Blaze

Attack of a nordic Ice dragon!

My first freebuild in a year or so. I'm quite happy with it and finally someone helped me with the pictures, that was always big trouble for me.

30516734251_58e46bb91e_c.jpg

Attack on breezerock cabbin. The northern rangers got a message that a dragon was spotted near Breezerock village, so they sent three of their rangers to the village to investigate, At their arrival they already saw him landing at the cabbin, so they hurried up there.

Captain Finn took his brother David and a rookie, Fredd with him to Breezerock. 

David "Now you can finally get some real action Fredd, this is nothing like your training!!"

Fredd "I don't care, I trained for this my half life, I am ready!"

30516740851_532d2f55a1_c.jpg

As soon as they were at the cabbin, the dragon came down like he smelled fresh meat. He immediatley attacked with a couple of ice blasts, one right at Captain Finn.

30304910150_864873ba31_c.jpg

Finn "pfff I have had hotter enemies, get it David? Because it's an ice dragon haha" (Finn is not one of the most funny captains luckily)

David *whispering* "How did he ever get to be captain......"

30487924242_8bb7a516ee_c.jpg

30516736771_19ae39e9ae_c.jpg

Right as David is going to charge the dragon, it almost seems as if the dragon knew his attempt and blasts a big beam of ice at him.

David "oeh luckily the mage blessed my shield with an anti frost potion, otherwise I would likely be as cold as a deep Mitgardian winter's night right now!"

Finn "You're taking heavy ice David! Get it, instead of heavy fire?? Hahahahaha"

30516739011_11f4e69371_c.jpg

Lady Sue with her young boy are not so happy with the dragon attack!

30304909070_2a63ff38d2_c.jpg

30516733051_52c69ee280_c.jpg

Two pictures of just the dragon. I am quite happy with the moc and I think this is my best dragon so far. I was heavily inspired by the videogame Skyrim for the shape of the dragon (more a wyvern actually) and also by a moc on mocpages by stormbringer I saw a couple of months ago. It is also a contest entry on flickr for a dragon contest by Nuju Metru. Please let me know what you guys think, I really appreciate it! Thanks!

Great return to free building, Blaze!  That dragon is pretty mean looking and I really like the roofs of the buildings!  The stone as a story on top of wood seems a little odd, but otherwise the houses are really neat and the random pillars of snow-capped rocks are great! :thumbup:  

Gorgeous :wub::wub: Whoever helped you with the pics did a great job, they look fantastic! I very much like the layout of the build and how you have several different buildings included :thumbup:

The woodwork all around is excellent, and the snow cover on roofs also looks very nice. Tremendous dragon as well! The dark silver parts for wings work beautifully and I like his spiky look :wub:

It's great to have you back :grin:

Fantastic :wub: Everything here is wonderful, from the house and sheds, to that absolutely stunning dragon.
The snow on the roofs is excellent too, and the rock spires give some nice height variation to the landscape. :thumbup:

I was thinking of Skyrim too when seeing the dragon :wink: Looks very good! Layout and detailing of the scene is also very impressive, as is the dynamic feel of the fight situation. Also nice how you played with the camera focus. I don't see that often!:thumbup::classic:

awesome! The superb dragon is of course an eye-catcher, but the woodwork is very Nice as well

Thanks for the great comments everyone! Kai, you are right, now that you mention it, I should have switched the floors. Lets just say it is super strong oak wood on the bottomfloor :wink:

Im glad that you have started building for the guilds, and a pretty awesome first impression for some of us new(ish) guild members :laugh:. The dragon is amazingly natural, and the landscape is great :thumbup: Although the stonework on top is not common it looks really nice, and is a change from the standard style. Can't wait for your next builds :classic:

Oh wow, that dragon is really cool, but I'm absolutely in love with that house! :wub:

Great build, and the dragon is fantastic :wub: the small pine trees are very nice too, and the whole build gives of a nice northern village feel, good work!

This is a fantastic build! The buildings are fine (with the exception of stone on top of wood--maybe it is just a fancy-patterned stucco or shingle?) but I hardly even notice them due to that magnificent dragon. The spines, particularly the large ones on the shoulders, are splendid, and the color scheme complements the design well. I love the dark grey with the tan underbelly, all tied together beautifully with the white accent spikes. I could go on, but I will leave it with this: builds like this one make me jealous of people who can design really cool brick-built beasts that do not merely look cartoonish. It makes me want to try my hand at a similar build just to see what I can do. In short, it is an inspiring build. 

Awesome build and excellent photography, Blaze, the dragon's color-scheme is superb, and the white spikes finish it off perfectly! :thumbup:  The house is great as well (the cross above the doorway gives it a very Mitgardian feel!), and buildings nearby, as SK said, add a lot to the scene! :wink:  A humorous story too - great to have you back building again! :classic: 

@Blaze You should add a link to your flickr stream in your signature, I'd love to be able to favorite this build for future reference. And also see updates on your builds at Flickr :classic:

Thanks everyone for the great comments, it is very nice to see that everyone likes it! @Henjin_Quilones it took me quite some time before the proportions of the dragon were right, just keep practising was my way of achieving this dragon and I am really looking forward if you would try to build one! Please let me know, I love brick built Dragons and beasts!

@soccerkid6 oh yeah thanks for the advice, I will add it this afternoon, but this is the link to my photo stream https://www.flickr.com/photos/136674464@N05/

Woah, now this is really cool! What a fantastic scene, and that dragon! That beast is truly something else. I imagine it was a frustrating challenge building that dragon, but wow the result is perfect. Almost as impressive is your photography. A+++ for sure!

I must make one complaint, however: why leave such a cliffhanger?!?! Were David and Finn able to defeat the dragon? Was Breezerock destroyed during the battle? Was Lady Sue happy in the end? 

Thanks for the nice comments everyone! I'm really thankfull for all the nice words :classic:

@MassEditor maybe I'm working on a skeleton version for a new freebuild, but you didn't hear that from me :wink:

Nice build, Blaze!

The buildings are definitely my favorite part!  The partial snow cover is well done.  Nice photography as well!

The dragon is also well built!  With many points of articulation, it looks like this dragon is very pose-able.

17 hours ago, Blaze said:

maybe I'm working on a skeleton version for a new freebuild, but you didn't hear that from me :wink:

The cliffhanger leaves us wanting a finish to the story, so I will be looking forward to your freebuild!

I just noticed that brickbuilt made a small article about it http://www.brickbuilt.org/?p=5637

I'm very gratefull with this!

And in one of the coming days I'll give you guys a small preview in this topic about what happened to the dragon :wink:

The enviorment was amazing! You really rock at making huts. And the dragon was fantastic!!:thumbup:

I am currently trying to build one so any advice would be great! Thanks a lot, and once again, AMAZING!

Looks great!  I really like the roof design, it works surprisingly well giving a really natural look to a snow covered roof. :thumbup: