevent that. We have needed an update from Isla de  Victoria, and this build reminds us of the costs of war.

The scene is well designed; I especially like the creek flowing through it, with the planks across it for a small bridge. And there is quite the assortment of medical devices scattered throughout this build (alas, a saw counts as a medical device!); it takes some time to see it all. I'm glad to see the Society is helping as it can!

A thank you to all the doctors and aid workers, and a :thumbup: to this MOC.

*Only two days after the founding of the hospital, Elysabeth herself walks in, left arm smeared with blood. While a surgeon treats her arm, she thanks Lord Montoya

My dearest Lord,               You can not believe how gratefull I am for your help. That's good men dying over there. Ah! Be carefull when stitching wounds, damned! Sorry mylord. If there's anything we can do in return...      

-----

Great job Bregir!   

Edited by TitusV

A great way to get in on the action without compromising yourself, eh? :poke:  It's neat how many different aspects you've showed here.  Some of those "beds" look less than comfy though...

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:04 PM, Capt Wolf said:

Excellent MOC! I would say this was a lovely scene, but the subject matter and casualties prevent that. We have needed an update from Isla de  Victoria, and this build reminds us of the costs of war.

The scene is well designed; I especially like the creek flowing through it, with the planks across it for a small bridge. And there is quite the assortment of medical devices scattered throughout this build (alas, a saw counts as a medical device!); it takes some time to see it all. I'm glad to see the Society is helping as it can!

A thank you to all the doctors and aid workers, and a :thumbup: to this MOC.

Thank you, Capt Wolf - I entirely agree that we often forget that war isn't (just) a game. And this is one of my first builds in a while with so much focus on landscaping, so I am happy you like it. Finding the tools of the trade was quite a challenge, but I found some stuff here and there! :pir-blush:

The Royal Society aims to help those in need of aid. (But is run on donations... *cough cough*)

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:07 PM, TitusV said:

*Only two days after the founding of the hospital, Elysabeth herself walks in, left arm smeared with blood. While a surgeon treats her arm, she thanks Lord Montoya

My dearest Lord,              

You can not believe how gratefull I am for your help. That's good men dying over there. Ah! Be carefull when stitching wounds, damned! Sorry mylord. If there's anything we can do in return...      

-----

Great job Bregir!   

Thanks, Titus! I am sure both the Society and Corrington will be happy if only you remember that we came to your aid in your time of need.

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:11 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Aaah, rum and sawing. The pinnacle of modern surgery! Gruesome but well depicted!

One can only hope that the shock of the wound makes one oblivious to the pain of being sawed in!

But yes, the gruesome conflict between Eslandola and Mardier is taking its toll on the lives of those poor soldiers. Wars are fought by young men, on the orders of the old...

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:46 PM, Sir Stig said:

Great scene. Nice effect with  the upside down bush on the palm.

Thank you, sir. I am pretty sure that isn't my design, though. Just cant remember where I saw it first. :pir-tongue:

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:48 PM, Kai NRG said:

A great way to get in on the action without compromising yourself, eh? :poke:  It's neat how many different aspects you've showed here.  Some of those "beds" look less than comfy though...

How typical of an Eslandian to look for egoistic motives for everything! :pir-hmpf: I will let it be known that the Society is there not for the sake of the generals or politicians who started this war, but for the soldiers who are fighting it.

And thanks - with the scale minifigs give us, the medical knowledge at the time, and the lego-tools available, it took some thinking to fill up! And none of these beds are meant to be comfy. They are, in the best Corlander manner, meant to be utilitarian! :wink: Afterall, this is a mobile field hospital, which is moving with the fronts. (although they do not seem to have been moving for quite some time... :grin:)

Just now, Bregir said:

Thanks, Titus! I am sure both the Society and Corrington will be happy if only you remember that we came to your aid in your time of need.

A lady of Drondil always pays her debts! Just call out! :wink: 

Excellent scene indeed! It proves doctors are there to save lives, no matter what empire they come from.

Lots of nice details, bandages all around, walking aids for the amputees, screaming faces, alcohol for the recovering young one and the the blood in the river is clever too.

There seem to be a lot of hands cut off though, are those kept on ice for future 'experiments'? *huh*

A really well done scene, the minifig posing is superb! Good to see the Royal Society doing such great work!

I've just discovered this built and I like it very much...

All is here : a nice field of experiment and vanguard medicine in progress... what more to ask for :devil:

Another scene that should be ARRR rated (you gonna love that joke once I've made it a few dozen times). But war is a nasty business and we should have the courage to show the world (of Halos) where their bananas and pineapples come from and how people suffer to secure the maintenance of their supplies.