Sign in to follow this  
RebelRock

TIE steam

I love it! *wub* What a great idea. What was the contest?

(I moved it too. ;-) )

It's a contest going on right now at FBTBforums.net. You build an iconic Star Wars vehicle in the steampunk style. Fun stuff. :-)

Well, here it is. This is a steam powered version of the TIE fighter from Star Wars. Built for FBTB contest.

Image is gallery when public.

000tiethumb.jpg

Sweet, very sweet... But argh... You now, those things already don't come equipped with a hyperdrive... :-P

Hmmmmm, steampunk *wub*

This baby looks superb, gives me the desperate feeling that I should unpack my bricks right now and start building again. Really, I love it! *y*

Oh, and you made me visiting FBTB again after more than a year! ;-)

Sweet, very sweet... But argh... You now, those things already don't come equipped with a hyperdrive... :-P

It's ok, I equipped this one with a rear hyperpropeller. It's a little known Imperial upgrade. ;-)

Darn. RebelRock, I don't even want to enter the contest anymore. :-(

:-D Ok seriously, that's amazing. It's definantly going to be one of the front runners of the Steam Wars contest, and your building amazes me once again. Great work! *y*

Very good. The general shape is captured perfectly and the smart use of a cart wheel for a windscreen is clever! I also spy Indy's new whip in their too! :-D

This is freakin awesome! *y*

I simply cannot think of anything else to because I'm to busy trying to pick my jaw up floor, from when I first saw this thing. :-)

Simply stunning job. *y*

This is so beautiful! :-)

Any plans on "steampunking" the Millenium Falcon? ;-)

That is a brilliant model!

Really like it alot. I might get over there to vote for you even.

Hope you win!

@ Apo:So you fell for that one ;-)

Get the bricks out and start build then...

-Ras-

I know that this is based off of the contest concept but I think it's very creative anyway. It's build so seamlessly, I didn't even notice that was a wheel as the cockpit window, until Vader pointed it out. As many have said the Indy whips just make the whole thing. It's interesting to see how people are starting to use that piece. I think you've used them perfectly here. You must have been so excited when you came up with the idea. When I have ideas like that I get a little anxious hoping no one else will come up with the same thing and post it before I'm finished building mine.

Anyway, excellent job and thanks so much for sharing this with us. It's very creative and fun and I'm interested to see more of your work in the future.

Wow! Amazing build X-O

With that Tie, You've summed up what "steampunk-building" is *y* *y* *y*

KimT

Very nice, I like the design.

I only wonder what lord Vader will say when they not fly.

Very nice, I like the design.

I only wonder what lord Vader will say when they not fly.

What do you mean? It's a tie of course it flies

KimT

I didn't thought it could work on steam,

Maybe I took it to serious. (friendly face)

I know that this is based off of the contest concept but I think it's very creative anyway. It's build so seamlessly, I didn't even notice that was a wheel as the cockpit window, until Vader pointed it out. As many have said the Indy whips just make the whole thing. It's interesting to see how people are starting to use that piece. I think you've used them perfectly here. You must have been so excited when you came up with the idea. When I have ideas like that I get a little anxious hoping no one else will come up with the same thing and post it before I'm finished building mine.

Anyway, excellent job and thanks so much for sharing this with us. It's very creative and fun and I'm interested to see more of your work in the future.

Yeah, I was pretty excited about banging this one out. The entire idea for the ship came from wanting to use the wheel as a windscreen. I actually was almost completely finished with this model the day after the contest was announced. Had to make a Bricklink order for a few more hinges to finish it and I was really anxious to post pictures. Sometimes in a contest it's good to get things together and photograph as soon as possible because the chance of someone else using a similar idea or style is always possible. In the back of peoples minds, they always remember who used it first. ;-)