Hello,

First time posting here on Eurobricks and I would like to present my Mercedes Benz Arocs SLT.  The idea for this project came from the release of 42043, and I began looking at some of the other Mercedes Benz truck models.  I was also beginning to build Jaap's amazing Nooteboom trailer and was going to need something to connect it to!  The project began with the purchase of a second 42043 as that provided a good starting point.  As you will see many design elements have been taken from 42043 but once you look closely pretty much every aspect of the original truck has been changed..  My model features suspension on all axles which is pretty much identical to that of the official Lego model except for the second steered axle which had to be modified to allow for the driveshaft to pass through it and connect to the rear axles.  I originally built the truck with power functions but I didn't like the fact that the 2 XL motors made it impossible to still incorporate a working inline 6 cylinder engine.  I was also having problems transferring all that power from the 2 XL's through all the universal joints needed to make it through the second front steered/suspended axle!  So the power functions were removed and the truck now has good old fashion HOG steering.  The other main compromise is the front grill that only has 4 rows instead for 5 like on the real truck.   I also need to give credit to Jaap Technic for creating the custom decals and for the excellent design of the Nooteboom trailer.  Overall I am pretty happy with this project but I am always making little changes!

Scale: 1:16

Length:  45.5 cm 

Width:  15.1 cm

Height to top of cab:  23.5 

First the real thing...

rs15693arocs-slt-4163s.jpg

mb_arocs_slt_1.jpg

mb_arocs_slt_2.jpg

mb_arocs_slt_3.jpg

mb_arocs_slt_5.jpg

mb_arocs_slt_4.jpg

Looking forward to your feedback.  Thanks!

Awesome Arcos SLT! Great job using the system arches for the frontwheels. I think the grille is a bit too tall, but that is my only minor complaint. I'd love to see the underside!

Wow..... I am amazed with the number of newbies that are coming out with first posts that just rock.   Great job overall, and given this is your first post, you fall into this camp!  Love the looks, trailer really accentuates the model as well. 

Thanks for all the positive comments, much appreciated!  Thought I would post a few more pictures.  In response to the comments about needing a load for the trailer my current work in progress is a 1:16 scale Volvo A35G articulated hauler (with some very large and very cool custom pneumatic cylinders...).  I've got all my scale measurements worked out and the project is turning out to be fairly large so I think it will look pretty good on the trailer!

mb_arocs_slt_6.jpg

mb_arocs_slt_7.jpg

mb_arocs_slt_8.jpg

1 hour ago, JLW Bricks said:

Thanks for all the positive comments, much appreciated!  Thought I would post a few more pictures.  In response to the comments about needing a load for the trailer my current work in progress is a 1:16 scale Volvo A35G articulated hauler (with some very large and very cool custom pneumatic cylinders...).  I've got all my scale measurements worked out and the project is turning out to be fairly large so I think it will look pretty good on the trailer!

Great model. LEGO Arocs suspension is good implemented in this model. Thumbs up

7 hours ago, Aleh said:

Looks very nice but too tired from the TLG stock grill...

Yes the grill is one area I still might work on improving.  It would be nice to try and replicate the real thing more accurately.

On 11-11-2016 at 9:06 PM, lucio said:

beutifull  truk  mercedes arocs:wub: istruction pleas???

Hi Lucio. Welcome to EB!

Since you are not a native speaker, it's not an issue that your spelling isn't always correct. But please use proper punctuation and try to make readable sentences. There's no need to use three question marks either. 

Furthermore, EB isn't a place where we beg for instructions when a MOC is presented.

Thanks for understanding and have fun!
Jim

On 11/2/2016 at 6:23 AM, JLW Bricks said:

Yes the grill is one area I still might work on improving.  It would be nice to try and replicate the real thing more accurately.

Someone made nice facelift here (page 12). I still think there is a lot of room for creativity to enhance the MB Arocs face and get it closer to real.

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 1:06 PM, lucio said:

beutifull  truk  mercedes arocs:wub: istruction pleas???

Thanks for the positive comments.  Unfortunately there probably won't be any instructions made, I wouldn't really know where to begin!

11 hours ago, JLW Bricks said:

Thanks for the positive comments.  Unfortunately there probably won't be any instructions made, I wouldn't really know where to begin!

ok...I thought I felt like creating the instructions for this beautiful model...again compliments...

Saw this beauty in the HOF missed it before, very good model, nice detail. It really looks like the real thing.

Edited by Dafgek81