alex54

(MOC) Modular street and furniture, because your town deserves so!

Love this topic and all the little details that you've produced! Where did you get the stickers to do your stop sign and the pedestrian crossings from? They look pretty cool!

On 18/12/2016 at 8:40 AM, marvinblue said:

Love this topic and all the little details that you've produced! Where did you get the stickers to do your stop sign and the pedestrian crossings from? They look pretty cool!

Those are not stockers, but printed parts. For the stop, I can't remembered, they came from city sets from the begining of the 2000 years.

And for the pedestrian crossings, they came from a Junior set from 2015 or 2016. I don't know the ref exactly.

On ‎26‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 4:45 PM, alex54 said:

Those are not stockers, but printed parts. For the stop, I can't remembered, they came from city sets from the begining of the 2000 years.

And for the pedestrian crossings, they came from a Junior set from 2015 or 2016. I don't know the ref exactly.

No worries, thanks for that!

Hi Alex54, those trees are absolutely magnificent! I've been going crazy trying to figure out how they're made. Could you give any insight or a tutorial, please? The street looks incredible all around, though!

On 9/27/2018 at 1:10 AM, Coenstegeman said:

Hi Alex54, those trees are absolutely magnificent! I've been going crazy trying to figure out how they're made. Could you give any insight or a tutorial, please? The street looks incredible all around, though!

While I’m obviously not alex54, take a look at the instructions for 10247 Ferris Wheel for the tree build, as he took inspiration from that. It’s the new 5 prong flower stem piece & 1x1 snot bricks.

On 9/29/2018 at 12:07 AM, Vindicare said:

While I’m obviously not alex54, take a look at the instructions for 10247 Ferris Wheel for the tree build, as he took inspiration from that. It’s the new 5 prong flower stem piece & 1x1 snot bricks.

Hey, thanks for replying. I tried that method, but the ones in this thread somehow seem more dense and also smoother at the same time. I am wondering if they are built using all legal techniques. I built my own trees with a little bending of foliage pieces, for instance.

6 hours ago, Coenstegeman said:

Hey, thanks for replying. I tried that method, but the ones in this thread somehow seem more dense and also smoother at the same time. I am wondering if they are built using all legal techniques. I built my own trees with a little bending of foliage pieces, for instance.

Ya know...now that I zoomed in(on the second tree picture) it looks like it’s the new flower stems stuck into those foliage pieces. It also looks like the three stem as opposed to the five used in the Ferris Wheel set. Mystery is how is the core of this built.

On 9/27/2018 at 10:10 AM, Coenstegeman said:

Hello,

Here's a picture t show you how the trees are mad. Like Vindicare said, I use some 5 prong flower stem piece & 1x1 snot bricks (a lot of them for one tree!) on big foliages. You will see how those foliages are attached. Each face of tree is made by twi big foliage, and only one on top. Everything is legal here and doesn't move, it's quite sturdy. Hope that will help you ^^

img_20180930_150601317.jpg

9 hours ago, alex54 said:

Hello,

Here's a picture t show you how the trees are mad. Like Vindicare said, I use some 5 prong flower stem piece & 1x1 snot bricks (a lot of them for one tree!) on big foliages. You will see how those foliages are attached. Each face of tree is made by twi big foliage, and only one on top. Everything is legal here and doesn't move, it's quite sturdy. Hope that will help you ^^

img_20180930_150601317.jpg

Hey, thanks for the picture. Wow, that's a bit more involved than I anticipated... Might have to hop on Bricklink for that. :)

On 10/1/2018 at 1:03 AM, Coenstegeman said:

Hey, thanks for the picture. Wow, that's a bit more involved than I anticipated... Might have to hop on Bricklink for that. :)

Glad to help you. Just tell me if you need more ^^

Hey!

During this time at home because of Covid19, I have decided to create and to change my bus stop.

My first version looks too big and bulky and would like something thinner.

So, after 2 days working on it, I came up with two prototypes : all the pieces are not in the write color for now, I need to buy extra pieces. But before doing that,  I want to share them with you to have some feedback : what is your favorite version?  What do you like or note, how to improve it?

First, some pictures with the 3 iterations. The first version is the white one.

bus_stop_try_01.jpg

bus_stop_try_02.jpg

bus_stop_try_03.jpg

And now, a closer look at one prototype :

bus_stop_try_04.jpg

bus_stop_try_05.jpg

And the last prototype :

bus_stop_try_06.jpg

bus_stop_try_07.jpg

20 hours ago, Chiaroscuro said:

I like the second one better, but change it to have two sitting chairs (like the 3rd one). Good job!

Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated!

I do like the first prototype (far right on 1st pic) the most , as it's less bulky on the overhang part, the roof thickness is just more visually appealing, also the basic seats look fine.

Only thing I'd possibly change is to change the Bus Stop sign to a seperate pole on the sidewalk, right now the signpost is a bit tall, maybe change the top to a Lamp, and the clock below it.

Edited by TeriXeri

I like the second. I like the built seats & the different information screens. It gives a nice sign of life to the stop. 

So, after some tries and tries, I think I have finalised my city furnitures. Good by grey square style ad welcome more parisian style for all :

20200418_102247.jpg

20200418_102217.jpg

It lakes some parts in black (bus station, pedestrian lights), but the spirit is here.

Looks great, I’m especially a fan of the two lamps! Definitely some nice additions to one’s city. And great to see you back by the way! :classic:

I like how you didn't connect your modulars to the road plates as many do (sidewalk tiles).  This makes it so much easier to move them around which I do constantly.