AmperZand

Will Blu Tack/sticky tack stain LEGO?

Blu Tack, the adhesive putty normally used to put posters up, can leave stains on walls. If you use it to hold two ABS pieces of LEGO together, will it leave a mark on the LEGO when you remove it? Even after a long time? 

It doesn't look like the color gets absorbed into ABS plastic.  I have a second hand Spiderman that came with blue tack stuck to its back for an unknown amount of time. At least a couple months before I noticed it.  There was no blue on the red plastic after I scaped it off. 

6 hours ago, dr_spock said:

It doesn't look like the color gets absorbed into ABS plastic.  I have a second hand Spiderman that came with blue tack stuck to its back for an unknown amount of time. At least a couple months before I noticed it.  There was no blue on the red plastic after I scaped it off. 

Thanks, dr_spock! That's very helpful. Blu Tack can leave what appears to be a grease stain or dark patch on walls. Was there anything like that on your second hand Spidey?

I have a handful of figs that have had sticky tack on them since 2001 (!). If you'd like, I can try to find them and remove the sticky tack and let you know if there is any staining. :classic:

It will leave a sticky mark.  But it's easy to clean off, not really any different to handling parts with your fingers and getting the oils off your skin on them.

5 hours ago, Wolfpack Bandit said:

I have a handful of figs that have had sticky tack on them since 2001 (!). If you'd like, I can try to find them and remove the sticky tack and let you know if there is any staining. :classic:

Yes, that would be very much appreciated, Wolfpack Bandit. I'm intrigued what you find out.

By the way, you have a cool user name. :thumbup: 

2 hours ago, Giantorange said:

It will leave a sticky mark.  But it's easy to clean off, not really any different to handling parts with your fingers and getting the oils off your skin on them.

Sounds like you tried it, Giantorange. How long was the sticky tack there before you removed it, and did you use soap and water to remove the stain or did it require something stronger?