FTG Prime

[MOC] Original Trilogy T-65B X-Wing

Hello everyone !

I am very excited to show you a MOC that i've been working for a while and that i really wanted to show you, my new and improved X-Wing.

30444966662_027f4950c4_z.jpg

Now i know there's been a... X-Wing fattigue (for lack of a better term) here, and with such great models as Inthert's or Maciej Szymansk's, i knew i had to live up to those standards, weather or not i did it's up to you, so since i knew i couldn't do this alone so i asked for help from LiLmeFromDaFuture, Kit Bricksto and Inthert to help me out with this model, the result.. what i consider a decent (at best) representation of the iconic ship.

29938961174_669d7c034b_z.jpg

Now, my main goals with this was to use the new windshield piece and to make it look organic into the model itself, i also wanted to give the nose a nicer/smoother look and to give it that nice angle from the nose to the windshield, to keep it as smooth as posible (since i prefer that style of builds), give it the right proportions, keep it minifig scale and to give it the hexagonal shape that the X-Wing it's known for.

30570587095_3a4cc768b4_z.jpg

My all time favorite color scheme for the X-Wing is Luke's so i wanted to get as close as i could to that specific set of colors with my model and throwing some random tan & light bluish gray, some old darker and slightly discoloured pieces,along with newer ones to show wear

29939196774_8f5cc515a5_z.jpg

One mayor thing that was missing from my previous one was a proper targeting monitor, so i made sure to include it this time around, one thing that's easier to note in this pic is the fact that i tried to hide the technic as much as i could, it aint perfect yet but it does the job for the time being.

30534557816_6dae033f36_z.jpg

One big improvement was the back of the fighter, you can see that the main body looks waaay better now and i added some extra greebles there just for the heck of it.

30018617174_5d58747611_z.jpg

And one of the sections i'm the most happiest of it were the 2x2 round brick/mechanism activator is, i used hinge bricks and plates along with tiles to give it that nice outline on the back while keeping the shape, that's an idea that Kit and Inthert gave me and i cannot thank them enought for that.

30271788960_f614279123_z.jpg

I think this picture (the trench run pic as i like to call it) shows the new nose in all it's glory.

And that's pretty much it guys thanks for taking the time to read this, oh wait there's more actually heh, the last time i uploaded a X-Wing quite some people wanted instructions for it, but i didn't make any because that model wasn't the most stable, however i designed this one to be quite sturdy (it's not as solid as a LEGO set but it should do, it's ment to be a display piece anyways) so i'm very happy to announce that for anyone that woul like to build this... well now you can, i made a full PDF file with the actual instructions and some further stuff you need to know about this.

The X-Wing that's on those instructions is a blank looking one (what i mean by that it's that it's mostly if not fully white and with complete red marks) so you can come up with your own color scheme, it can be a Black X-Wing, a member of the Rogue Squadron or even one of the new cool gray X-Wing squads that will be on Rogue One the choice is up to you.

Because it took quite a while to develop this unfortunally the instructions do have a cost they're only $6.50, this can help me develop and fund more awesome builds like this but i'm willing to lower the price if i see that enought of you think it's too high.

You can find the instructions here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Star-Wars-Custom-X-Wing-Fighter-Instructions-/222292473912?

And they will be on the Bricklink MOC page soon ! (i'll post the link when they go up)

Sorry for that huge plug, and thanks again for taking the time to read this, i hope you all like this as much as i do, and huuuugee thanks to Kit,LiL & Inthert for their help

Have a great day and May the force be with you !

-Prime

Edited by FTG Prime

Wow. Even among all the different X-Wing mocs floating around, this has got to be a favorite for system scale. Great execution and looks very accurate to source material. I particularly like the rear end detailing though, very nice.

This is excellent. Completely agree about it being one of the best I have seen in a while among the several coming out. 

I noticed some arm printing on Luke. Waterslides? They look great if so. 

13 hours ago, strider117 said:

Wow. Even among all the different X-Wing mocs floating around, this has got to be a favorite for system scale. Great execution and looks very accurate to source material. I particularly like the rear end detailing though, very nice.

Thank you so much man glad you liked it !

9 hours ago, ProvenceTristram said:

What's the part count?

726 without stand (The X-Wing itself), 825 pieces with stand

4 hours ago, Cpt. Dan said:

This is excellent. Completely agree about it being one of the best I have seen in a while among the several coming out. 

I noticed some arm printing on Luke. Waterslides? They look great if so. 

That is very nice of you ! thanks !

Nope that's a painted W.I.P Pilot Luke :)

3 hours ago, frikandeloorlog said:

You can see you spend a lot of time on the details. It is one of the best x-wings i've seen lately.

That's so nice of you mate, glad you liked it !

This is a great MOC, I love how different it is from the more recent T-65's. I've been messing with a 9493 and it's turning out ok, but your nose shaping looks interesting.

Well, this is fantastic. Although I have no need for an X-wing in this scale, I may purchase the instructions anyway 'just in case,' as I can't imagine Lego topping this design in the near future.

9 hours ago, Flandy said:

This is a great MOC, I love how different it is from the more recent T-65's. I've been messing with a 9493 and it's turning out ok, but your nose shaping looks interesting.

Thank you ! I've seen your T-70 and it's excellent ! i'm glad you liked this one ! heh belive it or not this actually started as a 9493 mod about a year ago, i'm looking forward to seeing yours.

2 hours ago, ProvenceTristram said:

Well, this is fantastic. Although I have no need for an X-wing in this scale, I may purchase the instructions anyway 'just in case,' as I can't imagine Lego topping this design in the near future.

Thank you ! That is very nice from you glad you liked it ! :)

This looks fantastic!  Definitely one of the most appealing I've seen.  Out of curiosity, are there a lot of rare/hard to find parts used?  I've had mixed luck with Bricklink, and would probably only attempt this if I could find most of the parts on Pick a Brick/Bricks and Pieces.  

2 hours ago, Bley Harvest said:

This looks fantastic!  Definitely one of the most appealing I've seen.  Out of curiosity, are there a lot of rare/hard to find parts used?  I've had mixed luck with Bricklink, and would probably only attempt this if I could find most of the parts on Pick a Brick/Bricks and Pieces.  

Thanks ! well there aren't a lot of rare/expensive parts maybe the most expensive ones would be:

1x Black Technic,Brick 6x8 Open Center

1x White Wedge,Plate 4x9 without Stud Notches

8x Rubber Belt Small (Round Cross Section) - Approx. 2 x 

1x Windscreen 8 x 4 x 2 with 2 Studs and Handle with Silver Cockpit Window 

It all depends on where you buy it, you can even do some replacements if you want, i highly recomend using bricklink more tho, it's just a matter of finding a store that has a good rep, prices and stock.You can also try ToyPro.com they are pretty great !.

I'm currently uploading this to the Bricklink MOC page, regardless of where you end up buying the pieces, there will be a full inventory of the parts with the proper colors,names and quantities.

Hey everyone,

A little update here...

So i was happily wondering on google looking for some reference pics for some Rogue One minifigures i've been working on for 2 months or so, and while i was there i stumbled across a better pic of the black T-65B featured in rogue one, to my surprise there were a ton of pics about this X-Wing which i later found out that it's called the Partisian X-Wing.

(For those of you who aren't familiar with it here are some pics of it)

32347496325_d50489d258_z.jpg

32308064656_2dbec0209d_z.jpg

32308064956_da3a0ffd03_o.png

Now the Partisian X-Wing is a type of T-65B X-wing starfighter used by Saw Gerrera's Partisans during the events of Rogue One, so i instantly wanted to make it in some way since, atleast to me is one of the coolest paintjobs i've seen on a x-wing

So i went to my LDD file of my T-65B and re-painted it to look like the Partisian X-Wing (Or as i like to call it the "Oreo X-Wing) then i rendered it using Blurender, i gotta say i'm in love with this, i might build it in bricks after i'm done with some other projects i've got going on.
30903583575_dec00c2a2d_z.jpg

30867694936_f90f2017d3_z.jpg

So let me know what you think ! Love it hate it ? Let me know

-Prime

Edited by FTG Prime

Nice build, looks very smooth!

And I like the partisan X-Wing. It has quite a unique look with those colors.

On 10/11/2016 at 8:40 PM, naugem said:

Nice build, looks very smooth!

And I like the partisan X-Wing. It has quite a unique look with those colors.

Thanks mate, glad you liked the overall design and the partisan. I'm really flattered that all of you like it

Hello everyone,

I've been messing with my T-65 quite a bit, some of that stuff has been the opening mechanism which now works as a scisor one, i did this mainly because i want the s-foils to be on attack position most of the time, i don't have a picture of it right now since i want to build the next thing i'm about to show you first.

I completely re-designed the blasters, i got some imspiration from my good friend Inthert design but added some bits of my own and addapted it for my model

31558085681_9a9dc97d14_z.jpg

I hope to build this as soon as i can to show you all the mods i've been doing to the T-65, and just if you are wondering this are going to be a free update for everyone who has bought my instructions, you'll get this file as soon as it's finished.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and hey ! let me know what you think of the new blaster design.

-Prime

Great model, I'm definitely tempted to build this. Do you also have a bricklinkable parts list in "original" colour scheme to go with the instructions? Cheers

8 hours ago, belkor said:

Great model, I'm definitely tempted to build this. Do you also have a bricklinkable parts list in "original" colour scheme to go with the instructions? Cheers

Hello, thanks ! glad you like it that much, yes actually the only model i'm selling is a  Red Squadron blank T-65 model (so you can come up with your own colour scheme), a lxf file is included so you can upload the part list directly to BL, i think the only piece that isn't on that particular file is the printed canopy piece, but i'm sure you'll be able to find it :laugh:

Very nice model, discolored pieces are great for Star Wars :P

However I can't see the Partisan X-wing pics, could you reupload them?

18 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Very nice model, discolored pieces are great for Star Wars :P

However I can't see the Partisan X-wing pics, could you reupload them?

Ikr ! They really get the OG models look, right.

Thanks for letting me know ! I edited the post, you should be able to see them now c:

Edited by FTG Prime

4 hours ago, FTG Prime said:

Ikr ! They reslly get the OG models look right.

Thanks for letting me know ! I edited the post, you should be able to see them now c:

Thanks, I see them now, very cool :)

Hi FTG,

Looks like your instructions are no longer available. Could you let me know how I could purchase them please?

Many thanks!!!

On 8/3/2017 at 10:59 AM, belkor said:

Hi FTG,

Looks like your instructions are no longer available. Could you let me know how I could purchase them please?

Many thanks!!!

Hello Belkor,

I know i already answered you this in a PM but this is so others can see it too lol,

Here's the new link in case anyone is wondering about that: http://www.ebay.com/itm/222434511641?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Also expect the blaster & ground crew update very soon !!