The Librarian

X-Men Blackbird

I've had this model sitting around for a fair while and it's taking up a lot of space so I figured it was time to take some pictures and show it off. As well as I can, anyway - I did get some decent lighting this morning . . . only to find I'd photographed it with some bricks splitting in one of the tail fins. So . . . poor lighting for the intact shots. Ho hum.

Enjoy regardless!

30090728870_6cc2b4c9dd_b.jpgX-Men Blackbird by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

29757864044_e15955fd29_b.jpgX-Men Blackbird by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

30271198072_8616049db0_b.jpgX-Men Blackbird by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

30388221105_a07b2f5083_b.jpgX-Men Blackbird by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

30091450350_e4dae86614_b.jpgX-Men Blackbird by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

30272015872_fa1e43c45a_b.jpgX-Men Blackbird by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

Awesome, well done! It looks nice and smooth with plenty of interior space. Excellent shaping overall. If I had one criticism it would be the interior colors. I'd recommend replacing the white with a different color, more grey may be too much so perhaps dark blue. The bright blue chairs also kind of stick out without that color appearing anywhere else in the moc to unify it. Perhaps black chairs might be a better option.

Edited by ToaDraco

Wow, awesome Blackbird! :oh:

You've recreated the form and shape perfectly, in my opinion! My only gripe is the windscreen color, but that's nothing more than personal taste, so don't pay too much attention to it :tongue:

And I do kind of agree with ToaDraco's interior color suggestions as well :blush:

But it's cool that your Blackbird has this big an interior at all. Really, great job! :sweet::thumbup: 

Regards,

Mitch

Thanks for the comments, folks!

The interior was supposed to be all white but I didn't have enough plates, so it ended up a mix of greys and white. The seats would either have been black or white had I but enough seats in either of those colours - turns out I have a surprisingly large number of blue seats.

The canopy is orange for similar reasons - though while I do now own a trans-black version of that part, I felt that wouldn't stand out enough. I think I'd have preferred to do it in trans blue if I could.

Anyway, thoughts to be considered the next time I build a Blackbird!

This is incredible.  Any chance you have an LDD file for this?  I would love to build one and do a review on it.

Thanks!

Wow!!! Nice blackbird. You manage to recreate the shapes of the aircraft really well. It looks awesome. Congrats!

That looks massive and good. :thumbup:

I do not mind the use of multiple colors in the interior.

I think that white makes it a bit lighter and make the interior more visible. 

Holy cow.  That's gorgeous.  I love the exterior, and there's no need to change the windscreen color, because the trans-orange looks great.

The interior already looks professional, so I don't think there's a need to change it, but you can if you want to.  But don't change anything about the outside, because that beauty's perfect.

That's a proper Blackbird! Thank you for posting these pics. Any chance that you could please post additional pics of the underside and aft from above and behind? I feel inspired to get back to finishing my Blackbird.

Edited by Colossus
Added request