Thanks DugaldlC and Legorigs

22 hours ago, Legorigs said:

Looks great. Only thing is that there should be some dark gray in it. 

001-a-team-tribute-van-for-sale-.jpg

Yeah, there are a few inaccuracies in the model, the biggest one being the DBG on the top of the van. Funds are a bit tight ATM so I had to work with what I had, thus DBG was out. Actually I don't think the shaping would have been as good if I used another colour.

Other issues: the elevation of the red stripe should have started after the front door not the side door, the stripe should have been thinner (half beam) across the front and side, the front lights should have a split through the middle and been a bit smaller, the spoiler should have a gap etc etc. 

What I concentrated most on was the shaping of the van, and included details where possible. Sometimes accurate detailing didn't come across well in technic form (or simply didn't work), so I modified it where necessary.

It's still very much a learning process, but I'm having a lot of fun with this new hobby :classic:.

Sorry, that went on longer than I meant it too...

Edited by Chade

I know the original A team van was mostly grey which many confused for black. This is such a great moc i'm sure we will forgive you for not using grey. For lego, I don't think the grey would work. I vote for Hall of Fame.

H

On 05/11/2016 at 1:13 AM, Legorigs said:

The van still looks great, though. Even for beiing that innacurate :wink:

:laugh::laugh:

12 hours ago, BusterHaus said:

I really like this build, it has a great shape and is instantly recognizable. Very good work! 

Thanks BusterHaus

8 hours ago, Horace T said:

I know the original A team van was mostly grey which many confused for black. This is such a great moc i'm sure we will forgive you for not using grey. For lego, I don't think the grey would work. I vote for Hall of Fame.

H

I don't think it's quite at HoF standard, but thanks very much for the mention!

Great job on all the functions and having all of the motors hidden away so nicely. I liked the video too. Fun stuff !

On 06/11/2016 at 11:20 PM, Lox Lego said:

Great job on all the functions and having all of the motors hidden away so nicely. I liked the video too. Fun stuff !

Thanks Lox Lego!

Another awesome MOC. It's pleasure to see some sort of evolution of your MOC!!

Finally your MOC is getting bigger and has more functions along with over 1700++ pieces

1 hour ago, mistakecargo said:

Another awesome MOC. It's pleasure to see some sort of evolution of your MOC!!

Finally your MOC is getting bigger and has more functions along with over 1700++ pieces

Thanks mistakecargo. For a mid-sized model I was shocked when I found out how many parts the van contained.

Oh its an addictive little hobby, its an impressive build not only looks but functions as well.

the build is very well laid out and ingenious certainly on my list for next year, well done..

21 hours ago, brickless_kiwi said:

Oh its an addictive little hobby, its an impressive build not only looks but functions as well.

the build is very well laid out and ingenious certainly on my list for next year, well done..

Thanks for the nice comment brickless, I hope you enjoy the build.

Thanks for the instructions on this great model. I made modification without power doors but with 2 L motors with diff for propulsion and some minor cosmetic changes. 

LEGO Technic GMC Vandura The A-Team Van MOD (Original design by Chade)LEGO Technic GMC Vandura The A-Team Van MOD (Original design by Chade)LEGO Technic GMC Vandura The A-Team Van MOD (Original design by Chade)LEGO Technic GMC Vandura The A-Team Van MOD (Original design by Chade)

Edited by FX6000