Puvel

AoM Store Phase 2: Market Day

Spring was in the air, the merchants had an easier time getting to remote villages as the sun evaporated the snow.

Today the market was livelier than it had been in months.

29826549494_6c52b69b5d_c.jpg

29826550854_47988dc66d_c.jpg

Build the market a couple of weeks ago, but hadn't gotten round to adding minifigs and taking pics, but here you go. Hope you like them.

Edited by Puvel

Very cosy and appealing atmosphere, with (as TheMaestro said) awesome stalls!

This build is very nice! I like the fact that you made the base very subtly irregular with those green angled plates for a softer feel, and the varied sizes and textures of your stones in the pathway make it look very attractive. The minifigure posing is what really sells this one, though; good work with that. I appreciate the effort to make the vegetation look as natural as possible with the many shades of green, but I think that is the weakest part of the build by far (since the rest of it looks great). Perhaps some sort of elevation change or rock outcropping might make it better, and fewer of those grass stalks/flower stems (or at least denser clumps of them with some space taken up by rocks). More/larger trees might help, too. 

This is a nice market scene, Puvel!

The stalls with color and ware variations are very appealing, especially with the minifig posing.  The activity definitely makes this build very believable for a market scene!

The landscape has a nice simple look to it, though I agree with Henjin that some changes would improve it (such as more irregular elevation change, more clumped or denser foliage, larger trees, more rocks, etc.).  It looks good, but I think it could look better. :wink:

Glad to have you back in the guilds, Puvel! Great color choices for the market stalls, and the 2 trees in the back help finish off the scene well :thumbup:

I like your approach to the shield rack, and weapon display too :classic:

really nice little scene! I love the stalls! I second Henjin about the grass, yet I can't wait for phase 3! ^^

Excellent market scene, Puvel! The color choices for the stalls are great, I especially like the medium azure/white combo :thumbup:

The cobblestone, fig posing, and slightly irregular base are all superb too :classic:

Nice one, it looks really good!  The only thing that I would add would be some more leaves on the trees, they look a bit thin and sparse at the moment.

Edited by BrickCurve

On 21-10-2016 at 3:46 AM, The Maestro said:

Nice build Puvel, it gives off a great atmosphere. Those stalls are excellent.

Thanks Maestro! It was fun coming up with different types of stalls

On 21-10-2016 at 10:18 AM, TitusV said:

Very cosy and appealing atmosphere, with (as TheMaestro said) awesome stalls!

Thanks TitusV! Was going for a lovely day at the market so that worked out :D

On 21-10-2016 at 11:45 AM, Henjin_Quilones said:

This build is very nice! I like the fact that you made the base very subtly irregular with those green angled plates for a softer feel, and the varied sizes and textures of your stones in the pathway make it look very attractive. The minifigure posing is what really sells this one, though; good work with that. I appreciate the effort to make the vegetation look as natural as possible with the many shades of green, but I think that is the weakest part of the build by far (since the rest of it looks great). Perhaps some sort of elevation change or rock outcropping might make it better, and fewer of those grass stalks/flower stems (or at least denser clumps of them with some space taken up by rocks). More/larger trees might help, too. 

Thanks Henjin! Mixing up the minifigs was a fun part of the build. You have a good point about the grassy bits, could have made those fit together better.  My rocky bricks were tied up in another build, I'll make sure to add some in one of the next builds. I only added 2 small trees to keep the focus on the stalls, could have added some small ones to fill out the background more, true.

On 21-10-2016 at 5:11 PM, Slegengr said:

This is a nice market scene, Puvel!

The stalls with color and ware variations are very appealing, especially with the minifig posing.  The activity definitely makes this build very believable for a market scene!

The landscape has a nice simple look to it, though I agree with Henjin that some changes would improve it (such as more irregular elevation change, more clumped or denser foliage, larger trees, more rocks, etc.).  It looks good, but I think it could look better. :wink:

Thanks Slegengr! There's always room for improvement, I know what to add in the next one!

On 22-10-2016 at 1:07 PM, soccerkid6 said:

Glad to have you back in the guilds, Puvel! Great color choices for the market stalls, and the 2 trees in the back help finish off the scene well :thumbup:

I like your approach to the shield rack, and weapon display too :classic:

Thanks soccerkid6! Tried to use different colours to lively up the atmosphere a bit

On 22-10-2016 at 1:58 PM, Mpyromaxos said:

Beautiful market! loved the atmosphere! :pir-laugh:

Thanks Mpyromaxos!

On 22-10-2016 at 2:28 PM, en_zoo said:

really nice little scene! I love the stalls! I second Henjin about the grass, yet I can't wait for phase 3! ^^

Thanks en_zoo! Looking forward to building Phase 3! (Might do some other phase 2 ones first though)

11 hours ago, LittleJohn said:

Excellent market scene, Puvel! The color choices for the stalls are great, I especially like the medium azure/white combo :thumbup:

The cobblestone, fig posing, and slightly irregular base are all superb too :classic:

Thanks LittleJohn! 

8 hours ago, BrickCurve said:

Nice one, it looks really good!  The only thing that I would add would be some more leaves on the trees, they look a bit thin and sparse at the moment.

Thanks BrickCurve! It's only start of spring so the trees aren't fully grown yet :P But yeah, could have added a bit to them