littlemissbabs

Lego loving bride to be

Hey everyone,

I am Babs and I have been a fan of Lego since I was a child but love it a lot more now I am older than I did as a child. I am currently planning my wedding for June. I am looking to incorporate as much Lego as possible in to the day. I am very open to any suggestions/tips/tricks/ideas that anyone may have to offer.

Welcome and congratulations, Babs.  What type of wedding are you planning? 

You could use LEGO for table center pieces, flowers, bouquet toss, cake topper, garter belt, momento, etc.

Thanks. The wedding is going to be pretty quirky we both love Lego and things a bit geeky. It will also be pretty relaxed and informal. I have an idea for my table centre pieces with Lego. I want to have Lego flowers for my bouquet probably roses but I have no idea how to make them. I have been struggling to find any kind of tutorial for any. I love Lego and making things but I am not very creative to build freely I need instructions to follow. Also any geeky/quirky random things I can dot around the venue. Any unusual ways of incorporating Lego also welcome. If my dress could be made entirely from Lego I would.

Congratulations! The question to you is... How much LEGO is in your registry? :laugh:   Welcome to the Forums!

On 10/19/2016 at 10:25 AM, littlemissbabs said:

I have an idea for my table center pieces with Lego. I want to have Lego flowers for my bouquet probably roses but I have no idea how to make them. I have been struggling to find any kind of tutorial for any.

There is the simple 852786-1: Rose http://brickset.com/sets/852786-1

You can make your own with these parts:

For one rose:
403228  get 1

6019243 get 1

487121 get 2

242328 get 3

4504379 get 6

4515371 get 6

306228 get 6

The cost off of "Bricks and Pieces" at Lego S@H is $4.57 per rose.

Look at the 3D view on brickset if you aren't sure of the sloped bricks placement.

Hello Babs!

My nephew is also marrying in May and so l looked for an amazing present. I orderd a Lego bride and a lego groom  and both of them are engraved with their names and day of wedding.

I saw Name plates, pie figures and many more amazing Things made of Lego. Lego stores sell a Cake Tin in the form of a Lego Minifigure- at least they do in Austria. I bought one for my doughters birthday Party and the cake looked great!

On 10/21/2016 at 8:17 AM, The Plastic Archer said:

There is the simple 852786-1: Rose http://brickset.com/sets/852786-1

Thanks I did see that but I thought it might be quite small and was thinking open flower I was thinking something like this 7402ef3cf24cee9404dd11544f6d0460.jpg

9 hours ago, paulima said:

Hello Babs!

My nephew is also marrying in May and so l looked for an amazing present. I orderd a Lego bride and a lego groom  and both of them are engraved with their names and day of wedding.

I saw Name plates, pie figures and many more amazing Things made of Lego. Lego stores sell a Cake Tin in the form of a Lego Minifigure- at least they do in Austria. I bought one for my doughters birthday Party and the cake looked great!

Hey the lego bride and groom sound awesome. Where did you find those? I have seen the cake topper on the lego store but haven't decided on that yet as we have found an amazing company to make our cake so we may not need a topper.

4 hours ago, gotoAndLego said:

Consider making a cake topper and ring box out of Lego.

Hi!

I found them on a german  Website

http://www.steindrucker.com/suche.php

amd also on a belgian one:

http://www.brickis.be/de/content/6-personalisieren-lego-steinen-minifiguren

:-)

7 hours ago, littlemissbabs said:

Thanks I did see that but I thought it might be quite small and was thinking open flower I was thinking something like this 7402ef3cf24cee9404dd11544f6d0460.jpg

Hey the lego bride and groom sound awesome. Where did you find those? I have seen the cake topper on the lego store but haven't decided on that yet as we have found an amazing company to make our cake so we may not need a topper.

Wow, the flowers look really pretty!!!

Wow, the flowers look really pretty!!!

On 10/23/2016 at 5:12 AM, DangAndBlast said:

Brothers Brick has a Lego bouquet on their blog today, for even more ideas.

That bouquet is amazing but I have no idea how to build it