Hi Guys, 

I would like to share my 8x8 medium dump truck with you. The target was to create 8x8 dump truck with 4 differencials in compact size with good driving abilities. It drives quite well, but due to large amount of gears, even XL motor have some trubles (wont stop, but you can hear little bit) while steering/climbing, but I'm happy with result, even view could be better.

Some info: 

Propulsion: 8x8 by PF XL 
Steering: 8x4 by PF Servo (different angle for second axle)
1 Differencial for each axle
Dumping by 1 M motor.
No suspension, but thanks to flexible body, it can go well over obstacle.
Opanable doors

I'm sorry for really bad quality pictures, will upload short video soon. 

What do you think? 

015.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

008.jpg

012.jpg

014.jpg

Very smart solution at the steering :thumbup: Also cool look!

From where does it get its power from? I can't see a BB...

I think the battery box is in the cab. Great build and good size. it has some nice details too.

H

Very cool truck, i am very amazed with how many Pf components you have added (and hidden) inside it, the functions appear to be enough good, and the 8x8 transmission is just amazing, the turning angle is very good and i think it must be a very good offroader too with that XL, very cool model, i hope you can upload the video soon.

This is neat! It looks so organic. The Technic set as it should be: clean appearance and some nice engineering underneath. The logical solution at the scale would be to skip differentials in the front. Good job on pushing it through. I am looking forward the video. How these 12T bevel gears in the front axles manage the torque of the XL without a rigid bracing? Based on my experience nothing but the dedicated brackets can stop them from slipping.

Nice! Would like to see internals:classic:

I'm amazed how you managed to fit all the functions in such model (it isn't that big). Looking forward more transmission pictures. Front one especially!

Very creative!! I like how you can barely tell it has power functions. Great steering design. Well done!

Nice job with the very small scale and the intriguing front steering design.  I can't make out how the front axles are powered and where the axis of steering rotation is.  More pics of the underside would be nice :-)

Hi, thanks a lot for your comments and sorry for not getting back sooner, was bussy. I made short video, but need to upload it first. 

I also started to build it in LDD and here is a drivetrain:

drive.png

I will post LDD, video and other images soon. 

You get my unofficial "Smallest 8x8 Technic truck ever" title. Great idea and excecution! :wub:

All I can do is add to the general consensus ,  it looks great and works well.  I especially like your solution for the front wheels with drive and steering ;) 

Really good build. I like the size and the fact that the size makes it possible to actually use those small 12 tooth bewel gears for some driving and only for crunching..

I would say that most of the time this is the size we should build in. This is what Lego plastic can drive and manage and that everyone can appreciate. everything is smooth and is working, no damaged gears, no super-super enforced structures with 8x8 AWD Unimog tyres building BIG..!

PS. flip the second differentials in the LDD :wink: