I can not put together (it means engaging in) the two gears with eight teeth - LDD program prevents me from putting these gears next to each other, and I do not know why?

Can someone please help me solve this problem?

I am a new user of Lego Digital Designer and I do not know what wrog I do while trying to engaging in of these wheels.

Very please to grant me help.

LDD Error.png

You have to rotate one of the two by 45 degrees. Now it's not possible to insert the second gear because teeth collide.

Thanks Kevin!

I did like you said. I thought that LDD self-adjusting the rotation Where could I get to know this type of tricks?  Is there any source ?

8 teeth = each teeth is off set by 45 degrees. You want to rotate one gear so the teeth doesn't overlap and that means half a teeth offset: 22.5 degrees.

Gears were never auto adjusted in LDD, you have to manually adjust each shaft to add gear.  Divide number of teeth on new gear you want to use by 360 to get degree per teeth, Then rotate the target shaft half that so teeth won't overlap. And you also need to remember new shaft placed in are set at 0 or 90 degree so it is possible the next shaft won't need to be rotated.

If you think it's annoying, try runninh chain links or treadmill links.  Each one has to be manually adjusted and all the gears hopefully are adjusted correctly for the entire link chain to fit in. Not many people can handle this part correctly. 

30 minutes ago, Lego Otaku said:

Divide number of teeth on new gear you want to use by 360 to get degree per teeth,

The other way around: divide 360 by the number of teeth :wink::grin:, or even better 180/number of teeth to directly get the angle to have the teeth evenly separated/locked.