Hi there guys, I havent posted in a while but thats not because I haven't been building, I have just been away with work! I have a couple of builds to share with you starting with this...

29762767034_6885b2b159_c.jpg

It is my recreation of the final scenes from Revenge of the Sith. As with all my MOCs I have kept this on a 16x16 base. 

Here it is in comparison to the actual scene from the film...

29762767784_f5af19431f_c.jpg

30597065301_37e06f7bec_c.jpg

Quite a fun build this, especially making the Death Star look like it is in the early stages of construction. 

29762779184_b7c08bc56a_c.jpg

And I loved the fact I could use the new style Vader and Tarkin (From A-Wing vs Tie Advanced set) as I think they are two really good looking mini figs. 

29761332943_f47a4491a4_c.jpg

I took the figures off for these shots to show the detail on the panelling.

29761330843_5222dee821_c.jpg

30357021266_9e64e4f7c3_c.jpg

Finally, It is impossible to resist a selfie! 

30648471796_92016ffefd_c.jpg

As always I hope you enjoy and any feedback would be greatly appreciated! 

More builds on the way!

Edited by dimnico

Great work on the forced perspective of the Death Star for such a small scale MOC. Keep it up!

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys! 

30 minutes ago, frikandeloorlog said:

Great job!, What made you pick this particular scene from the movie?

I went for this particular scene for a number of reasons really. First of all with all the Rouge One buzz flying about I thought it would be good to go back to where the Death Star started! Second it is such an iconic moment in the prequel trilogy and thirdly after looking at the scene I thought it would lend itself to a lego recreation quite nicely!

I am currently building another iconic image from the prequels - stay tuned!  

Ah yes! Great capture of the source material. Actually just a few seconds later comes my favorite SW shot ever (attached). Anyway good job, looks nice:thumbup:

imgres-2.jpg

Love this MOC. The space debris around the DS is a great touch. Definitely one of the more chilling scenes in the PT, IMO. Just knowing how bad the next 19 years will be....

13 hours ago, strider117 said:

Ah yes! Great capture of the source material. Actually just a few seconds later comes my favorite SW shot ever (attached). Anyway good job, looks nice:thumbup:

imgres-2.jpg

13 hours ago, Cpt. Dan said:

Love this MOC. The space debris around the DS is a great touch. Definitely one of the more chilling scenes in the PT, IMO. Just knowing how bad the next 19 years will be....

Thanks guys! 

Strider117 - I missed a trick by not taking that screen shot as a photo! 

Wow very cool, love the death star in the background! I especially enjoy the emperor's face for the selfie :grin:

Absolutely lovely! You did great, it's instantly recognizable. Also, I somehow love how the Lego Death Star instantly reminds me of the one in the Star Wars Atari games back in the days:

http://www.atarimania.com/8bit/screens/death_star_battle.gif

Edited by Cody Startale

Neat scene! Perhaps some more lights on the under-side of the control panels would make them more accurate but otherwise, good job! :thumbup: It's an excellent use of the new figures. 

On 11/3/2016 at 8:05 PM, BobThePom said:

Neat scene! Perhaps some more lights on the under-side of the control panels would make them more accurate but otherwise, good job! :thumbup: It's an excellent use of the new figures. 

Thanks! I have updated this with more lights and changed the scene to show Kylo Ren watching the starkiller base fire. I will post the pics soon! 

On 11/3/2016 at 4:21 PM, The Architect said:

Very nice! It's refreshing to see such a beautiful small MOC from time to time! The attention to detail is second to none.

Thank you so much! I love building at this scale 1) because its a fun challenge to see what you can achieve in a limited amount of space and 2) more importantly my flat isnt that big and my wife doesnt want huge mocs taking up all the space ;)

7 hours ago, Lfm55 said:

Old topic but i really love your Moc!

That pixel art DS is wonderful

Thanks so much! If you check out @legodimnico on Instagram you'll find a lot more of my recent work!

D

Looks great! It be much better if you had a dark grey Tarkin though!

11 hours ago, Reaper said:

Looks great! It be much better if you had a dark grey Tarkin though!

11 hours ago, razmo said:

Nice work, I really love it !

12 hours ago, Jerry McGlade said:

Very nice, the red pieces are not quite the right colour. They should be beige but after that, fantastic!

Thanks guys! Its funny to get messages about this build as it's almost two years old now! I think my skills have vastly improved since then but I am glad you still like it! If you want to check out some of my more recent builds check out @legodimnico on Instagram! 

Thanks

Whoa, I hadn't seen this one before, but it really gave me some inspiration!
Wonderful idea and good work!

- Samppu