Sign in to follow this  
MassEditor

The Falling Darkness [Book II, Chapter V: Prelude, Part I]

Darkness, growing ever blacker, falling ever deeper, consuming ever more. 

In Nocturnus, there is no escaping it. The light grows dimmer, the darkness more encompassing.

These lands have never known true peace. War and death are staples here. Since the Obsidian Spike rose in the East, Nocturnus has bathed in the blood of its own. From its gates the Black Spire lord, Raavage, unleashed his army across Nocturnus. His quest for power and the resulting Civil War cleaved Nocturnus in half. Father was pitted against son, sister against brother, countryman against countryman. The conflict speeds to all corners of the land, and few escape its brutality. 

In recent times the war had slowed to a stalemate. Lord Ssilyrrlith, the nominal leader of the Nocturnian Resistance, remains holed up in the capital, Abyssian, besieged by a Black Spire army. Leadership of the resistance has fallen to Lord Vladivus of Shadowmere and an assortment of commanders united in their hatred of Raavage. Bravely they hold the line, attacking the Black Spire where it is weak and falling back only when they must. 

29994661843_10c3ba4b93_z.jpg

Allies in other Guilds send what they can to bolster the Resistance armies.
30328533960_55cf1eba22_z.jpg

Shamans, wisewomen, sorcerers and witches offered blessings for the Resistance troops and provided safe places of worship.

29427241783_91e66def5b_z.jpg

But now the resistance lines are beginning to weaken while the Black Spire's grow stronger. Despite setbacks, and there were many - the treachery of the Drow and the Valyrian, Count Basil; the Zugal's turn against the Black Spire; the failed trap at Lagash Ur; and the defection of Anfauglir from Raavage's Covenant allies - the Black Spire has shown no signs of faltering. 

New armies are emerging from the Obisdian Spike's gate to bring Raavage's rule to the remaining Resistance enclaves. Raavage is clever and merciless, his armies powerful and numerous. With help from new allies, Raavage threatens to crush all in his way.

14601688420_eb456a9f15_z.jpg

Senurhem Nogad, the Covenant lord, continues to support the Black Spire with his powerful armies and dark magic.  

25813156041_5f516568b8_z.jpg

Other new and fearsome allies arrive from far off lands to assist the Dark Lord.

30060748605_a10ba6f7a9_z.jpg

The power of the dark spirits are not lost by Raavage's forces. They, too, seek divine assistance and to curse their foes.

30328638950_76e78ea436_z.jpg

Futhermore, rumors spread among the Resistance leadership that Raavage seeks a mysterious and powerful artifact to aid his conquest. Such power threatens the precarious balance of forces. Failure to stop him would allow Raavage to spread his influence to all of Nocturnus and possibly beyond. 

The leaders of Historica's other Guilds watch with despair the events in Nocturnus. Kingless and without a united front, Historica holds its breath and prays for Raavage's defeat.  What this renewed war will mean for Nocturnus, no one is sure. But one thing is certain: the bloodshed is only just beginning.

30538628461_a1eb2e7d60_z.jpg

Edited by MassEditor

Glad to see matters are progressing!  ...well, sort of.  Quite a collection of fine (and very Nocturnian!) MOCs!

First minichallanges, now this :sweet: Great collection of builds, glad those minichallenge winning builds were put to use. But what will come next? The suspence is too much. The Maestro might just have to march into nocturnus to find out himself...

Excellent!  I have been really looking forward to chapter V!  Now why did it have to be announced on the first day of me being away on holiday with out any Lego with me at all. :grin:

Ooh, sounds awesome! Shame I won't have that much building time, but I'll see what I can do to aid our brothers in Nocturnus! 

This is really a fantastic and scary story. I also illustrate my stories with LEGO creations. You can    find some of them here, in Eurobricks. I'd like to know your opinion. And we are waiting for continuation of the story.

My goodness this is going to be just fantastic. I really like to read all the story and how it well blends with all of the mocs scenery.
Cant wait to see what this new chapter will bring.

Great story, look forward to seeing the what the future holds for Nocturnus, good the see the winners of minichallenges here!

Also I've never been active on GoH during a Book, what's allowed, or what can anyone build to do with this chapter? :classic:

Awesome to see this finally progressing! I'm ready to build for the Sake of Historica!

(The reason I haven't posted in some time is because I'm preparing some Nocty stuff)

15 minutes ago, Blufiji said:

Time to rise up and take back the east!

Indeed it is my brothers. I have not been idle in my absence. Shadowmere's Legions are amassing for war, and the ancient Nocturnian warrior order, the Dark Brethren ready to strike at the Spire.

The day comes, where Ravaage will not face the Resistance, nor yet a Free Nocturnus, but a united Historica. This land was won in by our blood, sweat and feats of arms, and those of our ancestors. Let us not sully their memory with inaction or treachery, but let our arrows arc towards the enemies heads, and our swords sing as they strike blows against the tyranny of the Spire. Come, my fellow Historican's, forget the feuds of old, and raise your shields, and be the bulwark that the tide of oppression breaks and falters upon. We stand upon the brink of greatness- will thou grasp victory and have your names echo through all time as heroes?

Glad to see everyone excited for the new chapter! Part II is now up!

@Legofin2012
Glad you are joining us for this chapter! More details will be announced soon!

@Staslegomaster

I look forward to seeing your builds and illustrations! Hope you will be able to participate in this Chapter!

I've never been here for a chapter, either, so this is exciting. Looking forward to building some more in Nocty, perhaps, while also trying to get my story going again over in Avalonia. Too many builds, not enough time!

On 10/29/2016 at 4:44 PM, Lord Vladivus said:

Indeed it is my brothers. I have not been idle in my absence. Shadowmere's Legions are amassing for war, and the ancient Nocturnian warrior order, the Dark Brethren ready to strike at the Spire.

The day comes, where Ravaage will not face the Resistance, nor yet a Free Nocturnus, but a united Historica. This land was won in by our blood, sweat and feats of arms, and those of our ancestors. Let us not sully their memory with inaction or treachery, but let our arrows arc towards the enemies heads, and our swords sing as they strike blows against the tyranny of the Spire. Come, my fellow Historican's, forget the feuds of old, and raise your shields, and be the bulwark that the tide of oppression breaks and falters upon. We stand upon the brink of greatness- will thou grasp victory and have your names echo through all time as heroes?

That was inspiring. Let's get to it!

ooooh im hyped! Ill probably stop progress on my current moc if a challenge comes up soon :D

Great illustration of a long-awaited start of chapter V!
This is just what I needed to get back into GoH again :wink:

Um... Historica has one true king... his name is Ark'Mora Raa -- The Desert King!!!!  :P

But, for real, great builds! Great story!