Sign in to follow this  
Capt Wolf

[ESL] MCTC Warehouse in Mooreton Bay

The Merchant’s Colonial Trading Company is always looking to expand its trade connections, and establishing partnerships with other colonial powers in the islands is good for business. As Eslandolan governor of An Holli and a regional director of the MCTC, Willem Guilder reached out to Major Dirk Allcock, Corrington’s military governor of Alicentia and a member of the Royal Society of Natural Philosophy, to see where their interests might meet. After a short correspondence during the summer, an agreement was reached. Major Allcock dispatched a man to Weelond to establish an educational facility, and the “Red School” (as the locals call it) was operational in August of 616.

At the same time, Governor Guilder dispatched Gerrit Leydecker to Alicentia to establish an MCTC office and warehouse facility in Mooreton Bay. A suitable property near the docks was secured, and as of the end of October of 616, the MCTC warehouse is up and running.

01_front.jpg

02_side.jpg

Construction is of local materials, but the design is clearly typical of structures found in Weelond.

Residents of Mooreton Bay find the Eslandolan design somewhat peculiar, with green double doors on the second floor with no balcony!

04_lift.jpg

A small footprint makes financial sense, packing more storage space into a smaller area, and MCTC workers simply hoist barrels and crates up to the second floor loading doors.

03_talking.jpg

One of the local militia comes by to see what all the activity is about.

05_soldier.jpg

Leydecker is still getting settled into his office space on the third floor of the warehouse. He will definitely need more space for shipping records, but he has enough to conduct business.

07_back_top.jpg 

Some additional pics:

06_other_angle.jpg

08_back_full.jpg

This will be licensed as a small commerce property. As always, all C&C welcome.

Edited by Capt Wolf

I really like the Dutch style you are creating for your builds, while still maintaining the local touch in colours. I think this will be very typical of the colonies, where people from all different origins meet and build in their own style with the available material.

The use of the tan brick-bricks with grey and green accents work really well, and the life in the street, with horse cart, soldier, and the crane, as well as the nice interior, really finished the build off perfectly. Should the MCTC be interested in investing in King's Harbour, feel free to contact the Military Governor (me) for an agreement.

That's a really nice warehouse Capt Wolf, and a great addition to Mooreton Bay!

Lots of great details to like, especially the close attention you've paid to some of the details in previous builds in Mooreton Bay - notably the use of the dark tan bricks, the olive green/dark orange/LBG/tan roads (which look way better than mine!).... even my go-to black sloped base! Also I think I recognise that wagon driver...!

Like Bregir I've always admired your Dutch influenced style, and having it blended into Mooreton Bay is quite the honour! The colour scheme works really well, I especially like the green double doors on both floors and the crane for lifting the barrels. Actually the shape reminds me a lot of a Lego Ideas project I have saved in my Flickr favourites of a Dutch canal house (I'd can't access Flickr right now to link it), that I have been meaning to try my hand at replicating. The interior looks great as well, are they dark medium flesh tiles?

All in all a fantastic job, and it's great to have the MCTC represented in Mooreton Bay!

A very nice building you have there Captain Wolf.  I spent 5 minutes admiring it.

Very nice warehouse Capt Wolf, the dark tan profile bricks work really well with the light grey and the green shutters!  Nice interior as well, I like how you included a little office on top!  The second floor doors without a balcony are actually pretty cool. :pir-grin:

Very nice color combo and great facade! Also the interior is thoughtfully planned. now all that is missing is a whole road full of such facades.

12 hours ago, Bregir said:

I really like the Dutch style you are creating for your builds, while still maintaining the local touch in colours. I think this will be very typical of the colonies, where people from all different origins meet and build in their own style with the available material.

The use of the tan brick-bricks with grey and green accents work really well, and the life in the street, with horse cart, soldier, and the crane, as well as the nice interior, really finished the build off perfectly. Should the MCTC be interested in investing in King's Harbour, feel free to contact the Military Governor (me) for an agreement.

Thanks. I always thought Eslandola was a mix of Spanish or Portuguese and Dutch influences, and since most people jump right to the Spanish aesthetics, I wanted to give Weelond a unique yet still Eslandolan look. As my Weelond characters build elsewhere, their design influence spreads! I will contact J. Cooke in the future about opportunities on Cocovia.

12 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

That's a really nice warehouse Capt Wolf, and a great addition to Mooreton Bay!

Lots of great details to like, especially the close attention you've paid to some of the details in previous builds in Mooreton Bay - notably the use of the dark tan bricks, the olive green/dark orange/LBG/tan roads (which look way better than mine!).... even my go-to black sloped base! Also I think I recognise that wagon driver...!

Like Bregir I've always admired your Dutch influenced style, and having it blended into Mooreton Bay is quite the honour! The colour scheme works really well, I especially like the green double doors on both floors and the crane for lifting the barrels. Actually the shape reminds me a lot of a Lego Ideas project I have saved in my Flickr favourites of a Dutch canal house (I'd can't access Flickr right now to link it), that I have been meaning to try my hand at replicating. The interior looks great as well, are they dark medium flesh tiles?

All in all a fantastic job, and it's great to have the MCTC represented in Mooreton Bay!

Thanks! One of the things I've discovered I enjoy greatly in BoBS is inserting other players' sigfigs into my builds or needing to match other players' styles for one reason or another. Since I've always admired your road/ground texturing technique, this was a perfect opportunity to use it. (FYI, I appreciated your attention to the Weelond cobblestone style in your Octoberfest build.) And you should recognize the cart driver, although I couldn't figure out what torso you had used.

And you are correct that the flooring is medium dark flesh tiles. It has become my go-to color for wood floors, as it allows good contrast with brown or reddish-brown furniture, barrels, etc.

9 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

A very nice building you have there Captain Wolf.  I spent 5 minutes admiring it.

Thank you very much! It's a relatively simple structure, but working out the design of the facade was fun, and getting a clean look at the cutaway of the floors and such in the interior took some time, but I like how it turned out.

9 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Very nice warehouse Capt Wolf, the dark tan profile bricks work really well with the light grey and the green shutters!  Nice interior as well, I like how you included a little office on top!  The second floor doors without a balcony are actually pretty cool. :pir-grin:

Thanks! I had cheated on the second story doors concept on an earlier build, using windows instead, so I did it right this time.

8 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Very nice color combo and great facade! Also the interior is thoughtfully planned. now all that is missing is a whole road full of such facades.

Thanks. I think you'll need to talk to Ayrlego about a whole street of facades in Mooreton Bay, but you can check out the Weelond waterfront here.

That facade is very good, the use of arches makes this fit perfectly into the atmosphere!

Edited by TitusV
Typo

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 8:15 PM, Mpyromaxos said:

Nice merchant building! I like very much the exterior architecture with the curves on the edges! :classic:

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 3:46 PM, TitusV said:

That facade is very good, the use of arches makes this fit perfectly into the atmosphere!

Thanks to both of you! The facade's curves were the fun design element for this build

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 4:23 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Charming. I love those green doors (apart from the dutch design) - I only have one pair of them...

Gotta love those green doors. I had a pair from long ago, and recently bought a couple more pairs on bricklink. I keep moving the doors around from build to build. :pir-grin: