Sign in to follow this  

Doctor Who - Season 9 - Episode 12 - Hell Bent:

This is Clara's T.A.R.D.I.S ( Well they sort of stole it from the Timelord's on Galifrey ).
30380420402_2c25fcf4d9_b.jpg

My first build since I had a fire way to close to me. I've just recently gotten back into building after having spend countless hours washing and cleaning my LEGO collection ( and im still not totally finished ).

30380419112_3ae465b5eb_b.jpg

So this is the first installment of my project I like to call "Cube Layout project".

This is all about having fun, and for me to get back into building.
Before the fire I was caught up in a lot of other project's as i got my first LEGO train, so I never got to build a full layout.
Now it's time for that ! 

Cube Layuot Project:

30380420052_e54effde89_o.jpg

All these cubes will fit together for a bigger layout being 34x34 studs. This will enable me to put a baseplate on top and have a 1 plate edge surrounding it in order to be economical with my brick usage.

29864992833_196e97d9b4_c.jpg

30380419942_bd7b47a320_b.jpg 

This is not the layout as planned. Just a collection of some of the cubes already buil't.

Now a bit of what I have planned for to have fun here, and getting into building again.

Installments planned:
Doctor Who - Gas and Snacks - T.A.R.D.I.S - ( This one ).

Doctor Who - Gas and Snacks - T.A.R.D.I.S - Small continuation - ( Planning )

Doctor Who - T.A.R.D.I.S train ( offcourse :P ) - ( Planning )

Fabuland - Fabuland settlement ( Building )

Matrix reloaded ( building )

Matrix revolutions ( planning - somewhat testing build )

Diablo - Part one - A shortcut to the black templars treasure - ( Can be found here )

World of warcraft - Arriving at Ironforge ( Can be found here )

World Of Warcraft ( a collaboration of Diablo, Baldurs gate, World of warcraft ) - ( building )

War against the Cthoor.

Call of Cthulhu. 

The LEGO movie.

Now, everything is up for change, as this is all about having fun. To me it's all about having a train layout finally, with some great looking surroundings. I will ad and rebuild every installment as i get further in the progress to fit everythig together. So this build is not yet finished.

29864992343_d94d13a3c2_b.jpg

Now, i have a feeling that this will be the next finished build. So here's a teaser ... Where will this tunnel lead ? 

So glad to be back. 

KlodsBrik.

Edited by KlodsBrik

On 25/10/2016 at 5:18 AM, Ashnflash said:

That's really awesome! I see the potential for a really awesome Dimensions MOC! Can't wait to see more!

On 25/10/2016 at 7:04 PM, mr_witchhunter said:

34x34-studs cubes! This is a brilliant idea! Now I know how to use bricks wisely in large builds.

Thank's both.

I have Dimensions in my mind, but havent yet got an idea of a brilliant way to represent it. Then again, the layout is for now planned to be 7x6 cubes, so I still have a lot to build other themes on as I move along.
More to come quite soonish. ;) 

Love it!, this really clever and I can`t wait to see any Fabuland build that you come up with, as I love to see any nostalgic builds.

Thanks for sharing with us.

You know what would make that diner Doctor Who scene even better would be having some decals with the Clara paint on it :cry_happy:

On 28/10/2016 at 8:52 PM, r5-j2 said:

Love it!, this really clever and I can`t wait to see any Fabuland build that you come up with, as I love to see any nostalgic builds.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Thank's a lot.... Im also spending lot of time thinking about how to make the Fabuland build stand out. And I think im on it.
It will however not be the next few installments, but im getting there. And i personally love what it have come to look like so far. 

On 29/10/2016 at 8:23 PM, Ashnflash said:

You know what would make that diner Doctor Who scene even better would be having some decals with the Clara paint on it :cry_happy:

My printer got lost in the fire due to ash and smoke particles. But now I know what to do to make this build look less dull once i get a printer again. Thanks ! :sweet:

Finished next installment. A Diablo cube.

30089218334_10f9a0181d.jpg

Can be found here.

Edited by KlodsBrik

On 6/11/2016 at 6:18 PM, The Architect said:

Very clever MOC! I enjoy your builds.

Thank´s.
Been working a lot on this whole project. What I favor the most is how Im laying it out. I can jump between "cubes" to build whatever I feel like from day to day. Offcourse, this makes it seem like nothing new is happening to whomever is reading my post´s. But a lot of cubes are getting build, and all over sudden a lot of installments will be posted. 
Anyhow, the most important part for me, is to have fun. And that I surely have ! :classic:

Army building for a future installment:
 sorry SW fans, it has nothing to do with Rogue one, but a lot to do with War against the Cthorr - A matter for men.

32075042766_2d71319428_c.jpg

On 5/1/2017 at 9:39 AM, r5-j2 said:

Ahh!....alien,nasty thingies, created by David Gerrold.

Most definately. But they will have to wait. The creapy little worms is still softly asleep in their little nest´s. But slowly some tablescrapping is beginning to shape them for the cube project. :tongue:

By now, Ironforge has finally been installed for my project, making me an endcap, and somewhat, the whole of the build begins to take shape:

31411473784_67571eb6c2_c.jpg
Have a look at Ironforge here.

Having finished Ironforge, I took some time to finish the interior for Clara´s T.A.R.D.I.S. Now, the cafe or gas station if you will, were alreadry done, but I also wanted to be able to get a shot of that heartbreaking moment when she says goodbye to The Doctor for the last time. ( To our knowledge at least ). 

32208032061_064a9f083b_c.jpg

I didn´t have a lot of studs to work with "inside the cube".
So this was the best I could come up with for now.

Happy hour at Snack´s and Gas. Double up on screwdrivers !!

32288716876_082a13309d_c.jpg

Did some more exterior for the Doctor Who cube as it looked blend on pictures.
At first I didn´t really want to add these, but having looked at the pictures and the build itself over and over, I sort of feel that it fits in afterall.

32327718385_bbfff78688_c.jpg

So this is what it looks like now without any lightsetup.

32288717206_1383154050_c.jpg

Yes, the whole of the project is easy to take apart. Here all revealed cubes disconnected.
Next step will be to make a whole setup of all the remainig cubes to get a full loop for the train to ride on.

Please do tell me what you think about this project as it is comment´s that make me want to continue to post the progress on the forum.
When one get´s no feedback it just feels pointless to use time to post here. 

I bet you know the feeling. :classic:

KlodsBrik